Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:34 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Avianmanor wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
So I have a dilemma. I want to treat myself to a quality'ish air rifle. Thanks, But a Mrod starts at over 700$. Also not interested in tweeking these guns. Just fill and shoot.

Both rifles you're considering leadslinger are at the lower end of the PCP scale, so I wouldn't expect the "quality'ish" performance of more refined models. Owning both the Cometa and the Mrod, for $150.00 more you getting allot more of a PCP rifle in terms of ease of use and resale value with the Marauder, just saying. No one says you can't just fill and shoot the Marauder. You asked for opinions and that's what members are kindly providing. Ultimately, the decision is yours to make kind sir.

Cheers!

Well they're not Maximus, Beeman, Bam 50s. Which I would consider the low end PCP.

I used to own a marauder in 25 cal. Returned it after shooting my 2nd magazine . It got stuck and returned it with mags and all... The Kral mega have a much better mag than the Mrod. power is adjustable too.. Between the Kral and the Mrod 25?? I will go for the Kral. My take and experience of course. The gauntlet is another affordable rifle making waves btw but that is another story. :-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:23 pm 

From your other post sounds like you chose the Kral. Congrats! Will be great to hear how it performs and how you like it.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:25 am 

wesb2007 wrote:
From your other post sounds like you chose the Kral. Congrats! Will be great to hear how it performs and how you like it.

Thanks, Ill be ordering it in the next week or two.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:43 am 

I’ve been waiting for Sniper to get Kral stuff in the forum store. Their rifles look really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:17 pm 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
A good review on the Puncher Mega to be found here: https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/kral-puncher-mega-pcp-air-rifle-22-caliber-test-review/

Looks like a pretty decent entry level PCP scored at 84%. FYI, Marauder scores at 89% by same reviewer. Unfortunately no review available yet by these guys on the Cometa Orion.

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:44 pm 

Avianmanor wrote:
A good review on the Puncher Mega to be found here: https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/kral-puncher-mega-pcp-air-rifle-22-caliber-test-review/

Looks like a pretty decent entry level PCP scored at 84%. FYI, Marauder scores at 89% by same reviewer. Unfortunately no review available yet by these guys on the Cometa Orion.

Avianmanor

Lol low end. I hope its much better than a beeman chief or a hipac unit. Most people Ive talk to, hates the mrod.

757$ is really cheap *rolls eyes* but ill enjoy it. Sold 4 guns to buy this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:02 pm 

You're welcome.

If this is your first PCP, you're going to love it!

Avianmanor

*Air Arms S510 Extra*Artemis M11 MK II*CZ 200S*Benjamin Marauder*Brocock Concept*Cometa Orion*Daystate Huntsman*Daystate Revere*FX Dreamline*FX Streamline*Hatsan BT65*Kral Puncher*Reximex RPA*QB78D*Weihrauch HW100S*Artemis PP700SA*PP750*Snowpeak CP1-M*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:53 pm 

I see Oshoot.ca has it quite a bit cheaper than that but the .22 is out of stock.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:02 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
I see Oshoot.ca has it quite a bit cheaper than that but the .22 is out of stock.

I got it thru CSS, Gun was 609$, 15% tax, (91$) and insurance/over sized ( 22$ ish ) But had free shipping. Plus I needed valve screws for another project. And a BSPP fitting for the probe.

The one i wanted only came in 177 or 25 cal, blued walnut came in 22. 177 is fine for me, plinking in the back yard and hitting spinners.

Avianmanor wrote:
You're welcome.

If this is your first PCP, you're going to love it!

Avianmanor

Sorry not my first PCP. I had a Hipac 2260, Benjamin Maximus, 2260 bottled, and now working on a 2240 rear tank. Low end ones.

More I owned, less I shot. Figured I get a quality one if I only needed one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:07 pm 

Did some trigger adjustments in my Mega Marine 25 cal. Lighten it to where I like it and lubed all contact points to take off the "raspiness" when side cocking. This feels almost similar to my AArms s410, but a teeny bit heavier.

Headed down to my basement range of 15m, shot about 4 mags including sighting shots. Gauge read about 152 bars (from 200 ) after. Oh, pellets were on top of each other if I do my part but mostly about .25 inch.

Happy with this purchase and again, Kral mega marine shows lots of promises specially if it could be tuned further.. Will shoot at further distances and do some Chrony readouts as well, hopefully in the coming weeks. ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:31 pm 

Sorry to open an old post but now I am also torn between the .25 marauder and the cometa. Looking at the cometa because its a few coins cheaper but the marauder seems to be more practical for parts and stuff. Does anybody have pluses and minuses they can share?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:00 pm 

Kral has no service in Canada . If you need parts . You will not get them from where you purchased it .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:20 am 

swets wrote:
Sorry to open an old post but now I am also torn between the .25 marauder and the cometa. Looking at the cometa because its a few coins cheaper but the marauder seems to be more practical for parts and stuff. Does anybody have pluses and minuses they can share?

I did contact D&L and they do stock some parts for the Cometa. And spare mag is like 60$

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:28 pm 

swets wrote:

As mentioned earlier in this post, I own both of these rifles -I love the looks and feel of the Cometa, and therefore continue to keep it in my collection, however, it almost never gets used because it's so darn hard to draw the bolt and cock it -useless for bench rest FT. Do yourself a favor and pony up the extra $$ for the M-Rod, it's far more versatile and user friendly by far. With an External Huma-Air regulator tethered to a Ninja Tank, I consistently obtain dime sized groups at 40 yards. Huma also sells internal regulators which would get you more shots and greater accuracy on board.

My two cents worth rounded up to a nickel.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:11 pm 

Avianmanor wrote:
swets wrote:

As mentioned earlier in this post, I own both of these rifles -I love the looks and feel of the Cometa, and therefore continue to keep it in my collection, however, it almost never gets used because it's so darn hard to draw the bolt and cock it -useless for bench rest FT. Do yourself a favor and pony up the extra $$ for the M-Rod, it's far more versatile and user friendly by far. With an External Huma-Air regulator tethered to a Ninja Tank, I consistently obtain dime sized groups at 40 yards. Huma also sells internal regulators which would get you more shots and greater accuracy on board.

My two cents worth rounded up to a nickel.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Actually, $.02 is rounded down, which is why my comments are always have a stated value of $0.00. :mrgreen: (no responses required) :lol: