Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chronograph Rental.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:08 am 

Excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:12 am 

We will have to drum up some interest because I don't think there is anyone after me. And I don't think I'll need it for very long. Once I figure out what all my guns do, that's pretty much it. Im not planning any modifications or anything. It's all just a point of reference.

Fully rebuilt Benjamin .22 classic
Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:41 am 

Carpenter84 wrote:
We will have to drum up some interest because I don't think there is anyone after me. And I don't think I'll need it for very long. Once I figure out what all my guns do, that's pretty much it. Im not planning any modifications or anything. It's all just a point of reference.

And if people are thinking. Well he might need it back? It's not a problem. I have access to one.

So this can stay in circulation.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:01 pm 

I have the chrony. Ken packed it up very well. Seems to have arrived safely. I'll get it all unpacked tonight. Probably won't get time to play with it till next week.

But there is no one on the list next.

Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:28 pm 

I'd be interested please.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:54 am 

DDtank wrote:
I'd be interested please.
I thought you do ~ :)

And you looks have many guns too!

The F1 is just very simple and easy to use chrony. And the testing setup just need much less place than I thought! I am thinking buying my own later ~

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:17 am 

Yes indeed Ken, I don't have too many now though but would like to do some full CO2 shot strings with my 1740 now I have finished playing around with it (I think) and I have some concerns about my HW77 and its Vortek kit.
leadslinger - this is a very generous and excellent idea.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:08 am 

Ok cool. I have another thread set up to start drumming up interest. If enough people are interested a list can be setup to keep track.
One of my other machinist message boards do something very similar each year where they pass around a uspa flat rate box full of small tools, instruments, cutters, etc. When you receive the box you take out a few items you desire and replace with things you no longer need or wish to send along as long as what you replace is fair to what you removed, and you pass it along to the next person and so on. It's been very successful. However, that's the states. Their shipping is a bit more reasonable than ours. Their flat rate box is based on size as long as it doesn't tip the weight scales over a certain limit. But, their box is usually pushing that limit. Quite heavy it's so full of stuff.
You have to post a photo of what you took to share but you cannot show what you put in or what's in the box. Has to be left a surprise.
It would be cool to be able to set this up in a similar fashion. As long as the honor system holds.

Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:26 am 

Carpenter84 wrote:
Ok cool. I have another thread set up to start drumming up interest. If enough people are interested a list can be setup to keep track.
One of my other machinist message boards do something very similar each year where they pass around a uspa flat rate box full of small tools, instruments, cutters, etc. When you receive the box you take out a few items you desire and replace with things you no longer need or wish to send along as long as what you replace is fair to what you removed, and you pass it along to the next person and so on. It's been very successful. However, that's the states. Their shipping is a bit more reasonable than ours. Their flat rate box is based on size as long as it doesn't tip the weight scales over a certain limit. But, their box is usually pushing that limit. Quite heavy it's so full of stuff.
You have to post a photo of what you took to share but you cannot show what you put in or what's in the box. Has to be left a surprise.
It would be cool to be able to set this up in a similar fashion. As long as the honor system holds.

Well I used the small box, to keep the shipping rates down.

Kinda really didn't think about that, Diary of a traveling chrono. Maybe if there is more interest. We could start something. Like throw in, something related to your town/city.

And some say I'm only doing this is collect money to buy something? I'm not. Cost of rental is the shipping cost. I have no problem keeping this in circulation.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:45 am 

It was very well packaged... For now.
It's a shame our postal system wasnt similar to USPS in the way of flat rate boxes. Theirs is based on size, ours is based on weight. I would build a small aluminum shipping box so the chrony can't be damaged during shipping.
The chrony is already kinda heavy.
But that would be the only way I wish our system was like USPS. All other aspects suck... All packages I've recieved from the states have ALWAYS been damaged in some way. Some worse than others. I've seen countless situations where the item was completely missing through a hole in the box and the USPS shipped the remaining empty box...

Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:37 pm 

Commendable venture, Leadslinger. I had figured with chrony's so inexpensive these days, that everyone would have one or two, if they were serious about

learning about their guns. Guess not.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:57 pm 

Carpenter84 wrote:
It was very well packaged... For now.
It's a shame our postal system wasnt similar to USPS in the way of flat rate boxes. Theirs is based on size, ours is based on weight. I would build a small aluminum shipping box so the chrony can't be damaged during shipping.
The chrony is already kinda heavy.
But that would be the only way I wish our system was like USPS. All other aspects suck... All packages I've recieved from the states have ALWAYS been damaged in some way. Some worse than others. I've seen countless situations where the item was completely missing through a hole in the box and the USPS shipped the remaining empty box...

It's a chrony, not a faberge egg. I don't think it will get damaged in shipping. Consider when folded it, Its a metal box. The paper was just to keep the battery and the protective shield from shifting around too much.

And as you can see it's been already shot. That's why the metal is bent at the back.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:57 pm 

leadslinger wrote:

And as you can see it's been already shot. That's why the metal is bent at the back.

Hehe ~ ^_^ I removed the back sensor and bent it back to position, but sorry I didn't re paint it ~

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:34 pm 

I realize that. But I get all goofy when in possession of other people's things (which is extremely seldom because I DONT like borrowing things). And I'm constantly looking for machining/fabricating projects.

They aren't that expensive but it's just not an expense I have room for at the moment. Serious or not. And if I wasn't serious, I wouldn't have completely rebuilt my Benjamin classic to shoot 1/2" at 20 yards.

Using the chrony today. Tricky to get lined up and it seems to be very picky over room lighting.
But rather surprising results so far. Some slower than expected, some faster.
Benjamin .22 in rebuilt condition with gas piston is shooting 495-680 fps depending on pellet (heaviest to lightest.) I figured it was a bit faster.
My old polish Archer 87 .177 topped out at about 550 fps which is much faster than I thought. But bottoms out at 200 with a heavy pellets.

So far quite interesting.

Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:07 pm 

Yes! It's quite interesting while I ran my guns through the chrony ~

Like my 2240 and my HW45 shoots lower than I expected , but my old Hatsan Mod 25 just shoots above 500fps which sacred me and I became another witness on a stock gun shoots over the rating and over the limit....

And I realized for our sub 500 guns, actually no need to bother any mid to heavy weight pellets, they just not for your gun! The fps just dramatically decreased when you put in a heavy pellet...

Without the use of a chrony, I will never know these facts ~

~Target~

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next