Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:47 am 

every now and then,
a picture now and then.

this is my man cave so feel free to chime in.

top to bottom

ROEBEL B6C-177 i'm scared of my chinese side levers. (QB57D, soon to be B5) this one i muzzle load crosman wadcutters nose first. (poor man's hollow point) then i cock it. i was so inspired by all the lathe-ing and milling and drilling and sanding done around here i used a dull hack saw and coarse file to trim back the plastic shroud by 1" to expose the barrel for loading. it looks like hell. my ramrod is in the picture. i jimmied a laser onto the sling mount and used a tactical ranger band to mount a flashlight to make it even more ugly.... (thanx leadslinger) :axe: lol https://www.airgunforum.ca/forums/post521926.html?hilit=%20ugliest#p521926
Crosman* M4-177 scooped some handle from an airsoftgun that fit with integral sites. it was clear so i used some TremClad hi-heat BBQ paint i had around.
ASG Armalite M15A1 (airsoft) :shock:
But I don't own a single gun...

Attachments:
ARs.jpg
ARs.jpg [ 61.88 KiB | Viewed 1571 times ]

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:04 pm 

re B6 - today i muzzle loaded Gamo round lead balls and they're proving to be v accurate in my short indoor range. so no more backward pellets!

i've never had these side levers release when they shouldn't, but i've seen the videos that compels me to give them their due respect..

one of my best attributes is being able to learn from other people's mistakes.

today w my dull hacksaw i'm gonna cut a length of 1" alum rod to make a blocking device that will hold the breech area open so i can safely load the pellets from the breech. options.

the safety factor taken care of has me shooting this gun again. they are fun! ..and the muzzle loading sequence probably takes less time because i was always so tenuous around it.

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

Last edited by Leon Yrag on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:36 pm 

Sweet! They look very cool =)

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:57 pm 

Why not just hold the cocking lever so the piston can not come forward while loading ?.
You can also drill through the forward section of the tube and insert a hardened steel rod through the hole.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:15 pm 

paddyfritz wrote:
Why not just hold the cocking lever so the piston can not come forward while loading ?. You can also drill through the forward section of the tube and insert a hardened steel rod through the hole.

i do tuck the lever under my arm whilst loading, but also remember reading of one guy that had the barrel then come around and smack him in the head, hard, when it pre-released.

these are manly guns for manly men!

i really like the idea of the steel rod! thanx for that.

Tracey Wilson, CCFR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:52 pm 

HA, Yeah I jammed a thumb on of those ROEBEL. Hurt like a SOB.

I found it kinda hard/awkward to tuck the lever under my arm. Good idea on the rod.