Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:49 am 

http://www.canadashootingsupply.ca/baik ... 4-k-s.html

Sorry, no offence to the Makarov fans, but I like 1911 design more than Makarov although they are both famous classic guns in the world...

But I don't know why a BB gun can be sold as expensive as like that... Any owner can share his experience?

I know it was made with weapon / military grade metal ( not like the KWC BB guns, the full metal just a little bit harder than the lead pellet...) and shipped far away from Russia... But the price is almost close to the real powder burners and match grade pellet pistols, like a Izzy 46M etc...

Thanks for the input in advance ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:00 pm 

The Baikal Makarov is an interesting little gun. The attraction is how close to the real thing it gets. Also having it put together with some parts seemingly taken from Makarovs that were actually used operationally is a neat little bonus.
They feel very nice to hold.

Realistically, they aren’t super accurate, the construction can be a little industrial ( not a lot of time taken to soften rough areas or polish up anything ), and the trigger isn’t all that great. It’s just a fun little gun that is uncommon enough to generate some interest.

Likely the prices Raman is asking is due to any fees and taxes he may have been charged to get the ones he did. With the trade embargo still in place I don’t imagine it’s easy to try to get these in from Russia.

If you check out the Airgun blue book value (for what it’s worth) they aren’t listed as being terribly valuable, likely because you cannot get these in the US any longer and that’s not creating much interest in them down there.

Is it a $500+ gun as a shooter? Likely not. As an interesting and unique Airgun, probably.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:21 am 

That makes sense ~

However I still love my 1911s better ~ lol

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe