Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:19 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
YepYep wrote:
You know what? I think I forgot to tell them about it! :shock:

And here I think we have the making of the next episode of...or wait it's not on the air any more is it... Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:48 pm 

HuskyDude wrote:
DocGadget wrote:
YepYep wrote:
You know what? I think I forgot to tell them about it! :shock:

And here I think we have the making of the next episode of...or wait it's not on the air any more is it... Image

It is in reruns now, was cancelled due to infringing on passengers rights as they may not all have consented to being filmed.
Anyway, bet DocGadget was sweating a bit at the time

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:35 pm 

lol ~ I was sweating while the lady took the gun out from my case.... Because I really didn't remember I put the gun into the case, so I answered several times 'nope' while the lady asked me 'did you bring weapon with you?', ' did you have anything need to declare?, ' did you have fire arms in your baggage?'... Etc.... And then she took the gun out!! I kept my mouth opened wide and have no idea about it ~ [emoji15][emoji15] I talked to myself 'shxxxxt!!! I will be put into jail !!'

Sent from my LG mobile

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:05 pm 

OMG I would NEVER have tried that by plane!!! :shock:
I wasn't sweating at all. The one time I facepalmed my self is crossing to the US. Maybe 14 or 15 years I was going for a long week-end and I often picked small customs where there's a regular guy walking out of a building to come see you instead of the big multi lane crap where you get Rambo the customs master and wait for hours.

We're the only ones there, so we speak with the guy and everything is the usual "where yall goin, anything to declare, drugs, weapons etc" and then he asks me to open the trunk which I did from inside the car... I looked in the mirror and saw him get to his gun... I had a hard double scoped rifle case, that thing is huge (and way too heavy to be practical when full). I had completly forgotten about it and it was empty as I was planning on going airgun shopping. So I yelled to him "it's empty! It's empty!" So with the hand still on his gun he asks me to slowly get out, to keep my hands where he can see them and to come open it for him. Followed the instructions, he asked me what it was for and I told him the truth, the airguns are just not available on our side of the border etc... and he was the nicest guy I ever met! He recommended the Kittery Trading Post to me (which is a fantastic place for airgunners, gun and outdoors enthusiasts, think the huge Cabela's or Bass Pro but with only the important stuff we care about) shook my hand, told me to be safe and have a good trip.

I bought a Daisy that looks like a 1894 lever action. Kinda like a larger, heavier, prettier version of a RedRyder. It looks awesome with wood stock and everything but it shoots like crap. I don't remember the other rifle I bought... Aaah good times, young, (a little bit dumb) innocent, and full of life. Before the kids and easy acces to the internet and it's stores.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:51 am 

lol~ [emoji16][emoji16]

The US policeman will shoot, using the powder burner.... No pellet guns ~

I still remember in my case while I lining up, and saw a airport police with a little cute dog walking around the ppl and stopped besides my baggage case. I talked to the trainer 'It's so cute ~ can I touch it?' the answer was 'nope. He's on duty ' and the guy gave something the dog to eat and pat his head then talked to me again 'please bring your baggages and line up to that counter.....'

Sent from my LG mobile

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:05 pm 

YepYep wrote:
lol~ [emoji16][emoji16]

The US policeman will shoot, using the powder burner.... No pellet guns ~

I still remember in my case while I lining up, and saw a airport police with a little cute dog walking around the ppl and stopped besides my baggage case. I talked to the trainer 'It's so cute ~ can I touch it?' the answer was 'nope. He's on duty ' and the guy gave something the dog to eat and pat his head then talked to me again 'please bring your baggages and line up to that counter.....'

Sent from my LG mobile

Well it seems my encounter was a lot more pleasant :lol:
I wish more customs officer were like the one I talked to.
I used to go to the US a lot more and I encountered a lot of weird customs agent, especially on the US side.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:56 am 

Yeah,u r right! And you just met a very nice sedom seem good guy!

I still remember some of those weird and nonsense questions the custom officer asked me ... Like one time I went to the States on Monday morning on my shifted day off and re entered Canada in the afternoon. The Canadian officer asked why you don't need to go to work today? And the other time I went to the States with a bag of Sunkis oranges in the trunk and asked by the US officer why you bring this oranges?

A very long time since years ago my last time to US.. Just didn't see a good reason to go across the border...

Sorry about it... Just found I looks hijacked the post ~ lol....

Sent from my LG mobile

~Target~