Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:39 pm 

Does anyone here have any experience with these rimfire rifles? What's your opinion?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:43 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

I find the stock of the Henry to be a bit bulky. The grip is pretty big as it needs to hold the barrel when stored in the stock, likely not good for smaller hands. It is a fun gun to shoot, it's compact size makes it easy to throw in a backpack. I haven't done much target shooting with mine, mostly plinking, so can't comment on accuracy. There was a good thread on CGN about them recently, likely lots of info there.
The best thing I can say about it is that it is a Henry. I dropped mine a few years ago and cracked the stock. I called them recently and they sent me a new stock for free, only question they asked was what colour. Henry has the best customer service of any company I have ever dealt with.

Haven't handled a Badger, but it looks like a neat little gun. If I ever come across a good deal on a used one, I may pick one up.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:43 am 

TriggerHappy416 wrote:
Does anyone here have any experience with these rimfire rifles? What's your opinion?
I 've had my Little Badger for almost 4 yrs and it's a fun compact rifle to plink with. If you are okay with a single shot, single load gun, then you might give it a try. It's fairly inexpensive as I purchased mine brand new at just under $200.00 including tax. If you are looking for a target rifle, this will disappoint you. My best 5 shot group{bench rested} at 16 yards was about an inch. Out to 25 yards, the groups expand to about an inch and a half. It's about 31 inches, fully expanded and 16 inches folded, so it's great for backpacks. The trigger pull impressed me when I first bought it. It's quite light {probably around 4 pounds} and responsive. The rifle is also light in weight. I find the Federal Champs and CCI round nose works the best in this little survival gun. The Remington's & Winchester's didn't do as well.

Sent from my K00L using Tapatalk

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 3:51 pm 

I had a chance to shoot the AR 7. It seems like it was originally made for a left handed shooter since the magazine disconnect is on the left side and the stock meets the receiver at a position that would benefit a left cheek weld. Trigger is a bit heavy, but should get lighter with usage (or a tune). Overall it's a nifty rifle and pretty darn accurate.

I wonder why the Chiappa Little Badger is not as accurate. I've handled one, but never shot it. The single shot mechanism locks quite solidly. The only downside is ergonomics-the grip for the trigger hand sucks and it's awkward to hold. The rear sight can also use an improvement. Is it actually a combination of the less than ideal grip and iron sights that's contributing to the accuracy or the the barrel/breech locking mechanism?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:52 pm 

I think the aspect of not having a proper grip really impacts the accuracy. I had someone manufacture a special picatinny rail and block that would fit specifically onto the area behind the trigger guard. I've put a foldable grip onto the picatinny rail and it's improved my group sizes. Moreover, my vision is not the best using the provided peep sights so I added a scope.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:51 pm 

Never had either of those... but two guys I knew had the older AR7. It seemed like a good idea... but the execution left a bit to desired. The were "pop-can" accurate, and not all that reliable.

From what I gather, the new Henry are supposed to be quite reliable.

-

If I was looking for something light to carry (in 22lr) I'd probably go for a Ruger take-down or a Marlin Papoose