Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hello New Gunner
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:41 am 

Hello; Thought i would get back to plinking targets & pest control.Could definitely be a challenge in the city.Domestic rabbits,squirrels,magpies are on my hit list.Purchased a Hatsan 95 in 22cal.we'll see how it shoots.Still waiting for it from Canada Post.. :D

Post subject: Re: Hello New Gunner
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:50 am 

Welcome!!

And be careful now a days shooting outside your house will be a challenge no matter what's your target especially living in the city .... Too many cases around already... So the only gun that you can shoot outside and won't bring you trouble will be water gun .... [emoji29]

Sent from my LG cellphone

2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Camo Chaser long barrel rifle kit
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:35 am 

Welcome to the forum, Tallieho1.
Thanks for joining us; we look forward to your participation.
If you haven't already done so, please read and keep in mind the rules of this forum.
You'll find them here: https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/forum34.html

And to put it more directly, we are unaware of any "city" in this country that permits discharging of firearms or air guns within its jurisdiction. We don't preach, but neither do we tolerate discussion of illegal activities regarding air guns on this forum.

Enjoy your membership.
Murray.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:26 pm 

Welcome.

Yeah do be careful in the city, if the police are called you could be charged as if in possession of a "real" firearm. You can find this info on your city's website or the RCMP site. The discharging of any firearm, even airsoft , in city limits is a No-No (technically air guns are firearms, even paintball, airsoft, and reball). A Nerf or water gun are about your only safe bets, and even then, if they are too "Replica" you could find yourself on the wrong end of the law.

I just head a few kms outside my city limits to a known gravel pit. You may be able to find a piece of isolated privacy in your city limits, but do exercise caution.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:02 pm 

Thanks for all the info,on discharging in the city.So it's been awhile since i last posted.Learning more about springers & now about pcp.I have the Hatsan 95 & now have recently purchased a FX Streamline 22 cal.Both guns are very accurate.With limited shooting.I plan to check out the good people at the Calgary RIFLE & Pistol Club.Where i'll be able to get in more practice time.Looking forward to meeting new people with like interests .Brian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:52 am 

Welcome to the forum Brian! Yes, definitely check out the nearest shooting range as it is the safest way to avoid problems. I have to drive an hour out of the city to enjoy my hobby, but it's well worth the drive. Happy shooting!!

Megiddo65