Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Umarex Gauntlet
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:24 am 

I contacted them (Umarex USA) awhile ago inquiring about spare parts for their UX Morph X3 pistol.
They wrote back and said... Dave, unfortunately the Morph X3 is not a gun we receive any repair parts for, and don’t have any kind of break down drawing for it.

So I sent him back a break down drawing...didn't help...they have no parts...

I kinda of think the decision of any Umarex modified product coming to Canada would be made by Umarex Sportwaffen GmbH & Co. over in German and not from a subsidiary in the States.

But I still have my fingers crossed!!!! Image

Attachments:
Morph.JPG
Morph.JPG [ 153.85 KiB | Viewed 731 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:05 am 

I did email Germany. I agree the US guys probably wouldn't know. I guess we'll see, maybe they will respond, but they are probably not going to let the cat out of the bag unless they are close to doing all ready I'm thinking. Never know though!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:22 am 

Wow!! Umarex has great customer service!!

I just received an email back, after just sending it yesterday.
Here it is, good news!

Wesley,

Umarex is in the process of a Canadian legal version of the Gauntlet. Our goal is to have these in stock by April of 2018. Thank you for your interest and for checking on this. You should see news and additional information on these soon.

Andy

--
Thank you,

Andrew Green
National Accounts Manager
Umarex USA, Inc.

Hmm interesting that it was a USA National accounts manager that replied, when it it was the German headquarter's site I sent the message on. No matter, glad to get an answer!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 am 

That is great news. The gauntlet is poised to take a big chunk out of the qb market. I know I want one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:58 am 

This is some great news indeed !!! Thx wesb2007.

Sorry for assuming it was Umarex USA you first contacted. Should of asked.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:20 pm 

Yep great news! No problem, it was USA Umarex that answered anyway, so my email ended must have gone there in the end anyway, lol. I had filled out the contact forms on the Umarex site so maybe something about my location just automatically sent it over to the Americans.
I'll have to start saving my pennies, better yet my birthday is that time of year, hmm. Nope, probably have to buy it myself, as a card is usually all I get otherwise, (not complaining [emoji5]), at least I can call it a birthday present, and might not get in so much trouble buying it, lol!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:21 pm 

Time to resurrect an old thread...

Umarex Gauntlet .22 $479.99

wesb2007 Maybe you'll get an early B Day present!!!! Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:05 pm 

Hey, nice to see it in stock! [emoji846]
I cheaped out and ended up buying a 13ci paintball tank with 1200psi regulator for my Qb78D to replace the 88g reverse tank. Going to redo the stock finish as well. Already have the 8 shot repeater kit so it's a poor man's gauntlet.
Still I would love to have a real gauntlet one day as well! I hope they sell like hot cakes!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:55 am 

I'm on the fence between the Gauntlet and the Cometa Orion SH...

Only thing I see that is a plus over the Cometa is. Cheaper mags, bit cheaper and the reg.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:57 am 

Yep the cometa is pretty tempting! [emoji846]
I thought it was regulated.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:01 am 

Interesting review on it from gunmart, here's his experience with UK version for shot count: "Given that this Orion SPR has no regulator fitted, I was intrigued to see how many shots it could produce from the 200bar pressure fill. Using Air Arms Diabolo Field pellets, it soon became quite clear over the course of my chronograph session, that the Orion’s internal valve design is quite exceptional. A total velocity spread of 20 fps over 140-shots, without a regulator, is superb, and to be honest, the equal of several top flight models that do feature a regulator, make of that what you will! Quality ammo was used throughout admittedly, but those are still excellent figures, whichever way you look at it!"
https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/air ... -orion-spr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:05 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
Interesting review on it from gunmart, here's his experience with UK version for shot count: "Given that this Orion SPR has no regulator fitted, I was intrigued to see how many shots it could produce from the 200bar pressure fill. Using Air Arms Diabolo Field pellets, it soon became quite clear over the course of my chronograph session, that the Orion’s internal valve design is quite exceptional. A total velocity spread of 20 fps over 140-shots, without a regulator, is superb, and to be honest, the equal of several top flight models that do feature a regulator, make of that what you will! Quality ammo was used throughout admittedly, but those are still excellent figures, whichever way you look at it!"
https://www.gunmart.net/gun-reviews/air ... -orion-spr

140 shots is the UK 12FPE regulated one though. I expect 60's shot than med to full power.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:07 am 

For sure

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:06 pm 

leadslinger wrote:

140 shots is the UK 12FPE regulated one though. I expect 60's shot than med to full power.

From 3,000psi, I get easy 65-70 shots from the .22 Gauntlet I just purchased. I've been to the range twice with it now, shooting indoors

both times.

First time was from 26 yards and yesterday afternoon from 20yards. Again, 65shots, although I did shoot it down to 800psi a couple times just

to see what would happen. My air supply tank only had 2,900psi in it, so that is what I filled to.

As the pressure dropped from 1,200psi to 900psi, the groups maintained - through to close to 70 shots, then started

shooting 1/2" to 3/4" to the right at 20yards down to 800psi for the next 10 shots.

I figure that 65-70 shots at the same poi is pretty good. I still have not chronographed the gun yet.

The target is 70 shots @ 26 yards from a 3,000psi fill, down to about 900psi. Bottom left is last 5 shots, mostly my fault.

It seems amazingly efficient for such a small tank. Below target was with itit's preferred 19.01H&H Barr. Hunter Extreme.

Found out yesterday, it will shoot about the same with Predator 16gr., but shoots best (3 groups in a row under 1/4") with the 21.3? gr. H&H Extreme Match pellets.

Attachments:
IMG_2017.JPG
IMG_2017.JPG [ 44.67 KiB | Viewed 552 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:59 pm 

Daryl wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
But shoots best (3 groups in a row under 1/4") with the 21.3? gr. H&H Extreme Match pellets.

Daryl nice shooting!! I have some JSB Diabolo 18.13gr coming I've heard good things about them.
It would be nice to get your Gauntlet on the chrony. I'm afraid I had mine apart on the bench in pieces before even putting air in it.
I've installed the JSAR tuning kit and my home made shorter valve retainer. Hand pumped it up to 2500-2700psi.
And put a few 14.3 g domed pellets through it and got 847-856 fps spread on my chrony.
I have yet to adjust the hammer spring tension or adjust or verify output psi on my reg.
I want to check the regs first. Thinking maybe 1250-1300psi out.