Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:41 am 

I thought that we had agreed that they were a valuable tool for looking up prices for future Sellers and Buyers alike...

I see that many many For Sale posts are being deleted at the request of the Sellers - but why??

What purpose does it serve to delete these posts - when it would serve a purpose for all of the members here to have them perserved...

:? :? :?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:28 am 
Supporting Members

I agree. I use them when i am buying or selling so i know what price is good.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:21 am 

Price can vary a whole lot depending on
- Time of the year when the add is placed.
- How motivated the seller is.
- Condition of the gun.
- Often the price listed is quite different from what the seller ended selling it for.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:37 am 

wllm995 wrote:
I thought that we had agreed that they were a valuable tool for looking up prices for future Sellers and Buyers alike...

I see that many many For Sale posts are being deleted at the request of the Sellers - but why??

What purpose does it serve to delete these posts - when it would serve a purpose for all of the members here to have them perserved...

Because some sites only allow X amount of posts per user. So if they have more than allowed, they cannot post any more.

Plus is normal for a sale ad to be deleted after item is sold. Kijiji, buy/sell groups etc

It just a waste of bandwidth and space. Clutters up the FS section, by leaving sold items. Some won't allow you to edit sold, so you think they are still for sale. What they should do is make a SOLD section, to put items that are sold. If you really want to keep it.

CAF Buy/Sell section needs a revamp. Its too cluttered with stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:31 am 

And while I haven't sold anything on this forum, I often do on others.
One thing that bugs me is when someone insist that I sell him my item for the same price someone sold their's... 2 years ago :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:52 pm 

I like to have mine removed. No ones business what I sell/buy and then thiefs can know I likely have something new in my house. I pm in private and get irritated when people put "Sold to wheelie". My business what I do and not a history of what I buy/sell. If I buy something at an unbelievable price when I sell it they will get an unbelievable price also and I usually take a loss on top of that. I don't sell things used to make a profit. Lots do but that is not me. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:44 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
wllm995 wrote:

Because some sites only allow X amount of posts per user. So if they have more than allowed, they cannot post any more.

Plus is normal for a sale ad to be deleted after item is sold. Kijiji, buy/sell groups etc

It just a waste of bandwidth and space. Clutters up the FS section, by leaving sold items. Some won't allow you to edit sold, so you think they are still for sale. What they should do is make a SOLD section, to put items that are sold. If you really want to keep it.

I didn't know some sites had limits. Here's my data sheet from nitroexpress.com forum. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, .577 member, with 17342 posts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:59 pm 

Daryl wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
wllm995 wrote:

I didn't know some sites had limits. Here's my data sheet from nitroexpress.com forum. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, .577 member, with 17342 posts

Limits as in, number of ads you are allowed in the buy/sell.

Yeah sites like CGN ( Canadian Gun Nutz ) have a limit of ads you are allowed to post in the sale section. If you don't select please delete on a drop down menu, to items that you sold. You will not be allowed to post any more till you do so.

And I believe sites like GOC ( Gun owner of Canada ) as well, since I'm sure they use the same forum setup.

But I think the forsale section here is cluttered.

wheeliehd wrote:
I like to have mine removed. No ones business what I sell/buy and then thiefs can know I likely have something new in my house. I pm in private and get irritated when people put "Sold to wheelie". My business what I do and not a history of what I buy/sell. If I buy something at an unbelievable price when I sell it they will get an unbelievable price also and I usually take a loss on top of that. I don't sell things used to make a profit. Lots do but that is not me. CHEERS!

Its highly unlikely someone would know where you live and who you actually are, by a username.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:02 pm 

wllm995 wrote:

I don't remove many maybe 5 in a year when the seller asks or some one flags a post ...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:09 pm 

Not hard to find when I have a Gas Company in my own nickname. Complete with phone number on my website and live in a small town. So glad you are ..... never mind! Some of us don't hide. CHEERS! LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:15 pm 

I counted at least SEVEN "Please Remove"s in the last 3 pages of For Sale (not counting those that have been edited by the Seller to remove ALL relevant details)... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:25 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
Not hard to find when I have a Gas Company in my own nickname. Complete with phone number on my website and live in a small town. So glad you are ..... never mind! Some of us don't hide. CHEERS! LOL.

OMG jimmy bought a airgun.... Rolls eyes. I live in a small town and I'm always looking for shipping boxes for guns, Doesn't bother me.

wllm995 wrote:
I counted at least SEVEN "Please Remove"s in the last 3 pages of For Sale (not counting those that have been edited by the Seller to remove ALL relevant details)... :roll:

its common courtesy to let people know a item is sold. Because you know how some people don't read post dates and will reply to year old threads. So you get people replying to your ad, than get pissy because its sold.

So you rather have a clutter buy section, that many don't know what still for sale or not. Because you don't want ads deleted? Why not move them to a sub thread. Or delete 6 month old threads. Or is it work mods don't want to do?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:30 pm 

leadslinger wrote:

Why not move them to a sub thread.

Sounds like a good idea to me... :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:17 pm 

Com' on, guys.

Issue too small.
Noise too loud.

1. Really? do you need old posts to determine the value of a current gun you want to sell?
2. Do you really think mods are jumping to delete threads the moment they see "please remove"?

Just not worth a 50-post thread. That's bandwidth abuse!

$0.00

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:01 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Com' on, guys.

Issue too small.
Noise too loud.

1. Really? do you need old posts to determine the value of a current gun you want to sell?
2. Do you really think mods are jumping to delete threads the moment they see "please remove"?

Just not worth a 50-post thread. That's bandwidth abuse!

$0.00

16 pages going back a year? Is that even needed? OR a much cleaner up to date, few page section be better? And archive anything older than 2 months. Because sites Im on has sections for guns, accessories, scope, gear. Here its just one big section.

Maybe its time to get more mods? Growing site going to need more mods to control.