Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:53 pm 

I had this bb/pellet , low cost,single pump,smooth bore ,low FPS rifle on my mind for awhile and decided to get it. I shoot indoors at paper targets ( no plinking) and good groups are my goal. It took a short time to sight it in with a small laser mounted. Here are my basic impressions:

Better build quality and looks than Crosman 760 multi-pump ( I had two and both failed after just a few hundred shots for various reasons)

Shooting from a bag rest at 17 feet--JSB Exact 8.44g -decent 5 shot groups, JSB Exact Express 7.87g-very good groups, JSB Exact RS 7.33g- slightly better. Grouping at 18 feet not quite as good . Groups at 22 feet not so great.
My Crosman 760 groups under same circumstances were marginally better.

Shooting sitting on a chair with left leg propped up on stool. left elbow on knee - not quite as good.I suspect that the somewhat heavy trigger pull ( with a clean break) was better managed when shooting from the bag rest.The Crosman has a smoother, lighter trigger.

For me, the sweet spot for best accuracy is 17 feet .The Express and RS pellets are the best choice. I may try an even lighter pellet which I don't have now.
Observations:
-Nicer looking than Crosman 760
-Small pump arm radius
-Fiddly to load pellet- the loading port to place pellet is just a little longer than the pellet . Ensure that barrel is pointed down at least 30% when placing pellet so that it does not roll back into BB loading area. Also ensure pellet is seated flat or closing the bolt will crimp the skirt. Do not attempt pellet loading without sufficient lighting as it may be loaded backward or not seated properly in this space.
-Trigger pull a little hard affecting offhand accuracy.

I prefer not to shoot from a full rest except for sighting in a new airgun and hope my skills with the sitting position as described will improve with this very acceptable and underrated Daisy . Most reviews on the internet were done with BBs It seems that the Grizzly is not a big seller as many big dealers no longer stock it. Mine is from Canadian Tire (on sale now $82.49).
Yes, there are better pumpers but the Grizzly appears to be a good performer for what it is.