Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Umarex Gauntlet
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:11 pm 

We're doing a 'reno' right now, getting ready to sell. We've spent 4 days cleaning up my shop, daughter, wife and even my granddaughter even helped today. What a chore - and stressful few days!
Everything is better organized & the shop floor a wide open space, WOW! - from the lathe over to the loading bench. Only 2 presses, a powder measure, scale and 6" bench vice on it, with room for another 2 or 3 presses - now. Of course, I don't know where anything is, except for brass and ammo(under the bench). My 2 air rifles are in the lockup, of course.
My die sets (47) are in a shelf beside the left hand wall.
The chronograph is available, but not set up - yet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:38 pm 

Daryl wrote:
We're doing a 'reno' right now, getting ready to sell. We've spent 4 days cleaning up my shop, daughter, wife and even my granddaughter even helped today. What a chore - and stressful few days!
Everything is better organized & the shop floor a wide open space, WOW! - from the lathe over to the loading bench. Only 2 presses, a powder measure, scale and 6" bench vice on it, with room for another 2 or 3 presses - now. Of course, I don't know where anything is, except for brass and ammo(under the bench). My 2 air rifles are in the lockup, of course.
My die sets (47) are in a shelf beside the left hand wall.
The chronograph is available, but not set up - yet.

Wanna clean mine? Since I ran out of bullets, I've been using my reloading bench as a second bench. And my other ones a mess trying to make filters and such for the shoe box compressor.

I guess I got time, since I sold my last air rifle and waiting for the Kral.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:56 pm 

You are on your own- it will take me some weeks just to get back to my standard 24/7 back pain.
What I have now, is debilitating.
You could have a dance in there there now. So much open floor space - 15' X 12'. A week ago, there were
two paths through the 'stuff'-one to the loading/work bench and another to the lathe and drill press bench.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:02 pm 

Got mine in 177. Did barrel cleaning, and the trigger pen spring adjustment. Cruder finish compared to my Kral Mega. A pain to take off the breech from the stock. A very good performer though.

After the adjustments mentioned, I can shoot pellet on pellet in my 15 yard basement range, using Crosman pellets. More accurate if using the JSB's 10.3. I wish I could upload pictures but the limited size requirement in the site does not allow me to.

I put my spare "Chinese" made regulator tuned down to 1250 psi output attached to my longer aluminum tank. Will do modifications on the forearm cover/shroud since the filling port is pointing down and might need to drill a hole to have access.

Overall a good value for money rifle. Entry level? Maybe but a lot of performance contained into it. Using my bigger tank I can shoot about 109 shots before the gauge reads to the regulated pressure. ;-). This rifle can go toe to toe with my Brocock Concept, in terms of accuracy, but with lots of air in its tank.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:45 pm 

I thought my 'girls' would have trouble cocking it, but no - wife, daughter and 12 year old granddaughter all shot it indoors at about 18 yards, yesterday.

They all had fun - and wife and daughter shot .177HW97KT along with the Talon .177 and .22 Gauntlet. Grandchild shot the Talon and Gauntlet only. I

guess the ski-pole work for the 12 year old strengthened her hands considerably. She's been in "Free-Style" down-hill competition now for a year.