Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:27 am 

I like to set the scope as low as possible, so except one set of high profile see through rings which I thought I can use iron sight and scope at the same time, all my other mounts are low profile...

And I like the multi shot tray of my Daisy 953 so much is because the straight pre loaded tray won't affect the scope at all, even better than the single shot tray...

Is there any reason the design of the round index rifle mag? It looks the system in the 953 is better at this point.... However maybe 5 shots are max as it will be weird that you have a long tray on the side like once the machine gun design in WW2, the magazine was set on aside not on the bottom.... [emoji16]

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:44 am 

YepYep wrote:
I like to set the scope as low as possible, so except one set of high profile see through rings which I thought I can use iron sight and scope at the same time, all my other mounts are low profile...

And I like the multi shot tray of my Daisy 953 so much is because the straight pre loaded tray won't affect the scope at all, even better than the single shot tray...

Is there any reason the design of the round index rifle mag? It looks the system in the 953 is better at this point.... However maybe 5 shots are max as it will be weird that you have a long tray on the side like once the machine gun design in WW2, the magazine was set on aside not on the bottom.... [emoji16]

Irons are great for fast target acquisition. You can always buy offset mounted irons like they do in 3gun if that is a requirement.

Round mags are for capacity within the smallest form factor. There are a few ag's with belt fed mags but loading is slow and takes up more space.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:17 am 

Yep, it's right! The round mags usually holds about 10 pellets, right? And uses space less than a small cookie...

But it looks looding a round mag is more difficult than I load my 5 shots tray for my 953... Maybe I should not say difficult, but looking the 953 mag is easier... And I bought another 5 mags for cheap... So I usually pre loaded all 6 mags and shoot all of them and then loading time again , and it's 30 shots...

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:40 am 

YepYep wrote:
Yep, it's right! The round mags usually holds about 10 pellets, right? And uses space less than a small cookie...

But it looks looding a round mag is more difficult than I load my 5 shots tray for my 953... Maybe I should not say difficult, but looking the 953 mag is easier... And I bought another 5 mags for cheap... So I usually pre loaded all 6 mags and shoot all of them and then loading time again , and it's 30 shots...

YepYep wrote:

I would say the mag is Oreo size.

I had issues with the rubber clips for the Dasiy. The rounds would slide or fall out after repeated use. Also requires more moving parts in the gun. When I shot 853's in Cadets. We only used the single shot trays.

The Kral holds 14 rounds, even works with H&N Sniper Magnums 14grn 177 pellets.

I never have dual purpose optics. Ill remove iron sights, just so I can mount my scopes lower. If I have a optic failure oh well. Not like my life is on the line. My service rifle had back up sights, and my Glock I did have co witness rear sight to my dot. Only because it made lining up faster.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:07 am 

Looks like this magazine for my Gauntlet - also for Mrods, but appears backwards.

Attachments:
Benjamin_Marauder_22_Clip_360x.jpg
Benjamin_Marauder_22_Clip_360x.jpg [ 7.64 KiB | Viewed 750 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:39 am 

Daryl wrote:
Looks like this magazine for my Gauntlet - also for Mrods, but appears backwards.

Yes the bell comes out of the left side of the gun. Which is a few mm from the focus ring of my scope.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:45 am 

leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:

YepYep wrote:

I had issues with the rubber clips for the Dasiy. The rounds would slide or fall out after repeated use. Also requires more moving parts in the gun. When I shot 853's in Cadets. We only used the single shot trays.

I never have dual purpose optics. Ill remove iron sights, just so I can mount my scopes lower. If I have a optic failure oh well. Not like my life is on the line. My service rifle had back up sights, and my Glock I did have co witness rear sight to my dot. Only because it made lining up faster.
I just tried then found actually the dual optic sighting is not making much sense... And the super high mounted scope limited to a very narrow zeroed range... It's not as convenient as what I thought... So keep it simple rules ~

I had little issue while using the 953 rubber mag. Maybe the 6 mags just started to take turns since the very beginning and I have more time for then to wear out yet...

But I repeatly met only one issue is while I pull the bolt action too quick or too hard, the indexing mechanism will feed the multi shot tray quicker / harder, and then not stops properly on the next load... Of course you can sit the pellet better while using the single load tray to increase the accuracy of your 953 / 853 and have less feeding problem...

~Target~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:39 pm 

YepYep wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:

YepYep wrote:

I just tried then found actually the dual optic sighting is not making much sense... And the super high mounted scope limited to a very narrow zeroed range... It's not as convenient as what I thought... So keep it simple rules ~

I had little issue while using the 953 rubber mag. Maybe the 6 mags just started to take turns since the very beginning and I have more time for then to wear out yet...

But I repeatly met only one issue is while I pull the bolt action too quick or too hard, the indexing mechanism will feed the multi shot tray quicker / harder, and then not stops properly on the next load... Of course you can sit the pellet better while using the single load tray to increase the accuracy of your 953 / 853 and have less feeding problem...

I mean some hunters like having dual sights. Just in case. I mean like I said my service rifle had back up sights. Well because 2 way ranges, if my sight ( we ran 3.4x scopes but they're called sights ) got damaged, I could remove it by un screwing wing nuts and run back up irons and still be effective.

Well you zero with irons, than mount a scope and zero that. Its in case of a optic failure your irons are still usable and zeroed. Not really try and zero with a scope mounted. They're not really meant to be used both equally.

Personally I dislike it, Because you gotta run super high rings, just so that you can have a channel to see your sights thru. Plus weird cheek rests.

Dual sights are not an option on my gun, because has no iron sights. And no plans for putting them on.

Here is an example of dual sights on my competition Glock. Only because reddots on pistols take more time to acquire. With the iron sights. it lines up faster and dot right there. I took them off because it was like looking thru a green tint glassed coke bottle.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:29 pm 

Never go out hunting and not necessary for me to keep a backup option in case something else failed...

I just plinking and target shoots with my collection then simply don't like the super high setup of the scope because I zeroed it for 10 yards then I need to make adjustment while the target on 8 yards or 12 yards especially I won't take the ranger finder with me all the time, and never be able to estimate a correct distance by my eyes.... And this will make me miss my target, at least the first shot...

If I got good eyes and can see tiny thing 10 yards away, I like open sights more than scopes, because once you zeroed it, it's trustable from very close distance to super far away because it sits as low as possible to where your pellet flys out....

~Target~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:48 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Never go out hunting and not necessary for me to keep a backup option in case something else failed...

I just plinking and target shoots with my collection then simply don't like the super high setup of the scope because I zeroed it for 10 yards then I need to make adjustment while the target on 8 yards or 12 yards especially I won't take the ranger finder with me all the time, and never be able to estimate a correct distance by my eyes.... And this will make me miss my target, at least the first shot...

If I got good eyes and can see tiny thing 10 yards away, I like open sights more than scopes, because once you zeroed it, it's trustable from very close distance to super far away because it sits as low as possible to where your pellet flys out....

Depends what you mean by super far away but overall I will give the advantage to the magnified optics for accuracy. This advantage becomes more evident as distance increases. I'm generalizing of course.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:08 pm 

It's about 20 to maybe 50 yards for a non-pal airgun means 'super far away', I think ~ [emoji16]

The only adjustment you would need might be aim a bit higher because the pellet will drop due to not enough energy to fly the long distance and still keeping the flat trajectory but not like a high-mounted scope, you need to adjust where you aim if you are not aiming at the spot you zeroed your scope....

But scopes help me a lot to see clearer on the target, even my 2x on the P3 helps me a lot ~

~Target~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:26 pm 

I think we are getting a little side tracked from the review of this scope.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:40 pm 

Uhh... Looks it's the destiny of the hot topics in the forum.....

(By the way... We changed the lane on the first reply to the topic by talking about the walnut stock already..... [emoji16][emoji16])

~Target~

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:26 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Uhh... Looks it's the destiny of the hot topics in the forum.....

(By the way... We changed the lane on the first reply to the topic by talking about the walnut stock already..... [emoji16][emoji16])

Trying to help Wes. If there isn't any interest in this scope he won't bring in anymore. Sorry I bought a nice looking gun, and the scope looks good on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:59 am 

Yeah, I agreed the scope is nice, price, performance, functions... However it looks I have enough scopes for my guns already... And this one is also over kill for my need ( all mine sub 500 guns... [emoji16])...

I was a too bad to 'borrow' the topic and chat other things.....

~Target~