Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:01 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
What single side of the mag are you using by itself? I was just curious and you have a empty one on the other side?

Which bb's is everyone using? i have always used Umarex steel....but I'm getting to think there not to accurate!

I load a single Co2 into the slot marked "first", this would be the one to the 'rear' of the mag if it was loaded with regular ammo and leave the 2nd slot empty. This is working for short shooting sessions but the power fall off on the 3rd and 4th mags is noticeable. Thankfully shooting short range I can get away with it. I also will heat up the mag (body heat) after the 3rd set of 25 to get as much pressure as I can to finish the 4th mag. 2 Co's give me good power through 4+ mags and my shooting buddy and I use 2 co2's for our in house challenge "Cut an aluminum can in half in 4 mags of less". Not to boast, but I'm currently the world champ having done it in 3 mags today. :D

I started with umarex bb's but purchased Hornady black diamonds because I saw a tube vid that showed they worked best with the speed loader and I can now confirm that too. What I am unsure of is if I can reshoot BB's that I recover, I have a huge pile I have picked up with a magnet.

Cheers!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:19 pm 

Does anyone speed loader get jammed? Sometimes i cant pull that plunger down.

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:01 pm 

Canadianguy wrote:
Does anyone speed loader get jammed? Sometimes i cant pull that plunger down.

I find on occasion I have to give mine a shake when it does that. I'm at the point where the speed loader works reliably, the gun has to go back.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:08 pm 

See if you can get the tan one...hehe as someone else said maybe they have fixed things.

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:20 am 

Just got my Crosman DPMS yesterday in the mail. Thanks Canadian Shooting Supply for everything. Great service, great price. The mail strike didn't really delay the shipment by more than a day or two.

Used it last night. Got 225 shots in semi-auto with 2 CO2's, before I felt the power was dropping off. Didn't try full auto, will save that for 2nd shooting. I used Hornady Black Diamond BB's and had no problems with jams in the speedloader or magazine. Took a little time to get the hang of how to use the speedloader to keep the BB follower open, but once you master it, loading is a breeze. Can load mag. in 2-3 seconds.

Was very accurate on my 25 ft. range. Even up to the 9th mag.

Used Hornady Black Diamond BB's, as it was recommended in other reviews. Also that's what I use in my MP40, and never have had any problems. Hornady Black Diamond BB's seem to be less prone to jams in both speedloaders (both Umarex & Crosman) and full auto BB guns. I may switch to Crosman Copperhead BB's, as recommended in user manual, once speedloader & gun is broken in a bit more. Just did not want to risk problems on the first day.

Any comments from other users on what BB's work the best in the DPMS? I heard that the Copperheads may jam new speedloaders.

All in all, great purchase. Nice weight to it. Just wish the mag held more than 25 BB's. My MP40 holds more than twice that #. Anyone know if a larger capacity mag. is in the works?

In comparing it to the MP40, both are great full auto guns, both have nice weight, but are different. As noted, MP40 has 52 shot mag., that give it an edge, but DPMS has lots of rails to mount laser, red dots, flashlights, etc. I think the blowback is a bit stronger on the MP40.

I also have a Steel Force. The DPMS is a lot heavier and slightly bigger, more moving parts, ability to take apart for cleaning etc., has full auto vs. 6 shot burst, and a more realistic mag. But get more shots per 2 CO2's with Steel Force and can load up 300 BB's at once, though you have to do the "shake" to keep reloading. But Steel Force is still a great gun. I don't have a chrono, but velocity seem similar. I would best describe it as the "younger sibling" to the DPMS.

Will report back again once I try full auto in the DPMS.

Don't think I will get the "Flat Dark Earth" version when it comes out. It looks great, but one is enough. Also, since it is a Pyramyd exclusive, I suspect it will be pricey and hard to get in Canada. Also saving up for the Umarex Legends Cowboy Lever Action.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:48 pm 

BB1Shooter wrote:
Just got my Crosman DPMS yesterday in the mail. Thanks Canadian Shooting Supply for everything. Great service, great price. The mail strike didn't really delay the shipment by more than a day or two.

Used it last night. Got 225 shots in semi-auto with 2 CO2's, before I felt the power was dropping off. Didn't try full auto, will save that for 2nd shooting. I used Hornady Black Diamond BB's and had no problems with jams in the speedloader or magazine. Took a little time to get the hang of how to use the speedloader to keep the BB follower open, but once you master it, loading is a breeze. Can load mag. in 2-3 seconds.

Was very accurate on my 25 ft. range. Even up to the 9th mag.

Used Hornady Black Diamond BB's, as it was recommended in other reviews. Also that's what I use in my MP40, and never have had any problems. Hornady Black Diamond BB's seem to be less prone to jams in both speedloaders (both Umarex & Crosman) and full auto BB guns. I may switch to Crosman Copperhead BB's, as recommended in user manual, once speedloader & gun is broken in a bit more. Just did not want to risk problems on the first day.

Any comments from other users on what BB's work the best in the DPMS? I heard that the Copperheads may jam new speedloaders.

All in all, great purchase. Nice weight to it. Just wish the mag held more than 25 BB's. My MP40 holds more than twice that #. Anyone know if a larger capacity mag. is in the works?

In comparing it to the MP40, both are great full auto guns, both have nice weight, but are different. As noted, MP40 has 52 shot mag., that give it an edge, but DPMS has lots of rails to mount laser, red dots, flashlights, etc. I think the blowback is a bit stronger on the MP40.

I also have a Steel Force. The DPMS is a lot heavier and slightly bigger, more moving parts, ability to take apart for cleaning etc., has full auto vs. 6 shot burst, and a more realistic mag. But get more shots per 2 CO2's with Steel Force and can load up 300 BB's at once, though you have to do the "shake" to keep reloading. But Steel Force is still a great gun. I don't have a chrono, but velocity seem similar. I would best describe it as the "younger sibling" to the DPMS.

Will report back again once I try full auto in the DPMS.

Don't think I will get the "Flat Dark Earth" version when it comes out. It looks great, but one is enough. Also, since it is a Pyramyd exclusive, I suspect it will be pricey and hard to get in Canada. Also saving up for the Umarex Legends Cowboy Lever Action.

That's great to hear! I think magazines are pushed back to December. Is it just the pic in PA or does it look grey?

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32