Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:27 pm 

Servus!

Many of you have noticed that it is getting harder and harder to upload your content, especially videos, securely and centrally somewhere. YouTube currently deletes weapon videos or even whole channels. Where to put all the information, pictures and great weapon videos? It takes me 3 years (!) of almost daily hours of work!

I have now decided to make my Patreon page, which I created a year ago, my number 1 content page.
Of course every blog-text, picture-text in english and every video with english subtitle!

Patreon offers me the possibility to publish videos, pictures and reports free of charge and without advertising for you.
I can set links, post texts, pictures and videos there.
I will see the site as my own kind of homepage, in which I only include the highest quality content I produce.
Only my best old videos will make it to my Patreon page. This means videos with a positive rating of at least 95%.
I will give you an insight behind the scenes of the videos and keep you informed about training and competition preparations.

Of course I am still looking for a hosting site for my complete video archive. There are now more than 150 videos. Which hosting site will prevail in the end, on which my videos are also safe, will not be important for you. Maybe I will split my videos on several pages.
With my Patreon page you will have a central page for the most important reports, pictures and videos!

Of course I (!) will not delete my YouTube channel, my Facebook page, my blog or my Instagram profile. On the contrary. Especially Facebook and Instagram will exist in addition to Patreon. I will host the new videos somewhere, you can always find the link on Patreon. Especially now that the future of the weapon channels on YouTube is uncertain, I think it is important that you find the current and old videos and reports clearly arranged and chronologically correct, unlike on Facebook, for example.

During the 4 days of IWA 2018 alone, I answered more than 350 comments, questions and posts in various channels (Facebook, Instagram, various forums, YouTube, Facebook page, blog). I will always try to answer every question.
In the future I will prioritize them. Of course I would prefer to have them centrally and not in so many different channels. I am also aware that this is, of course, unrealistic. I will answer comments and messages on Patreon first. Perhaps this can then be centralised in the course of time. I don't want to lose track of things or overlook them.
I think everyone who really likes what I do will follow me there and hopefully support me with the central communication.

So save the link to my Patreon page in your browser and check back every few days! (www.patreon.com/airghandi)
Patreons have the small advantage and get an automatic notification from the system when there is new content from me.

The great thing about Patreon is: There is no advertising!!!
Of course it would be a lie if I said that I would not be happy about support!
If you don't want to or can't, you can still access the complete content without advertising! And it stays that way!

For Patreons who support me, there will be competitions and raffles at regular intervals!
Patreon is also available as an iOS or Android app for your pocket!

So and here is the link to the mentioned page:

https://www.patreon.com/AirGhandi

Thank you for reading and look forward to having you as loyal viewers!

Servus!
Yours Andi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:44 am 

Today I have a short excerpt of my videos from the IWA:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/17739235

Have fun, and don't forget to save the link to the Patreon page as a favorite in your browser.

Have a nice weekend!
Andi