Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:25 pm 

Hi Guys! I am totally blown away by this pistol package for the price! I'm not just saying that because Ive got these for sale, this is definitely worth more than it's going for anywhere you can get it!
Here is my initial review of the Chaser, with velocity and accuracy test to follow.

The Chaser comes in a large cardboard box with a nice foam insert with a thin foam top for protection.
Taking out the gun a person notices the solid feel of the gun and grip. This isn't cheap hollow plastic!
The safety works well with a crisp click on and off. Looking at the bottom of the trigger guard reveals a slot with a trigger adjustment screw. Out of the box the trigger is two stage with maybe a 3-4lb pull (a guess). Turning the adjustment screw in with a small Allen key (not provided) quickly lightens it up until its a very light one stage, then hair trigger and beyond to not even being able to cock the gun. (be careful to not adjust too light!)
Taking off the trigger guard and grip reveals another adjustment screw in the same place as the CP1. I found all the adjustment I needed in the accessible screw but for those that want further fine tuning, here it is! [img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180729/05f7489da4d403d10d9054d1c0c271ef.jpg[/img

The bolt handle has some nice orings for grip built into the knob. It cocks easily, and is handy for the rightys in pistol format, though once switched to carbine it becomes a lefty gun. So makes everyone happy and grumpy too! Speaking of the carbine stock here is a picture of it too.
ImageImage
You just unscrew the hand screw at the bottom of the grip and pull the bottom cap off, revealing a storage place for a co2 cartridge. Slide the stock in the slot and screw the hand screw back in. Voila now it's a carbine! Image
The stock fits tightly and firmly, no slop. The carbine is nice to shoulder and the rear sight is adjustable for windage and elevation.
Attachment:
20180729_113347-1080x1920.jpg
20180729_113347-1080x1920.jpg [ 325.38 KiB | Viewed 5681 times ]

The rear sight is a bit wide in the notch. I guess AA guy could fill it in with some glue then notch it back out thinner, and a dot on the front sight would be nice. A little neon paint dab would fix that.
The magazine is easy to load. Simply wind the front cover counter clockwise and stick a pellet in skirt first in the back of the mag then turn it over and start inserting head first from the front moving the plastic cover to expose each pellet slot. Easy once you try it a couple times! The single slot tray slides out and the magazine slides in from the left side and is held firmly with a magnet.
To insert a cartridge simply unscrew the front cap on the tube and drop a cartridge nose first after putting a drop of Pellgun oil on the nose. Screw the cap back on til it starts to tighten then unscrew the little tool in the front end, insert in the hole in the side of the cap then tighten it up to puncture the cartridge and seal it against the valve.
Attachment:
20180729_121841-1080x1920.jpg
20180729_121841-1080x1920.jpg [ 383.18 KiB | Viewed 5681 times ]
Attachment:
20180729_121853-1080x1920.jpg
20180729_121853-1080x1920.jpg [ 427.24 KiB | Viewed 5681 times ]

The breech has dovetail grooves for a scopeor red dot or laser, so you are full of options!
As you might have seen I. Some pictures, I made a discovery! This pistol comes with a black case to put the foam insert into, and even includes a zippered pocket for the stock! (just a note that the stock and magazine are sold as accessories and don't come with the basic pistol kit). 2 cans of pellets fit nicely in the supplied hole and 6 co2 fit in the slot for the moderator.
ImageImage
Next I'll do some velocity and basic accuracy tests. What a great package!

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

Last edited by wesb2007 on Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:55 pm 

I want one! Oh, right...I already ordered one... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:44 pm 

Lol! Thanks! :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:47 pm 

Well, I went and done it. Shot my chrony! =(
Was in a rush, which is never smart with guns. I was being called to come up from the basement, and was trying to get a shot further back so the co2 wouldn't affect the results and bang blasted the display!
Shooting up close gave varying readings from 320 to 490fps, but the one shot I did get from further back was 414fps with crosman hollowpoints, so I'm thinking that's probably where it's shooting.
If that was an accurate reading, it looks like this gun would be fine with the longer barrel. Guess we'll see when someone else verifies the velocity!Image

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:56 pm 

good review and good shootin wes. is that how you treat all your chronies. lol. so how much are these any way. I just checked your website and the price says $10.80. so I guess i.ll take 10 at that price.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:24 pm 

Lol, yep, well it defaults to the cheapest option and I stuck some pellets etc on there as addons. Click on the gun and you'll see the price, add to cart, then add whatever else you want from that page. =)
I guess it's true I treat all my chronies like this cause it's the only one I've ever had =)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:26 pm 

Note to moderator, maybe I should have put this in the dealers section?
My apologies if so, and feel free to move it. Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:57 pm 

Hey Wes!
this might be of interest to replace your dead Chrony :shock:
topic79596.html

Hawk-1

KRAL Puncher .177
CZ-200S lam. .177
Weihrauch HW50S Stl
Cometa Fusion .22
HatsanAT44&95 .22
FAS 6004T
Weihrauch HW44 .22
'HAVE GUN. WILL SHOOT'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:53 pm 

wesb2007 wrote:
Note to moderator, maybe I should have put this in the dealers section?
My apologies if so, and feel free to move it. Thanks

Nope. Perfect. This is where reviews belong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:34 am 

Hawk-I wrote:
Hey Wes!
this might be of interest to replace your dead Chrony :shock:
topic79596.html

Hawk-1
Thanks! I saw that and sent off a pm =).
Thanks as well Murray, good to know!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:48 am 

(These pistols are uncontrolled firearms and in some provinces you must be 18 years old to purchase. Be aware of your local purchase and shooting regulations before buying)
https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/diana-chase ... 2-caliber/

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:58 pm 

$10.80 for what add on exactly?

All ok it is for pellets when I clicked on site

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:04 am 

Right, yeah things are set up a little weird, I really need Canada post shipping integrated into my site, but for now this is how it is.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:18 am 

Here's a couple 10 shot groups at 22 feet with the Bsa pistol scope on the Chaser. Nice clear sight picture at full arms length. I was shooting crosman hollow points in the first pic and 14.3 gr jsb in the second. (the bigger 2" target in both was sighting the scope in. Was pretty close just sticking it on!) Nothing special for group size but not bad considering it was me shooting, and arms extended resting on the ironing board. I like the scope! Definitely is easier to use than I thought it might be from others reports on pistol scopes. I didn't find it hard to see through at all.
I realize some may not want to buy the scope now that I opened it up to try it, but I'll throw in the rings for free for whoever requests it or once the others are sold. ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:36 am 

Well Wes, My Chaser showed up a day early (yea!), but I was snoozing and didn't hear the mail dude so all I got was a card (boo!). Drove to the postal station and claimed it (yea!).

Didn't have a lot of time to play with it yet (boo!), but I did shoot a mag full of the 13.43gr (brand X? are they really JSBs?) averaging 428 fps. Also a mag full of 11.9gr RWS Hobbies averaging 452 fps.

The gun is fairly loud and I shoot in my townhouse basement, so since it was getting late I had to quit. I'm going to have to transfer one of my pistol scopes over to it because my old eyes just can't hack iron sights any more.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next