Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Cheap BB collection Trap
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:54 am 

Since I got the drozd, BB's were going every wheres. My duct seal rem trap wasn't cutting it. Plus I got tired of digging them out.

So I had a container lying around from when I used it for a temp fish tank when I moved.

Had some wood and rubberized mats from the work shop. All I needed was a cutting board, or something I knew BB's wouldn't punch thru. So cut the mats and screwed it onto the wood. I used a 1x2, but a 2x4 would work too. Than put the cutting board on the backside. Screw the wood to the top of the container. Then cut a hole to shoot thru.

Yet to get a BB bounce out. And they collect soo much easier.

And to replace the mats only a few dollars from the dollar store. I think in total was around 25$ to build, if I was to price it out.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:16 am 

Not a very big mouth you cut opened on the cap... How far did you shoot? Full auto?! Just want to have an idea how accurate this 'machine gun' can be ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:30 am 

Very interesting. I wonder how long the rubber mat will last taking 5000 rpm.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:37 am 

YepYep wrote:
Not a very big mouth you cut opened on the cap... How far did you shoot? Full auto?! Just want to have an idea how accurate this 'machine gun' can be ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

Well the point is that the opening is small, so greater chance of any ricochet or BB's bouncing back will be collected. Not that the lid will stop a BB. I punched right thru, shooting it direct before I cut the hole. And at 25ft if you cannot put in a size of 8x11 sheet of paper, you got a problem.

It's a indoor basement BB trap. And I got about 2-3" groups at like 10ft shooting burst.

This is my backyard range. So no trap required.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:41 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Very interesting. I wonder how long the rubber mat will last taking 5000 rpm.

Well 4 layers of rubberized carpet mat. Didn't stop it. So I added heavier rubber mat and the cutting board. That stopped it. I just used what I had. So might have to go shopping for a wider cutting board, and heavier mats.

I guess the first couple layers is to slow it down and prevent them from bouncing back. The last few is what stops it.