Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:44 pm 

Been messing around with a dueling target, here are some of the plans.

Attachment:
target front.png
target front.png [ 7.53 KiB | Viewed 2604 times ]

Attachment:
target top 1.png
target top 1.png [ 15.28 KiB | Viewed 2604 times ]

Attachment:
target top 2.png
target top 2.png [ 16.99 KiB | Viewed 2602 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:14 pm 

how is it reset?

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:28 pm 

Right now a cord and a flip up plastic pipe. I will probably rig some shot of target reset in the future.

The target is design to be mounted on the roof of a indoor duct seal trap. There will be a tray with 2 sets of 3 flip up targets. The idea is each shooter tries to shoot their three targets then hit the duel target to win the duel. I suppose it would be fun to pick up a couple of revolvers with holster and have a 5m single target duel. With some practice, I should be able to hit the duel target from the hip at 5m.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:05 am 

That looks like it will work fine.

We had a duel target for our local black powder rendezvous. 2 paddles welded to a 5' rod (welded to a collar) and sitting on a vertical shaft about 6' high. Out the back of the collar (on the back of the collar) was another rod, about 3' long with a loop at it's end. A bungee cord ran from the loop to a loop on the base of the rod where it was cemented into a truck rim(heavy base).
A shot on either plate, would swing the other plate out of the other person's sight picture. The hit plate, of course, swung back with the other swinging to the front.
They would then return to standing position due to the bungee.
The 2 duelists would stand side by side, guns pointed to the front and down at the ground. Upon the signal, both shooters would attempt to shoulder their rifles and hit their plate.
Due to the hard smack of the lead balls, the other plate was instantly removed from view. The winner was obvious. We shot this event at 50yards. The steel plates were quite large, 9-10" in diameter.
My 14 gauge English Sporting rifle (480gr. ball) never lost this event, no matter who was shooting it. Due to it's style, drop at comb, heel and balance it points like a fine shotgun, albeit a slightly heavier rifle.
My brother now has a similar rifle. A duel will be quite interesting between these two rifles. His is a 16 bore and was built in 1853- although looks remarkably 'like new'.
My rifle, held by my late hunting buddy Brad.
Then- 3 pictures of my bro's new 16 bore rifle.

Attachments:
DSCF0011.JPG
DSCF0011.JPG [ 72.99 KiB | Viewed 2543 times ]
100_7211.jpg
100_7211.jpg [ 112.52 KiB | Viewed 2543 times ]
100_7212.jpg
100_7212.jpg [ 117.7 KiB | Viewed 2543 times ]

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 3:59 am 

nice gun d. hey allheart. how is your target coming along . haven.t heard from you in awhile.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:27 pm 

Hey pete, sorry its been a while since ive been on the forums. Unfortunately the target was to heavy, I will have to modify the dimentions but the principle works. Just finish my dueling tree project and the prototype works well. Ill post some pics in the original thread.