Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Crazy Gun Fail Vid
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:52 pm 

Good to see seniors learning how to shoot..…why do some of these guns explode? Wrong shells/bullets?
Crazy stuff here....https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MRNXXgS14qs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:20 pm 

MyCrosman wrote:
Good to see seniors learning how to shoot..…why do some of these guns explode? Wrong shells/bullets?

Seniors always shoot. Most gun clubs are full of them. They're a wealth of information.

As for kabooms. Can be over charged loads, or squibs, or weakness of barrels.

Also I don't find it funny when some guy gives a lady or a young person a shotgun with 3" slugs and laugh when they hurt themselves shooting it. Now you just made an anti and someone that probably not want to shoot again.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:06 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
MyCrosman wrote:

Seniors always shoot. Most gun clubs are full of them. They're a wealth of information.

Also I don't find it funny when some guy gives a lady or a young person a shotgun with 3" slugs and laugh when they hurt themselves shooting it. Now you just made an anti and someone that probably not want to shoot again.

Yep....not funny...didn't post this for laughs......it amazes me that so many people are so careless with their guns.....and their lives...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:36 pm 

MyCrosman wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
MyCrosman wrote:

Yep....not funny...didn't post this for laughs......it amazes me that so many people are so careless with their guns.....and their lives...

Not every shooter in the video is careless. A mag not being fully seated isn't careless. Ive personally done that at matches before.

Not every gun blowing up is careless. Sometimes ammo manufactures have a bad batch, or powder companies miss label powder. I reload my ammo, I run the risk of having squibs, or bad batch of power that makes more pressure than normal. There is just as many careless airgunners than there are firearm owners. How many people you see shooting in a direction of someone house? Or pointing an airgun at someone? or using just a fence as a backstop? Or even shooting in an apartment?

Alot of the oops are just poor coaches not giving proper instruction on handling firearms. Or poor choice on the section for a newbie.

Post subject: Re: Crazy Gun Fail Vid
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:43 pm 

Yep.accidents happen, mistakes are made, including air gunners.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:02 pm 

Fence as a backstop???apt shooting???.Actually I've never seen or heard of anyone apt. shooting......basements yes...sometimes..non pal of course ..I often wonder where most of these apt dwellers in the GTA shoot their guns.....must be tough when you want to shoot and there's no bush for miles.....and miles.....8 minute drive from my house and I'm at my fave spot....nothing but wilderness... :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:24 pm 

That would be a problem that for non PAL guns, you don't need anything to become an owner, no courses, no coaches...

Just like me buying my first gun from Wal-Mart. ca... Everything started as common sense... But I know that now many thing is not only related to common sense ~

So lucky I have my workmate friends have PAL / RPAL and handle powder burners, then I joined this forum and learned a lot ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:54 am 

MyCrosman wrote:
Fence as a backstop???apt shooting???.Actually I've never seen or heard of anyone apt. shooting......basements yes...sometimes..non pal of course ..I often wonder where most of these apt dwellers in the GTA shoot their guns.....must be tough when you want to shoot and there's no bush for miles.....and miles.....8 minute drive from my house and I'm at my fave spot....nothing but wilderness... :D

You be surprised. Look at youtube videos and review guys. Just some guy in their back yard, with a fence and can see a house on the other side. Hosing away. Many people shoot airguns in apartments or condos. I bet these GTA apartment dwellers are shooting in their apartments. Just not going to say because well probably against the by law for their area. Like every major city.

My neighbor shoots towards my house all the time. Sits in his garage and shoots at rats. I have a acre and nothing but trees behind me and I still shoot into a pellet trap. Glad hes moving.

Ol saying. Know your target and beyond.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:35 am 

Yeah, you shoot your targets and back traps and know fliers is always happening... ( Our friend Wes just shot his chrony while making new reviews on his guns ~ )

So don't trust you won't miss and think twice once miss, where the pellet will fly to....

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:42 am 

YepYep wrote:
Yeah, you shoot your targets and back traps and know fliers is always happening... ( Our friend Wes just shot his chrony while making new reviews on his guns ~ )

So don't trust you won't miss and think twice once miss, where the pellet will fly to....

If you haven't shot it, it's not a chrony. I shot many chronys. Have the gun zeroed for one range, and you shoot at closer and oops. My latest one got 18mm of plexi in front of it.

And to bring up the apartment shooting. Yes I did it once, yes I got in trouble, yes it cost me alot of money. I used pellet trap and I thought I was doing it safely. Guess like my chrony. Zeroed at one range, shot at another and shot over it.

But people still do it. Seems like the mentality because it's not a firearm, or not as powerful, Its acceptable to be less complacent.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:06 pm 

MyCrosman wrote:
I often wonder where most of these apt dwellers in the GTA shoot their guns...

Greater Toronto Airgun Club 8)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:09 am 

Minor footnote, one of the hangfires in the beginning was a relatively obscure Russian TOZ-106 bolt action shotgun with a folding stock, here's a video review.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:29 am 

Maybe this was not posted to be funny but the baby deer vid was funny.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:30 am 

PZAM wrote:
Minor footnote, one of the hangfires in the beginning was a relatively obscure Russian TOZ-106 bolt action shotgun with a folding stock, here's a video review.

I think a Canada company is looking at bringing them in. Fixed stock of course.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:40 am 

leadslinger wrote:
I think a Canada company is looking at bringing them in. Fixed stock of course.

Not sure they're still available, they're not on the Tula catalogue anymore: http://www.tulatoz.ru/produktsiya/grazh ... oduktsiya/

What they do have however is the civilian variant of the VSS *hnnnnghhh*