Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Yong Heng Pump
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:39 pm 

Very good deal!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:52 pm 

I also ordered one and got the refund in about 10 mins. Thanks Dave for setting this up.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:13 pm 

Just ordered one, Credit Card giving me grief something about new postal code.

Called Richard, extremely pleasant and helpful.

Mid May delivery sounds good just in time to ramp up shooting season. :supz:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:13 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
I've spoken with Richard as well, really nice guy!

Thinking about investing in one of these Alpha Filters http://www.airtanksforsale.com/AlphaFilter/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBd9VF2OoxI oil/moisture filters to go with the Yong Heng -a little pricey but appears to be the best unit on the market and custom built for your specific compressor. Since I'll be filling an 74 cubic foot tank, I'm wanting to ensure moisture build up and corrosion won't be an issue for tanks or rifles. I understand the Diablo Dry Air System has a number of problems including internal corrosion, so I'm more inclined to spend the extra $$ and get something that's designed properly to maximize life/performance.

Are there any members out there with personal experience using the Alpha Filter?

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:46 pm 

I have no knowledge of the Alpha Filter except they are very expensive $500 cdn range just for the unit.
I have read some reports on the XIN YONG SHI oil water separator ($68us funds.)
Where owners have added their own charcoal and Zeolite Beads.
There is a fairly extensive thread found over on GTA on this. Members have also added their own inline moisture traps as seen in the photo.

If Richard from Paintball Gear finds this Compressor ordering feasible (only 4 out of 20 left from original order ) and does another order right away I was going to suggest ordering up a few Xin Yong Shi separator too.
Would members be interested in the Xin Yong Shi separators as well??

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:52 pm 

How bout this one? Air Compressors filter cartridge Maintenance-free Air filter high pressure air pump 30Mpa external oil and water separator
http://s.aliexpress.com/Jj6rEfA3?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard
If you ordered a bunch like you say and cut shipping costs way down that'd be nice and cheap!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:13 pm 

Oh my!

Where can I get one of those padded tank carriers? Now that's special!

Yes, for certain the Alpha Filter is mighty expensive by the time you calculate in currency exchange, shipping and taxes coming across the border, but you know what? After watching the video link I provided previously, and further research through various forums and user reports, I'm convinced it's worth the money in terms of performance, long term reliability and safety. Just got off the phone with Joe and have ordered one in - will report back once it's arrived.

The problem with the Diablo Dry Air and all the cheap knock offs is threefold, corrosion due to direct contact between moist media and cylinder walls, no easy way to bleed off accumulated water that has condensed inside the filter and, poor performance due to lack of proper pressurization. If you are using one of these cheaper filters between a hand pump / tank and your rifle, where there is no pressure in front of the filter, it's virtually useless. Add these drawbacks to known vessel failures @ 4500 psi and exploding aluminum bits flying all over the place and, I think I'll just pony up for the quality unit. This filter will be equally useful on a higher end compressor I'll most likely move up to in the future.

I have allot of money invested in PCP rifles and high pressure tanks - wish to keep them all in the best possible condition long term, which means eliminating water and contaminants completely from the equation. Since I've purchased a low end compressor to start with, investing in a high quality filter seems a prudent decision.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:45 pm 

Agreed !
If I was trying to fill a SCBA or SCUBA or any other large capacity tank with a HPA compressor. I would be investing in a quality inline filter too.
But for now it's just a couple 13ci bottles.
Kinda on a budget as far as this hobby goes. Can't afford a filter that's cost more than the PCP I'm filling.
Too many other hobbies that pull on my wallet...I guess that's why I have an entry level Gauntlet and not a FX Crown... Image
For now I don't mind hunting for some bulk charcoal and Zeolite Beads and a few fitting to make a drain on a $75 filter.
Heck half the fun is getting parcels in the mail...LOL

Oh and the pic above is from a member on the GTA forum...yes that would be a great little rig to own !
Post up some pics and info on the Alpha. Looks like a good filter!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:01 am 

[quote="HuskyDude"]I have no knowledge of the Alpha Filter except they are very expensive $500 cdn range just for the unit.
I have read some reports on the XIN YONG SHI oil water separator ($68us funds.)
Where owners have added their own charcoal and Zeolite Beads.
There is a fairly extensive thread found over on GTA on this. Members have also added their own inline moisture traps as seen in the photo.

If Richard from Paintball Gear finds this Compressor ordering feasible (only 4 out of 20 left from original order ) and does another order right away I was going to suggest ordering up a few Xin Yong Shi separator too.
Would members be interested in the Xin Yong Shi separators as well??

I might be interested, depending on the final price. Did he sell all the compressors?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:04 pm 

Haven't talk to Richard yet. It still says 4 left on the PaintBall Gear.ca site.
With our compressors coming in May I broke down and ordered a single filter unit to try out first.
This is the one I ordered. Should be here about the same time as the compressors.

4500PSI pcp Air Compressor filter oil/water Separator

My first thoughts were to get the XIN YONG SHI filter for $68us + $15.79 shipping. I wanted to get some extra filter media from them too for
$5 but shipping was the same $15.79 us. I wrote them and ask if they would ship both for $15.79us and did not get a reply.
So I went with the above filter for $70us (free shipping) and ordered extra filter media for $15us (free shipping)
Same deal...saved $20us.
I also ordered 2 LBS Reusable Silicagel Desiccant Beads.
If it turns out to be a good filter unit I'll tell Richard about it and see what he can do.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:49 pm 

Some information which may be useful in choosing media for your DIY filter:

/http://www.airtanksforsale.com/AlphaFilter

Cheers!

Avianmanor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:28 am 

Thx for the link. Good info. Image
Did you get a ETA on your Alfa Filter yet?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:10 pm 

Just talked to Richard from Paintball Gear. He said there are a few units not spoken for.
So if there is anyone still sitting on the fence...Only 3 days left on the pre-order for these Compressors !
Really won't have to pay till next month when they arrive but to save around $200 per unit..(listed price, $30 for shipping + gst)...should order by Monday.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:40 am 

ok all done. Going to his site is brutal. A well designed site that creates a nearly irresistible urge to buy some pb stuff. Must resist. I need new range gear.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:48 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
ok all done. Going to his site is brutal. A well designed site that creates a nearly irresistible urge to buy some pb stuff. Must resist. I need new range gear.

Heh, Heh. Resistance, of course, is _ _ T _ _ E ! :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next