Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:29 pm 

Hey Guys! This is a long overdue test of the Ataman AP16's accuracy out to 35 yards. In this video I punch paper and a few other things with a scoped AP16 as well as with open sights. The result are impressive. Thanks for watching! -Nate 

Click here for: Ataman AP16 Accuracy Testing (and Rat Hunt) Video:

https://youtu.be/iFXOtd_Vql4

This video is posted in the Hunting section because a Rat was harmed in the making of this video. (He didn't feel a thing).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:33 am 

...I bought what was perhaps the last AP 16 in the US partly behind this video...

...is it normal for the safety button/bolt to pull free...???...the one on mine is not a captive part...

...if you push the safety in too far it locks the sear again...this is easy to do w/o noticing...

...I could not get the pistol to fire and the bolt pulled free whilst I was fussing aboot trying to disengage the safety...

...the safety mechanism had seemed jammed but the pistol fired once it was pulled free...

...is that why it is not captive...???...to make it easy to remove...???...

...I could see this part getting lost...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:49 pm 

Ataman has poor quality control. I got an ataman with a faulty safety ($1300 M2) I waited too long to send it back so it just doesnt have a safety now becaus it got stuck in off posoition.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:26 pm 

...well, that is a discouraging reply...!!!...LoL...

...I had reservations aboot their quality control when I opened the box and observed minor but noticeable damage to the finish...

...as a fellow Ataman AP16 owner I wondered if you would be willing to answer my question in regard to the safety bolt issue with my pistol...

...is there any point in seeking a remedy or is this normal...???...

...the bolt is locked in there when the pistol is not cocked...

...it does not seem like an especially positive mechanism but after further fiddling with it I don't think the bolt will just fall out...

...IMHO, it is a poor design that locks the sear if you push (disengage) it in normally, w/o great care...