Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 pm
Posts: 6
Hey everyone, long time lurker(4yrs), finally became a member of airgunforum. Not sure if I'm posting this type of question at the right place
Does anyone know of a store/dealer that is selling the Artemis/SPA p15 in Canada?

Stores I've already tried
krale-schietsport from Netherlands - cheapest option but didn't have a contract with UPS to ship to Canada
Mrod air from US - don't have any in stock. Airgun exporter would have to ship it for just shy of $100 cad.
scopes and ammo from Canada - had a bad experience with SPA, so had no future plans to deal any more of their guns


Attachments:
IMG_0969.PNG
IMG_0969.PNG [ 175.54 KiB | Viewed 898 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:52 am
Posts: 2407
Location: Caronport, Saskatchewan
I'm not up on the bullpup rules but I think the basic rule is no bullpup in Canada, so I doubt it would be allowed in, unfortunately.


Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:02 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 pm
Posts: 6
My apologies, I just realized this is in the "Introduce Yourself" board. Maybe someone with the authority to move this topic to where it belongs would be great or even delete it, if they wish. If not then, Hi, I'm from Alberta

Thanks for your reply wesb. To my understanding there are still certain bullpup firearms available like the tavor and the norinco t97. I think the t97 is even classified as unrestricted. The bullpup rules might be different for air rifles

I just received an email back from SPA in china and was told that they didn't currently have a retailer in Canada but I could order in bulk numbers. They don't do individual sales since they're a factory


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:34 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2495
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Pestculling wrote:
My apologies, I just realized this is in the "Introduce Yourself" board. Maybe someone with the authority to move this topic to where it belongs would be great or even delete it, if they wish. If not then, Hi, I'm from Alberta

Thanks for your reply wesb. To my understanding there are still certain bullpup firearms available like the tavor and the norinco t97. I think the t97 is even classified as unrestricted. The bullpup rules might be different for air rifles

I just received an email back from SPA in china and was told that they didn't currently have a retailer in Canada but I could order in bulk numbers. They don't do individual sales since they're a factory


Bullpup rifles minus the Styer Aug are allowed. Because most bullpup rifles the action is built into the stock. So if you remove the cover, the gun wont fire. Bullpup stocks are prohib. Most bullpup airguns only have a linkage from the trigger to the action. And can be fired if removed from the stock. Thus prohib stock, And not allowed.

So fat chance getting the SPA legally in Canada.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 pm
Posts: 6
Thanks leadslinger for your insight
Canadas gun laws never cease to amaze me, they have left me shaking my head many a time. Then it kinda makes sense why the fx impact is available in Canada. Maybe one day I'll find an affordable used fx impact or someone will appeal some of our crazy gun laws to make affordable bullpups legal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2495
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Pestculling wrote:
Thanks leadslinger for your insight
Canadas gun laws never cease to amaze me, they have left me shaking my head many a time. Then it kinda makes sense why the fx impact is available in Canada. Maybe one day I'll find an affordable used fx impact or someone will appeal some of our crazy gun laws to make affordable bullpups legal


Well like I said most airguns have bull pup stocks, they can be fired w/o... And remember over 500 FPS they are classified as firearms. So there is no excuse because its just a airgun. They see it as making a gun more concealed. Bull pup stocks been illegal for 20+ years.

Good luck having government approve bull pup stocks. Consider a new bill is coming out with more gun laws. And prohib more guns, and giving the RCMP the power to re classify anything they want. So will be MORE gun bans. RCMP wants ALL guns gone..

Its like why there is a Kaliber Kricket without a stock? Because it was deemed a prohib bullpup stock rifle.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:41 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 pm
Posts: 6
I think this is the one you're talking about, not sure if this link will work https://www.airgunsource.ca/en/kalibrgu ... stock.html

I had no idea why it was 495fps and stripped down like that but now that you've opened my eyes on the bullpup law, it makes sense. Makes me almost laugh at our laws. What I don't get is with the cricket, can I build my own stock for it and legally use it?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2495
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Pestculling wrote:
I think this is the one you're talking about, not sure if this link will work https://www.airgunsource.ca/en/kalibrgu ... stock.html

I had no idea why it was 495fps and stripped down like that but now that you've opened my eyes on the bullpup law, it makes sense. Makes me almost laugh at our laws. What I don't get is with the cricket, can I build my own stock for it and legally use it?


They might have detuned it thinking it would be able to keep the bull pup stocks. Like the QB58s. But on paper it says its full power so might have stuck with that and they said no. Or see it and was like that a bull pup stock, removed it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 pm
Posts: 6
Ya you're probably right, now they're stuck with 3/4 of a gun because we have such clouded gun laws
Sorry to keep asking you all these questions leadslinger but if I could get a bullpup tuned under 500fps by a supplier on the outside of our border, would it be legal in Canada?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4044
Pestculling wrote:
Ya you're probably right, now they're stuck with 3/4 of a gun because we have such clouded gun laws
Sorry to keep asking you all these questions leadslinger but if I could get a bullpup tuned under 500fps by a supplier on the outside of our border, would it be legal in Canada?

if it still can function with the stock removed then NO,
its not about FPS....if you feel its worth prison time go for it... :roll:
they will remain illegal the reason the t97 and the tavor are OK is that the stock is integral to the firearm. Aftermarket stocks to convert a rifle to a bullpup configuration are prohibit and barring a complete redo of the FA will remain so. Don't bother looking for logic or sensibility in the Firearms Act because it doesn't exist.

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Last edited by Ace on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2495
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Pestculling wrote:
Ya you're probably right, now they're stuck with 3/4 of a gun because we have such clouded gun laws
Sorry to keep asking you all these questions leadslinger but if I could get a bullpup tuned under 500fps by a supplier on the outside of our border, would it be legal in Canada?


No..

Only bullpup rifles Ive seen in Canada. Are some chinese side lever. But they came from the factory sub 500 fps.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:18 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:57 pm
Posts: 6
Maybe I just need to stop chasing the affordable bullpup dream.
Thanks for taking the time answer guys


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2495
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Pestculling wrote:
Maybe I just need to stop chasing the affordable bullpup dream.
Thanks for taking the time answer guys


And the SPA also has a shrouded barrel, so the baffles would need to be removed from the factory and documented that they are.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:11 pm
Posts: 13
I see that this store in Ottawa has these available on their site.
https://www.oshoot.ca/en/air-rifles/804 ... stock.html
Could it be a misprint?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2495
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
john b wrote:
I see that this store in Ottawa has these available on their site.
https://www.oshoot.ca/en/air-rifles/804 ... stock.html
Could it be a misprint?


They list a lot of airguns not available here. They are like a catalog store.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO