Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:08 pm 

Forgot to mention that I really love my Qb78 22! Very accurate!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:59 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
If you are still looking for a co2 air rifle under 500fps, I've actually ordered some in to sell. Here's a link to the description and picture. They are being detuned to 495fps for Canada. Im only getting 22 version, and it's a repeater, comes with a 7 shot magazine. http://www.artemis-airgun.com/series/sh ... g=en&id=46Image

I notice it also has a silencer; are they replacing that sight piece with something else?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:40 pm 

Yep, with a regular front sight.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:46 pm 

The front sight from the Seneca dragonfly. I'm getting some of them as well, under 500fps. The idea is to give two shots on 8 pumps. We'll see how it turns out for consistency.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:50 am 

Update

I just "purchased" the QB78S 500 fps from airheadairguns.com, it took a while to get in contact with the man running the website but now it's done. The payment was done through e-transfer. I was a bit sceptical at first but I asked for pictures of the gun and he showed me the box and it indeed said 500 fps. I don't know yet if it's been shipped or anything. Hopefully I don't get scammed :lol: .
Oh and btw, it was 220$ total from BC to Québec.

Currently selling some airguns to fund my Crosman 2240/1322 builds!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:48 am 

Congrats! Great gun. Mine was the D version, also under 500fps, from airgunsource. Sounds legit to me, good idea on getting a pic of it before buying.
If you decide to get your pal someday, these guns are very easy to increase the velocity. Also if you don't mind taking things apart, cutting a few coils off your hammer spring will give you many more shots per co2 cartridge without sacrificing velocity. They put a much too long powerful spring in there and it wastes co2.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:09 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Congrats! Great gun. Mine was the D version, also under 500fps, from airgunsource. Sounds legit to me, good idea on getting a pic of it before buying.
If you decide to get your pal someday, these guns are very easy to increase the velocity. Also if you don't mind taking things apart, cutting a few coils off your hammer spring will give you many more shots per co2 cartridge without sacrificing velocity. They put a much too long powerful spring in there and it wastes co2.

You know Bob, a Crosman 760/M4177 hammer spring fits just fine over the spring guide. I use one in my own QB78D, along with an O-ring behind the valve. Just saying :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:18 pm 

Good deal! I thought that would be too short but obviously not! I do the same with an oring behind the valve. I forgot to mention that, makes quite a difference in efficiency, i found.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:10 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Good deal! I thought that would be too short but obviously not! I do the same with an oring behind the valve. I forgot to mention that, makes quite a difference in efficiency, i found.

Does it increase FPS over 500? I have no plan on getting a PAL but I really want to mod my QB :D. So far, for mods, I'd like to add a longer cocking rod and one of those repeater magazine I found on youtube from a polish guy. I'm looking at other mods that won't increase the fps over 500 though 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:16 pm 

Joojoo88 wrote:
wesb2007 wrote:

Does it increase FPS over 500? I have no plan on getting a PAL but I really want to mod my QB :D. So far, for mods, I'd like to add a longer cocking rod and one of those repeater magazine I found on youtube from a polish guy. I'm looking at other mods that won't increase the fps over 500 though 8)

If you're worried, Than don't. Unless you got a chronograph.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:02 pm 

The Artemis rifle posted by wesb2007 earlier looks great. (Is it the CR600Sw?) Seem to be the same folks with the CP1-M pistol. Lots of other nice stuff on the site...
Any idea of cost once you get them?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:05 pm 

To reply to the op on the earlier post about the 760 spring, unless I'm totally out to lunch this spring is lighter and shorter than the spring you have, so it definitely won't put it over 500fps, and the oring will make sure it doesn't. You actually might need a small shim on the spring guide to bring it back up to that 500fps range, so having a chrony would help. The trigger can be adjusted nicely to make it short and light, and there is a two stage mod that can easily be done with a spring plunger. I could find the thread on that if you are interested.
The magazine system from the polish guy works great! I've got one. If you have the money you should ask for two magazines.

I'm hoping to sell the CR600W for around $180, but we'll see what happens at the customs, whether they get stuck in storage waiting to be inspected, and I get charged an arm and leg for it. I might end up having to sell them less than cost, so this is like rolling the dice to see if I can shoot myself in the foot or not, or like Russian roulette! I sure hope I get a good agent that knows the laws, and doesn't have an anti-gun agenda! Anyway, it was probably dumb to even mention the whole thing here, since I'll never live it down if I get my shipment rejected and lose everything! (Raman from Canadashootingsupply was telling me horror stories). Wish me luck!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:26 pm 

Update #2

I received the QB78S 500 fps from airheadairguns today! It's great! Lightweight, accurate even with those terrible sights (Confused as to why they didn't put fiberoptic sight like on the 78 Deluxe), bolt action is heavy and fun to use. I will make an indepth review once I get my Centerpoint 4-16x40 scope and my UTG bipod that I ordered from Pyramydair! Can't wait to mount those on this badboy. As for power, it's more powerful than my previous Benjamin .22 break barrel even though they are both rated at 500 fps... Also! Last thing. The trigger, compared to the triggers I'm used to, is AMAZING.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:37 pm 

Congratulations! Great to hear it is shooting straight! I like the pistol grip on the stock. How many shots you think you are getting out of it at that power?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:52 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Congratulations! Great to hear it is shooting straight! I like the pistol grip on the stock. How many shots you think you are getting out of it at that power?

Thank you! More shots than I expected really! My hand was getting numb at the end :shock: I would guess 50 shots though, after that you could see it drop in power.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next