Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 2:32 pm 

Bought a case for the Streamline .. paid $116.00 (free shipping) through Amazon

Its a PLANO tactical 42 inch .. Plenty of room to add accessories :)

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:33 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hey Lucky!

Nice Job on the Foam Cutout!

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 11:20 am 

Avianmanor wrote:
Hey Lucky!

Nice Job on the Foam Cutout!

Hey Avianmanor ... How does your FX Streamline compare to your AA S510?? Is the accuracy close?

I went with the FX because I wasn't big on adding a regulator to a 510 but the 510 looks to have nicer details and finish??

I've ordered a mini compressor for my FX but honestly... I've only pumped my rifle 3 times in 4 or 5 outings and am finding it quite easy! *** Wish I had a spare magazine, however .. Wondeing if thats an item that can be bought from the US and shipped here??? Not sure how long it will be before they are back in stock in Peterborough.

One other accessory I want to purchase is the Barrel Support ... I have bumped the free barrel a couple times and wonder if it might bend or could be damaged??
[url]
http://www.fxairguns.com/2011/09/barrel-support/[/url]

Almost the weekend .. time to plink!

Lucky ...

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 10:08 am 

Hi Lucky,

How does the FX Streamline compare to the Air Arms S510 Xtra Super light? In terms of accuracy, my experience up to 60 yards so far using JSB Exact Diabolo, has the FX consistently coming out on top. Haven't had a chance yet to cycle some different brands of pellets through both for comparison, or take them out to the 100 yard range.

Both of these rifles are very nicely built with great attention to detail. For certain I prefer the multi-shot magazine of the AA, it seems more robust and much easier to load, and, allot less fiddly than the FX. What I don't like is the left hand only loading of the AA magazine ........ forget about using a side focus wheel on this air rifle. Of all the various airguns I own so far, I'd say Daystate has got it mostly right as far as magazines are concerned- theirs is very compact, easy to load, robust, and can be loaded left or right depending on personal preference / scope. Alas, even this magazine design is not perfect ...... one can still accidentally double load and if you lose count of your shots, fire a blank. I have yet to see an air rifle multi shot magazine that has all of these attributes: Solid Construction, Auto Indexing, Easy to Load Pellets, No Plastic Parts or O-Rings, Left or Right Hand Loading, Shot Counter, Mechanisms to Prevent Double Loading Pellets and Firing Blanks, Spare Magazines not costing 1/10th the original cost of the rifle. I suppose this is a tall order, but in a perfect world ........... I'm surprised none of the manufacturers have come up with a simple tubular magazine design - suppose lead pellets are too fragile for said.

Speaking of Scopes, I just ordered my second Aztec Emerald from AGS, this time a 5.5-25x50. The optic quality of my first 3-18x50 was so exceptional, I wanted to try a more powerful version for FT, before AGS is out of stock on them as well. Compared to all my other scopes, the Aztec seems sharper and brighter -not the be-all-and-end-all of scopes for certain, but for $500.00 brand new, and sporting a lifetime warranty, this product represents exceptional value, IMHO. Will post a review once it arrives and I've had a chance to mount it on a rifle .... my Streamline perhaps?

Thinking in advance, I purchased a spare Mag with my Streamline -gotta have at least two for sure. I suspect ordering from the US with the dollar difference and shipping may not prove cost effective. You might just have to wait it out for stock at AGS.

That barrel support for the FX looks like a nice accessory Lucky - perhaps Travis @ AGS could special order you one? Additional barrel support hasn't been an issue for me so far, but I'm only doing FT with my air rifles, so they're being handled quite gently.

Happy shooting Lucky, and welcome to the Streamline Club!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 12:09 pm 

LuckyStrike wrote:

Seems almost impossible to shoot withoput some crosswind gusts as was the case yesterday when I did this power level test.

My Streamline certainly shoots differently at all 3 levels (as I would have expected) Somewhere I read that another owner posted their results were consistent throughout the 3 levels.

Cheers and happy plinking

Lucky

* on the target set at 1 , my aim point was the far left bullseye * and the others beside my notations

That looks almost exactly what I would expect, with gusts pushing the pellets right. With the pellets moving slower, they would move further right. Had there been no wind, I would expect that they would all line up nicely along a single axis.

That was what I had found with mine. When I drop from full power to HFT power, my 40 yard zero just turns into a 20 yard zero. No change along the horizontal axis.

FX Streamline .22 - Optisan Mamba Lite 4-16X44
Hammerli Pneuma Elite 10 .22 - Bushnell Elite 4200 4-12X40
Custom Crosman 2240 w/ LW barrel - Vortex Strikefire
Remington AirMaster 77 PAL rated - CenterPoint 3-9X40

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:53 am 

G'day all!

Got around to a little 45 yd FT this past weekend with the FX Streamline .22 and a shiny new Aztec Emerald 5.5-25x50mm Scope mounted on top with a pair of Sports Match High Rings. This is my second Aztec Scope, purchased from AGS Canada, the first being a 3-18x50mm.

Results of an afternoon shoot were quite rewarding; after sighting in three or four shots on a standard "Shoot 'n' See" 3" target, I resorted to using the black 1/4" cover stickers as main targets in an effort to create at least some form of a challenge ......... this scope and rifle combination is really that good! I was also using 14g JSB's on the lowest power setting of the FX.

Just like the 3-18, the Aztec 5.5-25 was extremely clear and bright, adjustments smooth and precise. At maximum magnification the field of view is reduced and eye relief becomes tighter, but no more so than my Hawke Sidewinder at the same power setting. Brightness and clarity also both suffer a little on the highest magnification, but this is to be expected. At standard settings like 12-18X, the opical quality is absolutely stunning! The difference between the Hawke and Aztec is quite significant, with the Aztec offering a much clearer view, greater brightness and a large accessory focus wheel ........ and for less money I might add. Granted, you do not get a fancy Hard Case, just a well padded soft foam box -personally, I'd rather invest my hard earned $$$ into the scope. I have a mind to sell off my Hawke and purchase another Aztec, but this review certainly won't support that cause!

The reticle on the Aztec is very fine and non-illuminated;all the money has gone into the optics, and it shows. I'd wager this scope is best suited for FT due to the fine reticle, but could certainly perform dual duty given the fact at lower power settings the Aztec can be focused down to 10 yds.

The Sports Match High rings did a fine job of mounting the scope and having it clear the FX magazine, however, I'd prefer to have the scope mounted a little more forward for my shooting style/comfort, so I'm going to give it a go with some kind of medium reach forward mount, which should move the lowest part of the scope (already very low profile) forward enough to clear the magazine and allow the use of a slightly lower mount. Haven't tried this yet to ensure the Aztec will clear mag and barrel -will report back once I have.

Overall I'm very very pleased with this product line -superb value IMHO. Looking forward to seeing additional models from this manufacturer in the future -can just imagine the field of vision and brightness of this scope with a larger objective.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:43 pm 

Hey AvianManor!

Another great review, sir!

Oddly I was thinking about this one myself ... And I noticed that during the course of my outings to rid some local places of pests that my Emerald scope has not moved from 9 power (I forget it is a variable) oops
However it is as you say crystal clear optically at most ranges ... What one has to do of course is adjust the side (focus) wheel at various distances. Its pretty good for me from 10meters to 50 M . where most of my shooting occurs.

I checked AGS Canada this AM and guess what ... All their higher end scopes are Out of Stock! sheesh

Good Reviews = Sales!

Have a great Holiday weekend (whats left of it) and thanks again for your excellent product review

Lucky

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:31 am 

Was out on the weekend doing a little FT with my various PCPs and noticed something strange with the trigger on my FX Streamline. The first stage pulls back as usual to the second, but if for some reason I chose not to complete the shot, upon releasing the trigger it does not return to its original position, but stays instead right on the cusp of second stage release ......... feels like a dangerous situation to allow the Streamline to remain in that state, even with the safety on, so I just de-cocked the rifle to be sure.

Any other members / FX Owners experiencing this phenomenon or is it possibly a rifle specific defect?

Cheers,

Avianmanor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:41 am 

Dirt or dust issue?? Sounds to me like some particle is making the trigger bind.

I have yet to empty my 1st can of pellets on my Streamline, but never had an issue... (knock on wood) Starlings have been dropping like flies on every outing!

That said, my pal from Victoria who decided to trade his brand new AA springer in on a Streamline (after seeing my FX) had to send his back to the dealer because it leaked air... They said the pressure gauge was faulty.

Lots of small things I suppose that could go wrong with these hi-tek airguns.

Cheers

Lucky...