Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:31 am 

Just got the new Crosman DPMS SRB Full Auto BB rifle from AirGun Source Canada. I ordered it on the 20th as soon has I got the email that is was in stock. I received it on the 27th after waiting a long week :D . Here are the specs from Crosman site.

• Full and Semi auto. Over 1400 rounds per minute.
• Blowback action
• Adjustable 6 position butt stock
• AR compatible pistol grip
• Quad Rail forearm for accessory mounting
• Unique muzzle end cap
• 25 round drop-out magazine
• Flip up back up iron sights (BUIS)
• Angled foregrip
• Realistic weight and functions
• Use double CO2 cartridge in the magazine
• Velocity up top 430fps.
• 26.5 to 30.4 inch long with a weight of 6.21 lbs
• Steel smooth bore barrel

Attachment:
File comment: Crosman SBR
SBR.JPG
SBR.JPG [ 64.18 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]

The external is polymer with metal internal. The grip is nicely textured. The overall weight is good. Not has heavy has the Umarex MP40 which is full metal. The flip up sights are polymer. The rear sight is adjustable for windage and the front is fixed. The rear sight is a peep sight with 2 size hole. You just flip down the tab with small hole to get to the bigger one. I’m not crazy about the peep sight so I installed a red dot sight that I use with my pistols. I’ve ordered one especially for the SBR. I also like the look of a rifle with a red dot on it.

I also usually install a vertical forgrip on my bb rifles but I decided to give the angle grip a try first. First impression is OK but I have not fallen in loved with it yet. I’ll have to use it a bit more before final judgement.
Attachment:
File comment: Magazine 1
SBR -Magazine .JPG
SBR -Magazine .JPG [ 64.63 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]

The magazine is metal and has some weight to it. The cover is plastic and a bit thin for my taste. It comes with a small Allen key, in the magazine, to install the double CO2 cartridge.

You need to be careful when loading the CO2 in the magazine. There is a sequence to be respected in the installation. You need to pierce the left one first then the right one. The word FIRST is inscribed on the magazine, above the screw, to help you remember. The mag holds 25 BB has stated, not one more. I wish it a at a bigger capacity mag because you go thru 25 bb quickly. On the other hand, I’ve had a single feed jam where on the MP40, I get them constantly.

Loading the BB is simple and quick with the included BB loader. It has an adaptor to push back the spring for loading. Saves on the fingernails. Loads 6 BB at a time. It is a nice little addition to the package that you don’t often get. Kudos to Crosman.

The ejection port dust cover opens when you pull back the charging handle. The blowback is nice and gives a good kick. The internal slide will lock back after the last BB is fired and the SBR will not fire. Just put in a fresh load of BB’s, push the catch release on the left side and have fun again.

I found the trigger a bit hard at first but the more I shoot the less I noticed.

The muzzle guard can be removed allowing for the installation a mock suppressor with a 14mm CCW female thread. I don’t have one that will fit. I’ll try to find an inexpensive airsoft model.

The controls are not ambidextrous. The mag release is on the right side. The fire selector Safe, Semi, Full (oh ya) is on the left with the catch release.

The gun can be partially taken apart, according to the manual. I have not tried it yet.

The manual is a bit disappointing. It is a single folded sheet with several languages. It’s only 3-1/2” wide (right picture). It is written VERY small. I’m getting old and my vision is not what is use to be. So I need a magnifying glass to be able to read it. I’ve look on the Crosman site for a PDF version but it’s not available yet. I’ll see if I can scan it at work to get a better resolution. The manual does recommend oiling the gun every 3000 round which is why you need the manual. It explains how to take the gun apart and were to lub it.

On the first try I got close 200 rounds (8 mags) with the double CO2 cartrigde in semi-auto mode. About the same in full auto. When the CO2 is almost empty, the internal slde did not lock back in continuing to fire in full auto. Not sure if do to freezing has the cartridge are very cold or just low pressure. I’ll know better when I’ve shut several thousand round.

Full Auto is fun. Crosman states that the fire rate is 1400 rounds per minute. That comes to 23 rounds per second so you should be able to clear a mag in 1 second. My test have not been even close to that. I’m just under 3 seconds using the very scientific method of “one Mississippi, two Mississippi”. I don’t get to three. That’s about 9 to 10 rounds per second which is still pretty nice. If you plan on shooting in full auto a lot, I would recommend buying spares mags once there available or you’ll spend a lot of time reloading.
Attachment:
File comment: 10 shoots at 8 meters
SBR- Cible 1.JPG
SBR- Cible 1.JPG [ 69.07 KiB | Viewed 4948 times ]

Precision is very good at 8 meters (26 feet) which is the max I can currently test in my basement shooting stand. Testing was done sitting down with a bipod and red dot sight, to help eliminate old age shaking. First group was slow firing in semi auto. The grouping 1-1/2” 1-1/2” with 2 strays in the 7 ring. Without them, group is 1” x ½”. Second group was still in semi but fast firing 2-1/2” x 2”. In full auto, grouping goes to 3” x 3”

I’m unable to verify the FPS since I don't have a chronograph but BB’s got down range pretty fast.

Overall I really like my new toy. I look forward to shooting it more.

13 BB replica pistols
5 BB rifles
6 replica airsoft pistols
5 replica airsoft rifle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:51 pm 

Nice review!

Thanks for doing that and I can have more information before really putting my hand to get one ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:36 pm 

Great! Thank you....

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Dan Wesson 715 Nickel 6" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:34 pm 

Not really into BB guns, but this one looks interesting. Now I have to decide between this and the Gauntlet .25!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:27 pm 

How's the beast? I see there is mags now at PA and AS soon.

I'll probably pick one up soon. Get rid of theSteal Forces.

Have fun!

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:00 pm 

I really feel like grabbing one of these, most of the money saved, could use for something else. I did just did recently spend money on Discovery tube and internals, stock and trigger and been use to shooting pellets. I already have 2 Steel Force I could sell, this one appeals to me more. So not sure I should take another dive into the bb world again....yikes lol

Anyone else dove in latly?

Greg

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:46 pm 

Thanks for the detailed review on your new toy MecPlogeur!

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:18 pm 

Well I also bought one and I had a really hard time deciding between the Crosman and the AirVenturi Hellboy so I bought one too. I should have them soon.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:08 pm 

That's funny Doc! Way to go! Thoughts?

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:15 pm 

Just got them and... WOW!!!
I tought the Steel Force was nice and I still think it is but the Hellboy is great and the DPMS SBR is AWESOME
The Hellboy is hefty at almost 6lbs, beautiful, the extendable stock works really well, it handles really well. I haven't shot it yet but I'm quite happy with purchase. The only thing I don't like for now is the safety selector which seems a bit loose. I'll try taking it apart tommorrow to see if it can be fixed.
The Crosman DPMS SBR is the star of the show here. That thing rocks! I haven't tried shooting it either but it's heavier at over 6 lbs, everything feels solid, the only down side I can see and like the Hellboy it's only a detail but the extendable stock is "meh" I'd like to put something more "standard" there if it can be swaped.
So far I'm really happy I bought both and I don't think I could choose one over the other.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:03 pm 

Well....I caved and picked one up lol even got laid off a while ago I can still justify to buy one........nothing like the Steel Force! I wonder if someone will come out with a bulk fill adapter for the magazine like the Steel Force.

Greg

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:51 pm 

I couldn't edit the last post but here is a visual comparison of the Crosman DPMS SBR and the Umarex Steel Force..

Haven't had much time to test it out today, just came today, been through 2 co2's in semi and full and no issues:)

i also just noticed trying to replace the grip with a rubber one and there is 2 little springs that are exposed, not sure why there there but just a heads up. i put the original grip back on, until I know why those springs are there.

Sorry for the crappy shot..

Attachments:
Crosman DPMS SBR 1.jpg
Crosman DPMS SBR 1.jpg [ 251.73 KiB | Viewed 4367 times ]

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:03 pm 

Been bugging me all day today wondering what the 2 little springs are in the grip when you take it off? One of them sits halfway in the grip and other end is resting against a little bearing? I'm wondering if I need to use them with another grip but it wouldn't make sense....confused. Your suppose to be able to switch grips I thought.

I wanna give a shout out to Canadian Shooting Supply for there extrordinary shipping and customer service. When I ordered from them Wednesday and never got any emails about shipping and it said to be delivered on the 16th, so I thought ok. It came next morning! Made my weekend..

I didn't mean to hijack the post

Thanks

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:52 pm 

Got mine today and so far much fun, no issues. I had read a lot online about people having problems with this gun. I am also finding 75 rounds and most of the next mag go fine (mostly semi) on a single CO2. I have yet to use the 2nd slot but I'm also shooting at pretty short range, probably 20-25 feet and against aluminum cans it's a terror.

Cheers!

Attachment:
SBR.jpg
SBR.jpg [ 607.16 KiB | Viewed 4300 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:09 pm 

[quote="CanuckleHead"]Got mine today and so far much fun, no issues. I had read a lot online about people having problems with this gun. I am also finding 75 rounds and most of the next mag go fine (mostly semi) on a single CO2. I have yet to use the 2nd slot but I'm also shooting at pretty short range, probably 20-25 feet and against aluminum cans it's a terror.

Cheers!

What single side of the mag are you using by itself? I was just curious and you have a empty one on the other side?

Which bb's is everyone using? i have always used Umarex steel....but I'm getting to think there not to accurate!

Attachments:
Crosman Dpms SBR Modified 1.jpg
Crosman Dpms SBR Modified 1.jpg [ 266.37 KiB | Viewed 4272 times ]

S&W M29 8 3/8" Pellet
Sig Sauer M17 Pellet
KWC 1911 Tac .BB
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32