Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:34 pm 

Anyone own the movable target pellet trap at Princess Auto for $99. I went to buy it but did not come home with one as it takes six batteries. If you own one what you thing of it? Worth $99. or you get sick of it quickly? CHEERS!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:54 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
Anyone own the movable target pellet trap at Princess Auto for $99. I went to buy it but did not come home with one as it takes six batteries. If you own one what you thing of it? Worth $99. or you get sick of it quickly? CHEERS!

I cant see it lasting and only be good for sub 500 FPS.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:43 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:

I cant see it lasting and only be good for sub 500 FPS.

That's my thinking also about not lasting. But I can live with only sub 500. That's mostly all I shoot in the house anyways. I am not a big speed guy in any weapon I shoot. LOL

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:33 pm 

Hey wheeliehd. I have a black rectangle box target with moving targets. Had it for about a year. Only used sub 500 airguns on it. Its been pretty durable but likes batteries. However because it takes so many batteries, i just use cheap batteries. It is fun to shoot but I would want to have other targets to shoot at . It does get old if thats the only targets you have to shoot at. I find there nockdown targets more entertaining. .... 10ring

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:37 am 

10ring wrote:
Hey wheeliehd. I have a black rectangle box target with moving targets. Had it for about a year. Only used sub 500 airguns on it. Its been pretty durable but likes batteries. However because it takes so many batteries, i just use cheap batteries. It is fun to shoot but I would want to have other targets to shoot at . It does get old if thats the only targets you have to shoot at. I find there nockdown targets more entertaining. .... 10ring

Good to know. Thank you for that. Yes I love my knock down ducks. I have tons of indoor targets. I have an old record player and thinking of something to put on it to shoot as it turns strait towards me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 8:56 am 

Easy enough to rig a DC power source. Just total the battery volt output and match the amperage. I'm sure everyone have suitable spare dc power supplies lying around and if you don't I can probably send you one.

Knockdown targets are rather satisfying. Princess auto have a few on sale many times during the year for under $15.00.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:05 am 

wheeliehd wrote:
10ring wrote:

Good to know. Thank you for that. Yes I love my knock down ducks. I have tons of indoor targets. I have an old record player and thinking of something to put on it to shoot as it turns strait towards me.

hey w. I was thinking about using an old record player at one time too . and also rigging targets up some how to one of those cheap battery operated train sets . haven,t got around to it yet. but if you do first post some pics and let us know. oh I was going to try pendulum targets too . theres a you tube video on pendulum one. good luck. p.s those targets go on for half price sometimes at princess auto.. I have the duck one and find it pretty good.