Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:58 pm 

Pretty pleased with my new pellet trap from Princess Auto. Four knock down ducks and round centre stands up the ducks. I have lots of one inch splatter dots for them so I know where I hit. Seems to be heavy duty and well built. Paid full price but am sure they likely go on sale at some point.

Weight & Package Dimensions
◦Weight (lbs) 11.42
◦Package (L x W x H) 19.8 x 8.3 x 9.1 in.

CHEERS!

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/ ... -p8391963e

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:09 pm 

Mine worked well until I started nailing it with high FPS .22 pellets. A couple of the ducks are bent to one side and a couple have some serious dents.

It still functions fine although it looks like it got hit with a few 12GA blasts with No.4 shot. The paint disappears instantly with high powered air guns (if you miss and hit the frame i mean LoL).

If you pick it up on an angle, the flattened pellets can slide out on the floor, so watch out for that.

It's also pretty noisy, if that matters to you.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:16 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
Mine worked well until I started nailing it with high FPS .22 pellets. A couple of the ducks are bent to one side and a couple have some serious dents.

It still functions fine although it looks like it got hit with a few 12GA blasts with No.4 shot. The paint disappears instantly with high powered air guns (if you miss and hit the frame i mean LoL).

If you pick it up on an angle, the flattened pellets can slide out on the floor, so watch out for that.

It's also pretty noisy, if that matters to you.

Noise is fine. I have 3 other metal traps. Mainly try to shoot all my sub 500 guns in the house. Got a couple heavy duty bullet traps with heavy duty spinners for speedier pellet guns. Thanks for the heads up. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:23 am 

Likely shot 100 pellets at it and I am really pleased with it. Shoot it with a P17 and an old slow Beeman 177 rife with centerpoint scope. Shooting it at 20 feet or so and it work flawlessly. When their is snow on the roof I don't like opening my attic door to shoot upstairs on my longer range. Plus I shoot late at night when my three hunting dogs are upstairs in their crates. They get annoyed with me when I go up and they want to sleep. LOL Have my Beeman and a second P17 for short distance in my tool room. Shoot my airsoft spring pistols in tool room as well. Only thing I found is pellet flatten out and stick to the ducks and have to grab flattened out pellets with needlenose plyers and twist to unstick them. Not a big deal but rather find it odd that that happens. I find it a lot of fun for the purpose I bought it for. Go on sale I may buy another one.

I got two packs of these to put on spinners and on my ducks so I know where I hit things. They work well.

https://www.amazon.ca/Splatterburst-Tar ... gets&psc=1

Green taped one is for airsoft and it captures all the BB's for reuse.

We don't need no stinking video games! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

CHEERS!