Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:47 pm 

Thanks! Believe it or not, that was the first group I shot that day. Even more mystifying is that it wasn't shot off bags, just some crappy front rest that sits at the range, cobbled together of foam, wood and some sort of canvas, and no back rest. I lent out my bags to my buddy Brian so he could sight in some rifles at the same time. It was quite amusing to see the air rifle outgunning most of the center fire, even without a proper rest!

I do believe that all Streamlines should be that accurate. Remember that the barrels were specifically designed around the 15.9gr JSBs, so you're going to be best off shooting those. I found the 18.1gr heavies basically as accurate, but that may vary from case to case.

That scope will definitely be plenty for the rifle. I too like to be able to reduce the magnification, and I've had no complaints with my 4-16x44 on it. Still so nice and light, it's just a hell of a package.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:10 pm 

PACKAGE Arrived ... Opening this AM ... Will report back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky (extra lucky today) :D

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:37 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Sweeeeeeeet!

I can feel the excitement!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 3:01 pm 

WOW.. If the FX shoots as good as it looks, I'm a Happy Camper!!! Just putting the pump together and deciphering how to get it charged and out the door I go for a test!!!

More later and thank you to all on the awesome forum!!!!!!!!

Lucky!!!!

ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 9:20 pm 

Congratulations!! Looks like a beauty!

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 11:02 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Congratulations!! Looks like a beauty!

Thank you wes!

The rifle is a dandy... Holy Smokes, makes me feel like I'm 12 again!

Took her out to the farm this afternoon and was amazed at the accuracy right off the bat.... Have a look at these 2 groups shot using 2 different weights of JSB's. The top group are the 1st out of the rifle. The lower were the second 5 shots using heavier 18gr JSB's and also moving the scope right and down 6 clicks each. There was quite a crosswind blowing so I imagine I'll need to further tune it.

Took a bunch of 25 yard shots, though and they almost all went through the red bulls eye.

This was shooting a bit awkwardly off my truck tailgate, but one uses what is available sometimes.

Lots more to mention later this evening or tomorrow.

I can tell you however... I do love this FX Streamline .... WOW!

Lucky!!!

** edit *** One thing I want to say is how terrific I have been treated as a new customer by AGS Canada ... I have phoned those gents several times, asking dozens of newby questions and dragged my feet buying this unit.
When I did order last week, the guys mounted my scope and test fired the gun... WOW... I have nothing but praise for this company and the guys who work there! Thank you!

Now... It is a bit of a learning curve trying to get the hang of pumping up the pressure... Firstly I couldn't seem to get any of my wrenches to fit (all a bit wide) but finally found a multi wrench used for oxygen/propane tanks that did the trick, so assembled the FX hand pump , plugged it in and began learning how to fill. I can tell you that it really didn't take long to bring her up to 230 Bar and the gauges on the pump and the gun matched numbers identically. I will need some practice charging however and this evening I have 1 knee telling me i have done something new! (Oh well... I am vintage, so :)

When I arrived at the farm, I set up targets with a nice large dirt mound backstop and thought what the heck..and paced off 50 yards. I thought, well, if I hit the target good, and if not I secured a close spot at 25 yards to move to. Well... Though I did shoot at 25 later, the rifle surprised me by being pretty close at 50 so ran a bunch of pellets at that range including 1/2 dozen freehand shots which grouped at around 3 inches. I'm no olympic shooter but very pleased with the results.

I think these FX rifles are obviously factory tuned as most impressions from buyers are super positive.

Loading the magazine gave me some problems... First thing I did was to fully load ir backwards... Ohh dear, great fun shaking out all the pellets and reinstalling them ... dummy

I noticed if you aren't super careful putting them in that the thin skirts are easily damaged, but even so, most fly quite well....

I have a question that I can't recall the answer... How low does one allow the pressure to go before topping up??? I was shooting at the highest level at first and after around 40 pellets heard a pinging noise so checked the pressure and saw it dropped to 180 , so recharged (very easily this time) to 230 and then did some pest removal on setting 2 which dropped 9 starlings at about 30 yards and one flew off out of a cloud of feathers. I also missed 1/2 doz shots.

I even managed to pop 1 English Sparrow at 30+ ... absolutely amazing performance by my standards anyway... I can see this FX is going to be a real favourite for me...

Next on my list is a decent range finder, as well as the portable air Venturi compressor (which has been orderd)

Cheers to all once again on this terrific forum......

Lucky.... FX Streamline :)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:04 am 

Great results there!

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 7:37 am 

Hi Lucky,

Congratulations on your new FX Streamline! Thanks for the review!

Isn’t she a beauty?! For plinking and up to 50 yard FT, I’ve gotten away with the lowest power setting and easily 100 shots before any major change in accuracy or need for a recharge. Pretty darn quiet at that setting as well. Don’t usually check the pressure level on account of the gauge being at the business end of the rifle (my one and only nit pick). I have yet to set up 100 Yard FT, waiting for completion of some reno’s to the local range for that.

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts regarding the new Aztec scope?

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 11:10 pm 

Avianmanor wrote:
Hi Lucky,

Congratulations on your new FX Streamline! Thanks for the review!

Isn’t she a beauty?! For plinking and up to 50 yard FT, I’ve gotten away with the lowest power setting and easily 100 shots before any major change in accuracy or need for a recharge. Pretty darn quiet at that setting as well. Don’t usually check the pressure level on account of the gauge being at the business end of the rifle (my one and only nit pick). I have yet to set up 100 Yard FT, waiting for completion of some reno’s to the local range for that.

Out of curiosity, what are your thoughts regarding the new Aztec scope?

Cheers!

Avianmanor

I had another outing today with the FX and as much as I loved it yesterday, today even more so. I am getting very familiar with the functions and settings... The balance on this thing is so nice its a real breeze to pick up and slide onto a target.... Today , more starlings bit the dust, a crow and a pigeon ... The FX is truly well suited for farm pest control. I did miss 4 starlings, but there were some real heavy wind gusts (I can't blame myself of course) I have never had a rifle that points and shoots so well.

The Aztec Scope ... Yes, I really like it... very clear, and now that I have it set better for my own vision, its really getting good to use. The reticule markings are nicely laid out but very fine and take some getting use to... I love the centre dot floating between the crosshairs... quite deadly. Today I installed the sunshade which helped to even get more clarity.

Making a decision on this gun was certainly painstaking for me, but I can truly say.. It was the right decision for my purposes! (My pal who bought the TX200 is thinking he might need an FX as well!)

Cheers

Lucky

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2018 2:28 pm 

Nice shooting! It's fantastic to see that we're all having such similar results. Definitely points towards this rifle being a real winner!

Man, I wish I had access to farm land like that. I do have some, but it's quite a trek to get there!

Keep posting results, it's great to hear!

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:17 am 

Finally received some warm and sunny weather this past weekend here on the West Coast -managed to get in a little FT shooting with my favorite two air rifles, the FX Streamline w/ Hawke Air Max and Daystate Huntsman w/ Aztec Emerald 3-18 x50, both in 22 calibre. Here are the results of 10 shot groups on both at 60 yards, medium power setting on the FX, mild crosswind. Overall the Daystate had the edge in terms of accuracy, but not by much. I attribute this to the higher velocity. Put 70 consistent rounds through the FX before recharging, Daystate 40. JSB Exact Diabolo 15.89gr, my pellet of choice, not one flyer. 80% variations in accuracy I attribute not to the rifles or ammo, but to the crosswind / skill of the shooter. All in all, very impressive results from both of these rifles. That classic adage, "you get what you pay for" certainly seems to apply, with the FX Streamline remaining an exceptional value.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

P.S. This forum could really benefit by more member reviews.

Attachments:
File comment: Daystate Huntsman / JSB Exact 15.89gr/60 Yds
IMG_5652.JPG
IMG_5652.JPG [ 42.99 KiB | Viewed 1496 times ]
File comment: FX Streamline / JSB Exact 15.89gr/ 60 Yds
IMG_5653.JPG
IMG_5653.JPG [ 44.46 KiB | Viewed 1496 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 10:34 am 

nice shooting for 60 yards... 8)

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 5:07 pm 

Very nice!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 11:44 pm 

Avianmanor .. Thats some fine shooting right there!!!

Many thanks for showing us how these rifles work .... I did a small 5/5/5 shot test today at 25 yards using all 3 power settings... Quite interesting (will post photo tomorrow)

Keep up the good work

Lucky...

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 12:32 pm 

Seems almost impossible to shoot withoput some crosswind gusts as was the case yesterday when I did this power level test.

My Streamline certainly shoots differently at all 3 levels (as I would have expected) Somewhere I read that another owner posted their results were consistent throughout the 3 levels.

Cheers and happy plinking

Lucky

* on the target set at 1 , my aim point was the far left bullseye * and the others beside my notations