Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:11 am 

Morning everyone. Just purchased the Chief in .22. This is the second gun that I have received, had to return the first one because it wouldn't take any air. It would blow right through and come out the barrel. This second one will take the air but leaks at the fill adaptor and is empty in 20 minutes ,is it the seals,or does the adaptor have a valve built inside and not repairable . I haven't worked on pcps yet and would like to repair it myself. I know there's not much to them . Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Shaun.

Hw 85 .22
Bengy NP XL1100 ,397,392
RWS 48 .177 , 34 .177
Hasan 125.25, at-44.22 edge.22
Titan np.22
Crosman 1377, 1322, 1377 restricted , Ruger Mark I .22
Webley Premier .22
RWS 5 G.177
Etc....

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:00 am 

Hi Sharrins.

I bought a Qb Chief a few months ago and experienced a slow leak.

After having read this review, I had an idea where it was coming from.

https://www.airgundepot.com/head-to-hea ... ticle.html

Check the overall contruction section for the QB and the guy found a leak at the filling nipple.

Verify with soapy water if it seems to becoming from the same place and if it does, try to screw it in just a bit more. Just use enough tension to stop the leak.

Good luck.

R-Gun Pete

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:45 pm 

R-Gun Pete wrote:
Hi Sharrins.

I bought a Qb Chief a few months ago and experienced a slow leak.

After having read this review, I had an idea where it was coming from.

https://www.airgundepot.com/head-to-hea ... ticle.html

Check the overall contruction section for the QB and the guy found a leak at the filling nipple.

Verify with soapy water if it seems to becoming from the same place and if it does, try to screw it in just a bit more. Just use enough tension to stop the leak.

Good luck.

R-Gun Pete

Thanks R-gun Pete. I tried that and it still leaks . Me thinks it's the seal on the valve stem . It's an easy fix , but I'm sending it back one last time. Hopefully third time's a charm. Lol..

Hw 85 .22
Bengy NP XL1100 ,397,392
RWS 48 .177 , 34 .177
Hasan 125.25, at-44.22 edge.22
Titan np.22
Crosman 1377, 1322, 1377 restricted , Ruger Mark I .22
Webley Premier .22
RWS 5 G.177
Etc....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:57 pm 

Hi guys,

I bought one about 7 months ago having the same slow leak problem. I replaced the quick fill adapter with a m10 x1 high pressure fill valve with bonded seal washer which I bought from www.bestfittings.co.uk. You just tightened it in with the washer and that's it. Since then, the gun was fixed and has never leaked up to now.

Cheers,
Ray