Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:56 pm 

I shoot both steel BBs and lead pellets. I love the realism in terms of size, feel, weight, and action of my BB pistols and revolvers in comparison to the real steel. I stopped the ricochet problem by using a box as a backstop with lots of old jeans and clothes packed into it.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:23 pm 

When I started out all available airsofts were made of plastic, I bought a few very nice firearm looking ones but it's not the same.
So when I saw airguns that were made of metal I bought one and another and another and decent airsoft were often battery operated which is no fun and it was too late to start another collection.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:37 pm 

wheeliehd wrote:
I don't understand what the attraction is to BB pistols. I gave mine away. Can't hunt with them. BB's rolling around the floor, bounce out of traps, hard to load due to small size. Hard to see holes in paper. CO cylinders is expensive to run. Airsoft seem so much user friendly and you can catch all the 6mm in netting and reshoot them again. Airsoft 6mm are a lot cheaper to buy. Run airsoft on propane from a big bbq tank to cheapen the price down or spring pistols. Airsoft their is a big network for pistol competitions just like powder burner pistols but no licence required. Never heard of any BB pistol shoots.

What am I missing about 177 BB pistols?

Short answer to your question: sell them. That's me though and each to their own.
Agree with you entirely on the airsoft angle. With hop-up and other systems, way more accurate than steel BB too. For such reasons, I suggested adding a section on here, nothing to do with airsoft games, merely because of the parallels with "airguns". Doesn't look like that will happen though and got a fair amount of unreasonable hostility at the time too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:04 pm 

DDtank wrote:
wheeliehd wrote:
I don't understand what the attraction is to BB pistols. I gave mine away. Can't hunt with them. BB's rolling around the floor, bounce out of traps, hard to load due to small size. Hard to see holes in paper. CO cylinders is expensive to run. Airsoft seem so much user friendly and you can catch all the 6mm in netting and reshoot them again. Airsoft 6mm are a lot cheaper to buy. Run airsoft on propane from a big bbq tank to cheapen the price down or spring pistols. Airsoft their is a big network for pistol competitions just like powder burner pistols but no licence required. Never heard of any BB pistol shoots.

What am I missing about 177 BB pistols?

Short answer to your question: sell them. That's me though and each to their own.
Agree with you entirely on the airsoft angle. With hop-up and other systems, way more accurate than steel BB too. For such reasons, I suggested adding a section on here, nothing to do with airsoft games, merely because of the parallels with "airguns". Doesn't look like that will happen though and got a
Quote:
fair amount of unreasonable hostility at the time too
fair amount of unreasonable hostility at the time too.

Yes it did and i am not sure why ??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:47 pm 

:?: so 8x shiny G10 grade steel Bearing Balls 11mm (.43cal) +/- 7/16 of an inch, don't count as BBs in this fun CO2 gun?

_________
paint your wagon

Tracey Wilson, CCFR