Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: PCP Fill Station
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:15 am 

apitagan wrote:
Or will the PMV just keep the pressure in the gold filter at 1800 psi but the excess pressure passes through it to eventually fill the scba at 4500? Sorry if I don't make any sense.
A

Yes , that's how I understand it.
Until my compressor gets here and I have it all hooked up and running...it is only in theory.
The 1310 Back Pressure Regulator that I have has a Flow rate up to 10 SCFM. The Yong Heng Pump Air Flow Rate 50L/Min which is 1.7657 SCFM
Hopefully the compressor will not overcome the flow rate of the PMV and short cycle.
What I'm wondering is, if the SCBA tank is already say at 2000psi and you are only top up filling to 4500psi.
The Gold Filter is already at 2000psi which makes the PMV redundant. Image

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:45 am 

HuskyDude wrote:
apitagan wrote:
Or will the PMV just keep the pressure in the gold filter at 1800 psi but the excess pressure passes through it to eventually fill the scba at 4500? Sorry if I don't make any sense.
A

Yes , that's how I understand it.
Until my compressor gets here and I have it all hooked up and running...it is only in theory.
The 1310 Back Pressure Regulator that I have has a Flow rate up to 10 SCFM. The Yong Heng Pump Air Flow Rate 50L/Min which is 1.7657 SCFM
Hopefully the compressor will not overcome the flow rate of the PMV and short cycle.
What I'm wondering is, if the SCBA tank is already say at 2000psi and you are only top up filling to 4500psi.
The Gold Filter is already at 2000psi which makes the PMV redundant. Image

Thanks for confirming that Husky. I think my line of thought makes sense lol. Another question would be, are the t connectors and discharge valve rated for HPA and where are you getting them? Thanks for your patience and looking forward to your finding out if this set up works. Being a not too mechanically adept person, I highly appreciate the sharing of ideas on this forum. ;-)

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:08 am 

Yes everything is rated HPA.
I'd like to say everything could be bought from one source or better yet one source from Canada.
But I have had no luck with that. I've asked for a lot of quotes. And most came back very very expensive!!!
If you don't mind waiting Ali Express is still by far the cheapest! But the wait...well...
In my haste I ordered parts from Nuvair in the States. But forgot a couple of fittings.
They are reasonably priced.
The 1310 Back Pressure Regulator was purchased from Aqua Environment Inc.
Foster fittings where all from Ali Express.
SCBA filling station was from Ebay.
I'm waiting on another quote from Parker which is 10 mins from you over on 9404 39 Ave NW.
(780) 463-5115. I'll let ya know how that goes.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:40 am 

HuskyDude wrote:
Yes everything is rated HPA.
I'd like to say everything could be bought from one source or better yet one source from Canada.
But I have had no luck with that. I've asked for a lot of quotes. And most came back very very expensive!!!
If you don't mind waiting Ali Express is still by far the cheapest! But the wait...well...
In my haste I ordered parts from Nuvair in the States. But forgot a couple of fittings.
They are reasonably priced.
The 1310 Back Pressure Regulator was purchased from Aqua Environment Inc.
Foster fittings where all from Ali Express.
SCBA filling station was from Ebay.
I'm waiting on another quote from Parker which is 10 mins from you over on 9404 39 Ave NW.
(780) 463-5115. I'll let ya know how that goes.

The one in Edmonton is very much accessible. ;-) . Thanks a whole bunch! I have my Yong Heng and my gold filter with dessicant (molecular Sieve). The fittings would be the next in line before I start filling my guns/tanks.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:26 pm 

Sounds like you're a head of the game here!! Image
Post up if your figure things out before we get our pumps in.
And maybe prices from Parker.
If you know of a business front like "City of Edmonton" cash account or a company that deals with them.
You could get a way better deal. Usually like 25% to 40% off their selling price.