Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:29 am 

i just received a Benjamin Maximus and am looking at BNM breeches with magazines
couple of questions
1) has anyone had experience with this company
2)they have a shroud available and is this legal in Canada ( i have my doubts)
3) as i am new to this PCP type gun is a rear bolt better than a side bolt or is it a personal preferece

any advice would be helpful.
thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:54 am 

Well I didn't have the BNM but I did put a GMAC custom multi shot 2240 breech on my Maximus. Was around 230 CAD with a barrel band. The shroud would be legal if has no baffles in it, you would have to make sure that you tell them not to put the baffles in it. Being it would just be a hollow outer tube.

As for side cocking vs bolt.. It's a preference. I just got a Kral side cocking rifle and I love it. Seems faster and easier to cock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:19 pm 

I have 2 of the bnm breeches and I really like them. One problem I found is when you are shooting upwards and you cock the gun it sometimes jams. I fixed the problem by making a new cover plate for the magazine with a smaller hole. Both of mine are rear bolt .22 cal

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:02 pm 

I bought a BNM breech kit with the shroud. They just take out the baffles and you're good to go. They are pricey but very well made. The shipping was pretty good as well once it was dispatched.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:53 pm 

Bought a BNM multi breach last spring, left handed in .22 and have to use it as a single shot only because out of a full magazine, it only fire 1-2 shots properly. The rest just constantly jam! I've emailed BNM a few times about the problem and to this day, You guessed it...NO RESPONSE. The quality looks good, but obviously there's a problem. After spending a couple hundred dollars, you would think they could at least respond. I finally gave up with BNM and would certainly never recommend them to anyone because of the totally crappy customer service. On the other hand, I was in England last summer and popped in to GMAC's shop, which is not really an open door type of business, they are an online family business. My son and I were graciously welcomed and given a complete tour of his operation, even through his parts room. We were introduced to an employee and made to feel like old friends. Now, that's a company I will recommend!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:49 pm 

I think your problem is the magazine spring itself not the breech, try to reduce or increase the tension in you magazine if it will help or try a different brand of pellet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:28 pm 

I will try the tension again. I've tried many different pellets and they all do the same thing. :(

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:26 am 

Goodluck finding a bnm breech...their site is up but everything is sold out.... Been trying to get a breech since last year....