Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:38 pm 

Hello, I've been searching for a while for a bolt action rifle, preferably a .22 caliber. I've come to the conclusion that the choice is very limited in Canada when it comes to folks like me who doesn't have a PAL. So far, there's 2 that I'm interested in:

The good ol' QB78 (preferably synthetic version...)

and the Crosman 2240 (not really a rifle :roll: ).

Now here's the problem! There's only ONE store that sells the QB78S 495 fps and he doesn't seem to want to do business... airheadairguns.com. It seems kinda sketchy that he's the only one in Canada that sells this gun in 495 fps. I emailed him and he didn't seem to interested in selling anything to be honest, he said he was too busy to do an order at the moment. Has anyone ordered something from that website?

If he doesn't come back to me soon I'll have to go with the crosman 2240 even though i really wanted a rifle. Does anyone have other idea for a bolt action rifle that is non-pal? My budget is ~400$.

Currently selling some airguns to fund my Crosman 2240/1322 builds!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:54 pm 

Joojoo88 wrote:
Hello, I've been searching for a while for a bolt action rifle, preferably a .22 caliber. I've come to the conclusion that the choice is very limited in Canada when it comes to folks like me who doesn't have a PAL. So far, there's 2 that I'm interested in:

Now here's the problem! There's only ONE store that sells the QB78S 495 fps and he doesn't seem to want to do business... airheadairguns.com. It seems kinda sketchy that he's the only one in Canada that sells this gun in 495 fps. I emailed him and he didn't seem to interested in selling anything to be honest, he said he was too busy to do an order at the moment. Has anyone ordered something from that website?

If he doesn't come back to me soon I'll have to go with the crosman 2240 even though i really wanted a rifle. Does anyone have other idea for a bolt action rifle that is non-pal? My budget is ~400$.

Never heard of the place. You try Canada Shooting Supply? Might not list it. But probably could order it in.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:01 pm 

viewtopic.php?t=79264

Will you wait and see the Diana Chaser rifle kit? We just talking about it.

And besides this, I don't think you will regret for buying a 2240... However you will need to buy some more parts for it. But it should be well fitted within your budge. And it's CO2 powered. So maybe need to think about this too...

The Chaser and the 2240 has a very good advantage for it's light weight... About 3 lbs vs usually a rifle that would be about 6lbs...I got to know this after I bought a 953~

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:03 pm 

Quote:
Never heard of the place. You try Canada Shooting Supply? Might not list it. But probably could order it in.

I did ask them if they had a 500 fps version and they said no... Which is very weird. Airheadairguns claims to have a detuned version but other canadian stores says they don't have them.. I'm confused :rolleyes:

AGS sells the wood version detuned but they can't get the synthetic one either. Arg!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:08 pm 

Joojoo88 wrote:
Quote:

I did ask them if they had a 500 fps version and they said no... Which is very weird. Airheadairguns claims to have a detuned version but other canadian stores says they don't have them.. I'm confused :rolleyes:

AGS sells the wood version detuned but they can't get the synthetic one either. Arg!

Could always swap stocks later on. Check Canadian tire, they might have some detuned QBs. Be just a wood stock one probably.

Problem with a 2240, your going to spend alot of money just to make it into a rifle. Stock, barrel, breech etc, than have to worry about breaking 500 FPS. Best to find a detuned QB.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:09 pm 

YepYep wrote:
https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?t=79264

Will you wait and see the Diana Chaser rifle kit? We just talking about it.

And besides this, I don't think you will regret for buying a 2240... However you will need to buy some more parts for it. But it should be well fitted within your budge. And it's CO2 powered. So maybe need to think about this too...

The Chaser and the 2240 has a very good advantage for it's light weight... About 3 lbs vs usually a rifle that would be about 6lbs...I got to know this after I bought a 953~

Wow that Diana Chaser looks amazing! Too amazing for Canadian sale! :mrgreen:
You've said that the muzzle break could be a problem... Why is that? Is that illegal in Canada? Hopefully this gun is available to us, it looks like a futuristic 2240. Thanks for the heads up!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:11 pm 

Quote:
Could always swap stocks later on. Check Canadian tire, they might have some detuned QBs. Be just a wood stock one probably.

Problem with a 2240, your going to spend alot of money just to make it into a rifle. Stock, barrel, breech etc, than have to worry about breaking 500 FPS. Best to find a detuned QB.

Yea, you're right. At worst, I can paint the gun black and mount a rail on the bottom for a bipod :lol: . Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:27 pm 

Joojoo88 wrote:

Wow that Diana Chaser looks amazing! Too amazing for Canadian sale! :mrgreen:
You've said that the muzzle break could be a problem... Why is that? Is that illegal in Canada? Hopefully this gun is available to us, it looks like a futuristic 2240. Thanks for the heads up!

Yep, the muzzle brake there is not a fake silencer but a real one which is not allowed in Canada... Maybe you can try to ask David from OShoot, maybe they can import the one with the muzzle brake removed?!

And looks Diana has very good reputation in the history and obviously this Chaser is the direct competitor to 2240, and K can see many tiny designs making this will be a better gun... Like storage for an extra CO2 capsule, easy barrel switching for only 3 set screws, a small rail under barrel band etc....

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:31 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Joojoo88 wrote:
Quote:

Our OP has 400$ budge. I think that should be enough for a kit 2240 with shoulder stock and the essential parts like long barrel, steel breech, a rear sight ... Maybe need to take some time to find the used parts...

The real problem is the gun maybe turned over 500 fps as stock one is already 460 fps I remember....

~Target~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:40 pm 

Quote:
Our OP has 400$ budge. I think that should be enough for a kit 2240 with shoulder stock and the essential parts like long barrel, steel breech, a rear sight ... Maybe need to take some time to find the used parts...

The real problem is the gun maybe turned over 500 fps as stock one is already 460 fps I remember....

I was looking at getting a 2250b conversion kit from scopesandammo if I went with the 2240... If I recall it's 495fps and only 100$ for all the parts. What do you think?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:03 pm 

Joojoo88 wrote:
Quote:

I was looking at getting a 2250b conversion kit from scopesandammo if I went with the 2240... If I recall it's 495fps and only 100$ for all the parts. What do you think?

Ken why blow all the budget on a 2240?

Joojoo88. You have to install the supplied hammer spring or else you go over the legal limit. 2250B is still a pistol.

If I was you, I would get the QB 78. It's Under 200$, already got a steel breech on it, Its already a rifle. By time you buy a 2240 and the conversion kit, + tax and shipping. Your already at the cost of the QB78. You still need a breech to install a scope. The intermounts are crappy IMHO. You'll spend 3/4 of your budget and still haven't even looked at scopes.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:18 pm 

lol~ yeah ~ you are right! I think I just turned to the dead end because I was doing the similar on the 1322 step by step and not realized how much I spent...

As I am not familiar to the 2250 and just have searched it and found it's not a very good deal as no steel breech. And looks the only useful part is the barrel... I see the spring is for detuning... But don't know how come need to use the tube and fore arm, maybe just for making it looks like the 2250 ( or turned it into a real 2250)...

And buying 2 guns at the same time is a great idea. Because OP is taking the first step into it, right? So while budge allowed, these two guns have different characters and have some hands on experience on both would be great... I never touch the QB and ppl all saying how good it is. But to me, it's still a pity that I didn't touch it, so I don't know this gun at all...

~Target~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 3:22 pm 

Oh.. Yeah, the 2240 is the most expensive air gun in the world... It looks a QB should be the better choice ~ and the 2240 can be the second choice and long term project to keep playing with it buy spending money in it ~ lol

~Target~

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:19 pm 

Joojoo88 wrote:

There may be another option, if you don't mind ordering in the U.S., the Xisico XS60C, a bolt action .22 CO2 air rifle, comparable in size and function to the QB.

http://flyingdragonairrifles.org/index. ... duct_id=55

Mike Mellick at Flying Dragon has a very good reputation, and I believe he ships to Canada. I think he can also de-tune one under 500 fps for Canada, you'd have to verify that.

Other than that, I bought a .177 Beeman QB78 at CT last year, don't know if they still sell it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:31 pm 

Joojoo88 wrote:

check with Dan at the forum store its not the qb78S but the qb78D in my opinion much better then the S.
and see if he has a non-pal version available i know he use to..

https://www.airgunforum.ca/store/produc ... cts_id=156

find it a bit weird that airheadairguns.com didn't want your business.... :?

Last edited by Ace on Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.