Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:17 am 

Ordered this in from Eric at scopes and ammo. It seems to be a relatively decent little scope, considering what I paid for it. Shown here on one of my home built crosman pumpers. It wears Burris Signature Z high rimfire rings with the off-set inserts for elevation and/or windage correction. I have the 20 m.o.a. insert in the rear ring, and the zero correction inserts in the front ring.

Detail showing zoom ring at maximum magnification.

Side wheel focussing knob. It's graduated to a minimum of 10 yds. I could not get a clear image at 12X and 10 yds. Earliest sharp and clear image appears at 20 yds at 12X with the knob showing a ten yd. index.

Eye relief is a bit on the far side of 3 1/2"- which is on the generous side for a mild loading like the .223. Drop zone reticle is supposed to be calibrated out to 500 yds for 48-56 gr .223 loads...

Target style turrets detail. Click stops are very tactile~ they are easily felt with the fingertips and do not require vision to confirm how far they are being turned. I like these turrets a lot.

Optical quality is nice, even though this glass will never be mistaken for Vortex... edge to center is surprisingly even, especially considering that it is a Chinese made scope. Coatings are a dead ringer for the Nikon green/purple. It's actually a nice size. There isn't a lot more weight there than a standard 4X 40 scope. I'm actually pretty impressed with it. I'd be all over a second one if they ever come with a full mil-dot reticle....

I'd rate this at 4.75 out of a possible 5. I'd like to see this scope range distances a little more honestly. Still, for what I paid for it.... :mrgreen:

-D.S.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:08 pm 

Congratulations Doc, looks good!
I just got a cheap side focus 3-12x44 myself. Looking forward for trying it out.

Sent from my Leap using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 9:07 am 

Thanks for the review. Been considering a Bushnell ar scope myself. I'm still trying to figure out which reticle to go with.