Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Buying a air rifle help
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 7:00 pm
Posts: 3
Hi guys this may have been asked many times but I keep banging my head on the wall as to which air pellet rifle to buy. I’m looking for a springer break barrel. What I want is one with sights , most quite , not to heavy. I’m using it as a target rifle in back yard so it needs to be as quite as possible. I have the HW 30 s in mind with 495 FPS. Any advice from you kind folks. Thanks in advance. Marcel


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:05 pm 
Online
Site sponsor and moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:40 pm
Posts: 6307
Location: Eastern Passage N.S.
The HW 30 is a very good choice IMHO but it may be hard to find.

_________________
René


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 8:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 1197
Location: GTA, ON
Daisy 953~

it's my first rifle and its focused on target shooting in the manufacture, do it has a middle name as TargetPRO ~ lol

Quiet ( SSP, not springer, very easy to cock, very low noise ),

not heavy ( less than 6lbs with 40mm size scope on mine ),

super accurate ( for the 500fps, I have no complain at all but very surprised by its accuracy within its shooting range far to beyond 50 yards away until the pellet drops to the ground!),

very cheap in price ~ you can buy 2 or more if your budget is for some other brand name rifles... ( If you go for PCP, your budge can buy 10 Daisy 953 lol )

Mr.Marvin ( mrmavin) would still have some stock...

Sent from my LG cellphone

_________________
Izzy 46M
2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight - Twilight 0.05
Daisy 953/3-9x40 AO Hawke Scope
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 7:00 pm
Posts: 3
under500fps wrote:
The HW 30 is a very good choice IMHO but it may be hard to find.

Hi there I can order it from D&L Airguns. They have it in stock for $420.00


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 9:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat May 12, 2018 7:00 pm
Posts: 3
YepYep wrote:
Daisy 953~

it's my first rifle and its focused on target shooting in the manufacture, do it has a middle name as TargetPRO ~ lol

Quiet ( SSP, not springer, very easy to cock, very low noise ),

not heavy ( less than 6lbs with 40mm size scope on mine ),

super accurate ( for the 500fps, I have no complain at all but very surprised by its accuracy within its shooting range far to beyond 50 yards away until the pellet drops to the ground!),

very cheap in price ~ you can buy 2 or more if your budget is for some other brand name rifles... ( If you go for PCP, your budge can buy 10 Daisy 953 lol )

Mr.Marvin ( mrmavin) would still have some stock...

Sent from my LG cellphone


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 7:01 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:08 pm
Posts: 782
Location: port colborne. ontario.
marcelt6 wrote:
under500fps wrote:
The HW 30 is a very good choice IMHO but it may be hard to find.

Hi there I can order it from D&L Airguns. They have it in stock for $420.00

when I looked at d&l website a few minutes ago it says sold out.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:30 pm
Posts: 393
Location: SW, Ont
HW30 is a great gun, if and when you get your PAL it shoots in the 600fps, which is perfect for this light weight gun!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 11:27 pm
Posts: 2021
Location: Toronto
Diana 24, CZ 630 or 631, IZH 60 or 61.

_________________
"...await the right moment for one, and only one well-aimed shot" - Vassili Zaitsev


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 3889
jwg wrote:
HW30 is a great gun, if and when you get your PAL it shoots in the 600fps, which is perfect for this light weight gun!!!

no they also shoot just under 500 fps...

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO