Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:15 am 

Really? So even I got a locked cabinet said for 'gun storage' I would probably still need the trigger lock for the firearms put in it?

So what's the difference and we need to watch out when choosing this type of storages?

( We need the one that in Fallout, you need high level lock picking skills to open?! lol )

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:26 am 

Fyi
You can display real restricted firearms on your wall.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:26 am 

YepYep wrote:
Really? So even I got a locked cabinet said for 'gun storage' I would probably still need the trigger lock for the firearms put in it?

So what's the difference and we need to watch out when choosing this type of storages?

( We need the one that in Fallout, you need high level lock picking skills to open?! lol )

Sent from my LG cellphone

Trigger lock if you want to store restricted in it. Pellet rifles, or non restricted or air pistols. Don't need a trigger lock.

Safes are much thicker metal, normally have locking rods ( 1" rods ), stronger hidden hindges, 500 + lbs. Thus they are more harder to break into. Thus needing less firearm protection.

Gun cabinets are sheet metal, 12/14 ga, 15lbs maybe, some are welded, some bolt together, simple plate steel locking arm. You can drill thru them easy, hammer a punch thru them, pry them open. Normally costs under 200$.

So being that, they don't meet the definition of a safe, so you need to trigger lock restricted. They consider them no better theft protection that a locked hard case.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:33 am 

Use mine for muscle memory training for its counterpart powder burner. I suppose airsoft would perform in a similar manner but I still prefer to shoot metal. Just something satisfying about punching holes in soda can.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:44 pm 

leadslinger wrote:

Trigger lock if you want to store restricted in it. Pellet rifles, or non restricted or air pistols. Don't need a trigger lock.

Safes are much thicker metal, normally have locking rods ( 1" rods ), stronger hidden hindges, 500 + lbs. Thus they are more harder to break into. Thus needing less firearm protection.

Gun cabinets are sheet metal, 12/14 ga, 15lbs maybe, some are welded, some bolt together, simple plate steel locking arm. You can drill thru them easy, hammer a punch thru them, pry them open. Normally costs under 200$.

So being that, they don't meet the definition of a safe, so you need to trigger lock restricted. They consider them no better theft protection that a locked hard case.

This post is crap.
#1 Locking up of firearms is not for prevention of theft. It is for prevention of un-authourized access.

A judge has already ruled that a gun cabinet is equal to a gun safe. If your not sure, write "safe" on it.

Stop preaching your options.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:09 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Use mine for muscle memory training for its counterpart powder burner. I suppose airsoft would perform in a similar manner but I still prefer to shoot metal. Just something satisfying about punching holes in soda can.

This makes sense. Have never tried Airsoft on a soda can but being so light they would likely just fly off. I would not have many soda cans to shoot but I bet I could get a healthy supply of beer cans. :drinkers: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:25 pm 

I like to shred cans with mine.
https://youtu.be/KJqD1Zh5c4g

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:33 pm 

you'd be surprised what airsoft can do to cans...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGwc5FSXc_U

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:52 pm 

Ace wrote:
you'd be surprised what airsoft can do to cans...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGwc5FSXc_U

Mark me as surprised. I did see a few shots bounce off but impressive nonetheless. Unfortunate that airsoft can cost even more than the powder buring original.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:13 pm 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxajT7WehvA
fun starts at 0:35

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:21 pm 

Leon Yrag wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxajT7WehvA
fun starts at 0:35

..and yet that wouldn't be fun for me.

action BB guns are something i get to experience in my hand...
the action is not on a picnic table 30 feet away as i toggle a switch and watch.

that's a Wii thing he's shooting.

i do appreciate the weapons and tactics of airsoft warfare play though.

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:33 pm 

any projectile travelling at 650 fps is going to cause some damage.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:06 pm 

AirForceAddict wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

This post is crap.
#1 Locking up of firearms is not for prevention of theft. It is for prevention of un-authourized access.

A judge has already ruled that a gun cabinet is equal to a gun safe. If your not sure, write "safe" on it.

Stop preaching your options.

Well sorry. I guess they must have changed the definition. Because was always under the impression that you needed double locked.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:52 am 

Original topic, please, gentlemen.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:00 am 

Wish I didn't have to go into the city today. Or I be in the basement filling HPA tanks and shooting the drozd in the back yard.

Def need a higher ROF.