Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Pyramid Air
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:28 pm 

Just wondering if anyone has ordered from Pyramid Air? Are there any other costs besides their shipping charge such as border fees? And of course the exchange rate.

Post subject: Re: Pyramid Air
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:32 pm 

Yes, most of us have.

Yes, they will incorporate the duty charges and shipping fees. They use ups which has been hit or miss for many with their often exorbitant brokerage fees. Generally you will find the prices on par or cheaper if you order within Canada. Airgunsource carries many of the products you see on pyramid’s site. I now only order from pyramid if there is something I absolutely cannot get anywhere else, which is rare.

Webley Junior, HW44,
Air Arms S200, Air Arms S510, HW50s

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:39 pm 

Yep ~ agreed.

While you check out from PA's website, you will see the final price including everything. And you should not get any surprise while you receive your order.

Usually I will use that as a reference and try finding the same from Canadian websites....

Sent from my LG cellphone

Daisy 953/3-9x40 AO Hawke Scope
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:38 pm 

How does it work with oshoot?
They carry Pyramid's line but you order in $CAD so presumably they sort out the supply out of the US. Some prices are not bad, others are higher than elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:52 pm 

I ordered Daisy Avanti bb’s through oshoot recently. I paid the advertised Canadian price plus shipping from Ontario. No hidden charges, in the the end the price was decent on something I can’t find readily elsewhere.

Webley Junior, HW44,
Air Arms S200, Air Arms S510, HW50s

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:42 am 

My only complaint about Oshoot is that they charge Ont. sales tax of 8% as part of the 13% HST even if they ship outside of Ontario. I called HST (Canada Revenue Agency), they said should only be 5% GST, not 13% HST on sales to Provinces without HST.

This makes their prices 8% more than other online vendors in Canada, like Replica Airguns and Air Source, D&L, etc., if you live in a Province without HST.

So important to check around before you buy. Otherwise they seem like they have a large selection.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:19 pm 

Thanks al for the replies. As I said in another post I received my package from Pyramid Air today. A Beeman P-17 and 8 cans of various pellets. I checked several Canadian suppliers but theP-17 was on sale and two free cans of pellets. It was still cheaper to buy from the USA with the exchange and shipping. Funny the shipping was cheaper from the US than one supplier a hour and a half away. Also had two Ontario suppliers did not respond to 2 or three phone calls and a couple of emails. Anyway got to go try the P-17 this weekend. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:54 pm 

Congrats!

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:05 pm 

Yeah, less than 30 dollars is quite a good deal!

For a P17, my suggestion is before you shoot it, take apart the piston and the tube to check and polish the burrs ... It's very easy but will greatly improve the life cycle of your gun and give it a much better starts.

Sent from my LG cellphone

Daisy 953/3-9x40 AO Hawke Scope
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:41 pm 

I almost ordered a bunch of these to sell myself, great little gun, but I see Raman at Canadashootingsupply.ca has them for a great price even not on sale, so not sure if it's worth it doubling up on stuff too much. I'll probably just focus more on getting more of the Snowpeak line in like the Cp400 and Lp400. Though it might be fun to get a P17 myself when I get the Lp400 and do a comparison review.

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk