Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 11:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:59 pm 

Just got it today at CT. CO2 pierces fine, pellgun oil used also - no leaks but shots weak at 18 feet with 4 cartridges and with 3 different pellets you can see them flying to the target and landing inches below center , some don't leave the barrel. I don't know how loud this should be but not very loud when dry firing either .
I suppose they will exchange it but what is the issue? I won't mind if they send it for repair instead of a replacement which may be the same problem. I will hold off for a day in hopes someone has any idea on this.Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:30 pm 

Valve not open?! It looks obvious not enough air get into the barrel if no leaking.... so maybe due to the hammer spring?! Maybe plugged valve?! Or tube not installed well and the valve holes not align well to each other...

I didn't shoot this gun before, guessing it through my experience on the 1322 / 2240....

Sent from my LG cellphone

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:59 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

What does the hole at the end of the empty CO2 carts look like? Are you getting a good size hole?
If only a tiny pin hole, try tightening the CO2 cap a bit more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:24 pm 

Woody wrote:
What does the hole at the end of the empty CO2 carts look like? Are you getting a good size hole?
If only a tiny pin hole, try tightening the CO2 cap a bit more.

The pierce was clean and a perfect hole.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:45 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

ten-ring wrote:

Just noticed you mentioned that in the original post.
Only other simple thing I can think of might be the part on the front of the valve that mates with the magazine. Remove the magazine, check if it moves freely, it is spring loaded. It should press up against the magazine when it is inserted.

Edit: Not to insult you, but you do have the barrel in the rearward position?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:08 am 

Woody wrote:
ten-ring wrote:

Just noticed you mentioned that in the original post.
Only other simple thing I can think of might be the part on the front of the valve that mates with the magazine. Remove the magazine, check if it moves freely, it is spring loaded. It should press up against the magazine when it is inserted.

Edit: Not to insult you, but you do have the barrel in the rearward position?

The valve moves freely with some spring tension but unable to see how firmly it mates with the mag.
The barrel tabs are locked in place. I did clear a few jams due to the poor velocity of some shots bur ensured barrel returned to normal.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:43 am 

Have you tried some more cartridges? I had a batch of bad cartridges a while back where several in the box were not filled completely. I weighed each one and found the ones that were lighter by several ounces. Just a thought.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:26 pm 

After tightening to pierce, loosen off the cap a tad to allow gas to escape.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:32 pm 

I have a 1077 as well. It's the most disappointing air gun I've purchased so far.

Even with a new C02, it's pretty underwhelming. I have 4 total speedloader "clips" and after those 48 shots (maybe you get 12 more through it, but they are dropping hard) the rifle becomes a real dog and needs a new C02. Despite the fact plenty of C02 bleeds out the cartridge when you remove it. (we had Crosman, Daisy and Sig Sauer C02 with us) Rapidly firing it, only cools the cartridge and makes the situation worse. So whatever is the internal design of this gun, it's not very powerful, or very efficient. I don't know if it's how they nerfed for Canadian market that did this, but the Canadian spec "495fps", is real wishful thinking.

My friend has a no name/brown box break barrel .177 from Princess Auto, which is a much more powerful unit, and he paid next to nothing for it. I thought the 1077 would be nice so we didn't have to single load all the shots, but it's so down on power, we tend to us it closer than then our standard 10m we use for pistols. Which really defeats the whole point of it being a rifle, doesn't it? :?: