Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:54 pm 

Hey guys, good evening!

Want to know if anyone tried buying from the Target Shooting Canada?

I am looking for a target pistol and looks this message board is a good source to find a target pistol?!

But I am just afraid that this is just another classified ads web page... And we all know there is no cheap target shooting equipments ( except P17... lol)... Don't know if it's too risky to buy from there....

Sent from my LG cellphone

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:00 pm 

The forum store has a few nice FAS competition pistol go look at them tell me if you like has a few

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:03 pm 

Like anything, chances are you probably only deal with a person once. So communication is Key, call the up, email them ETC if you are worried. And really if you are worried than don't.

But you really need to know what they go for, chances are. What you find there would be selling here.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:58 pm 

Actually I am looking for a 46m... Back and forth, I changed my mind from a HW75 to FAS 6004, then Izh 46m then Tau 7 and then come back to a 46m....

I found myself the final reason to go for a 46m is because of its special, Russian made, big and heavy, looks the best trigger among these guns ( although I think all these triggers are the same good to me and I can't tell who's better)... Etc etc

75 and FAS have too less power than the others... So they are out...

Tau 7 is CO2, which I think non CO2 power plant guns would be slightly better at this point... And Tau 7 looks harder to find one than the 46m. If buying new from D&L, they only have Junior version which didn't comes with competition grips which I finally think if I will buy only one pro target pistol, how come not buying one with match grips? Maybe this is the only chance for me to use this type of grips in my life...

And I have my HW40 which as said the accuracy of the HW40 actually can catch up with these higher level target pistols... So, buy something similar why not buy something completely different?!

So finally I think I want a 46m...

It's such a pity that the 46m for sell here some days ago I missed it... At that time I focused on the Tau 7....

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:09 am 

Quote:
75 and FAS have too less power than the others... So they are out...

Gotta remember these are 5 -10m target guns, not hunting guns. Power isn't everything. Wadcutters don't shoot well fast.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:16 am 

Sub 500fps 177 actually is not enough for hunting at all... But if it's an accurate gun, it will still good for shooting far target to provide another type of fun...

But if just sub 300fps, it will be indoor use only and can't do anything else other than punching paper within 10 meters...

If for only thinking power, I might go for a HP01. But I don't like multi pumps now ( one 1322 is enough), and the power from the HP 01 would make it a restricted pistol, and I don't like that...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:19 am 

For the muzzle velocity, Tau 7 will do better than the 46m as it's adjustable... But 46m isn't that fast, just above 400fps...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:46 am 

YepYep wrote:
Sub 500fps 177 actually is not enough for hunting at all... But if it's an accurate gun, it will still good for shooting far target to provide another type of fun...

But if just sub 300fps, it will be indoor use only and can't do anything else other than punching paper within 10 meters...

If for only thinking power, I might go for a HP01. But I don't like multi pumps now ( one 1322 is enough), and the power from the HP 01 would make it a restricted pistol, and I don't like that...

Well basically saying that only real purpose of these guns are. Only indoor 10M paper punchers. They're useless to hunt.

There are HP-01 in Canada and they're not restricted.

And the people that buy these entry level 10M guns only shoot at ranges anyways. You'll see them on Airgun nights at most clubs.

People buy them w/o the match grips because they're basically made to shoot only 1 hand.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:19 am 

Some days ago there was a HP 01 here with long barrel and modified to pump over 3 pumps... I doubt it can shoot about 600fps or more... However the HP01 just looks ( or say semi-recplica ) too similar to the DE, and I looks not interested in replicas any more... But the major reason is still on the multi pumps... Don't want to pump more than once, and if only one pump the hp01 just too weak...

And yeah, you are right. I am looking for a different gun, so these match purpose target pistol were designed to use with only one hand, and this is what I never touch yet and what I really want to try...

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:25 am 

YepYep wrote:
Some days ago there was a HP 01 here with long barrel and modified to pump over 3 pumps... I doubt it can shoot about 600fps or more... However the HP01 just looks ( or say semi-recplica ) too similar to the DE, and I looks not interested in replicas any more... But the major reason is still on the multi pumps... Don't want to pump more than once, and if only one pump the hp01 just too weak...

And yeah, you are right. I am looking for a different gun, so these match purpose target pistol were designed to use with only one hand, and this is what I never touch yet and what I really want to try...

Why not get a PCP, like a Benjamin 1701P? Still can shoot it 2 handed, It can be powerful or weak depends on the hammer spring adjustment. LW barrel so accurate. Gets 40-50 shots before you have to fill and would be super easy with a hand pump.

Im sure you can get a match style grip if you like to try one handed.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:38 am 

Don't think I will go PCP ( yet )...

Too trouble to fill and shoot and extra money on the pumps ( even just hand pumps ) etc... especially I may have only one gun but in order to take care of it then get a bunch of other stuffs...

So PCP is good but looks not for a causal shooter with limited budgets ~ [emoji16]

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:46 am 

YepYep wrote:
Don't think I will go PCP ( yet )...

Too trouble to fill and shoot and extra money on the pumps ( even just hand pumps ) etc... especially I may have only one gun but in order to take care of it then get a bunch of other stuffs...

So PCP is good but looks not for a causal shooter with limited budgets ~ [emoji16]

I paid like 80$ for my hand pump and has no issue topping up my 330 CC tube from 100 to 200 bar. It was 50 pumps to top up from 150 to 200BAR. It works the same as my was close to 340$ when I got it to my door AV G6 hand pump.

Honestly takes like a min to top up. So on a limited budget 80$ isn't much for a pump. If you want to make it easier you use leverage to your advantage.

If you wan't to try some of these high end airguns w/o paying. Why not find a local range that does air pistols on a day. bring eye and ear defender, I'm sure someone will let you try them.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 11:59 am 

Find a range and join a club is a good idea, I will definitely do that in the future, but unfortunately can't do it right now...

What a busy life when I get home and in the weekends with my wife and two kids plus I am not living besides a club range... So it looks I won't have the range / club time before my skids graduate or I am retired... Hoho...

I read you guys have this night, that night, this match that shooting day etc... I was so jealous~ [emoji16]

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:32 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Find a range and join a club is a good idea, I will definitely do that in the future, but unfortunately can't do it right now...

What a busy life when I get home and in the weekends with my wife and two kids plus I am not living besides a club range... So it looks I won't have the range / club time before my skids graduate or I am retired... Hoho...

I read you guys have this night, that night, this match that shooting day etc... I was so jealous~ [emoji16]

Well you can use that message board and probably use it to meet up with some with the air guns that your interested in. Plenty of ranges allowed guests or day passes so no need to be a member. Im sure someone would allow you to shoot them. Ain't like they're $$$$ guns to fire.

Before I owned firearms, I just used to take ammo to the range and use club guns, ask or rental.

One of my clubs its 5$ for guests, another It's free twice.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:42 pm 

Yeah, I want to make the deal face to face rather than EMT money and wait the one to post the gun to me...

I know we have an indoor paint ball zone nearby... And I have friends in the firearm clubs but never try to ask where is it and if air guns included...

But looks this type of hobby not very popular in the big city Toronto?! Will check it out....

P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender