Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chronograph Rental.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:33 pm 

The screen needs to stay cleaned, or the readings may be off. Lighting plays a huge part in accurate readings. You shoot too close and might get a higher FPS. Since it might register the vapor or smoke that may exit the muzzle.

You need to make sure. You line up the shot that pellet passes BOTH sensors in the center.

Because according to my records. 953 Avg like 430 FPS with 7.9s, 460 with 7.4s, so you 7grns would been around 480+.

And last time I used it. I was testing 9mm loads, and it shot around what's advertised on the box. And my FPS were around what other people were getting with the same bullet weight and powder grains.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:10 pm 

Oh and another interesting finding is the trajectory of my guns all shoots low at muzzle and going up to the zeroed spot at the distance... As I never shoot this close to the back trap. So my guns zeroed on about 8 meters hits the back trap about an inch lower at POA on 3 meters away... So it will climb up this inch to hit the zeroed spot at the time it flies over the 3m to 8m distance....

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:36 pm 

I just want a update to who has my Chrony.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:51 pm 

I still do. Ddtank asked for it next, but then said his rifle broke and he wouldn't require it yet. I have yet to hear if he was ready.

Fully rebuilt Benjamin .22 classic
Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:35 pm 

I finally got a new spring in my rifle and will test it tomorrow but in any case I picked up a used one of my own recently so you can take me out of the loop, thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:46 pm 

There's no loop. I'm going to be shipping it back to leadslinger once the postal strike is sorted out.

Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:48 am 

Doesn't seem like the strike is effecting post that bad. Pops sent a package from Petawawa on Monday and I got it Friday.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:02 pm 

It's not so much the delay that's the issue. Packages are being lost. And if workers don't get the deal they wanted, who knows what will happen with workmanship.

Some other junk rifles

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:21 am 

Just bought a xs-b50 wondering if this is still going on and if anybody else in Nova Scotia would be interested in using it don’t wanna send it all the way here for one person but if a few are interested split the shipping a few ways

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:17 am 

Mattila269 wrote:
Just bought a xs-b50 wondering if this is still going on and if anybody else in Nova Scotia would be interested in using it don’t wanna send it all the way here for one person but if a few are interested split the shipping a few ways

Well I'm the owner of this Chrony and I live In NS. Been waiting for it to be shipped back. Since Nov.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:41 pm 

Not sure if you addressed this leadslinger, or not, but the pellet must travel across the screens in a horizontal path, parallel to the top of the screens.

If not, the reading will not be accurate as the distance between what the eye sees and the distance between the screens will not be the same.

To illustrate, here is roughly what the eyes of the screens see: V V. Note if the pellet or bullet entered high over the first screen, to exit low over the second screen, the pellet would

be seen earlier by the first screen, then later by the second screen. The pellet would seemingly travel further before registering than if shot parallel.

This would produce a slower/lower reading than the pellet is actually traveling. This may be nit-picking, but is relevant if an accurate average readings are actually the goal. I know some people

are sticklers for accuracy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:53 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Not sure if you addressed this leadslinger, or not, but the pellet must travel across the screens in a horizontal path, parallel to the top of the screens.

If not, the reading will not be accurate as the distance between what the eye sees and the distance between the screens will not be the same.

To illustrate, here is roughly what the eyes of the screens see: V V. Note if the pellet or bullet entered high over the first screen, to exit low over the second screen, the pellet would

be seen earlier by the first screen, then later by the second screen. The pellet would seemingly travel further before registering than if shot parallel.

This would produce a slower/lower reading than the pellet is actually traveling. This may be nit-picking, but is relevant if an accurate average readings are actually the goal. I know some people

are sticklers for accuracy.

Thanks Daryl. Once I get it back, I doubt I'll be providing this service for people.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 2:19 pm 

Chrony is coming back to NS.

If I do decide to lend it out again. Will be stricter rules, and how long one can have it. But haven't fully thought of them yet.

Remember it's someone else equipment. Treat it with respect.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:40 pm 

That was very kind of you to send it around like that. If serious about working on anything shooting wise it is a must own. I crono everything new then if something changes you know that way. New strings with different materials on a bow can up or down numbers. CHEERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:54 pm 

Are you using the light pucks from CDN Tire? The work for me, for indoors shooting.
I think they were between $5.00 & $10.00 and even included batteries. I use rare-earth
magnets to hold them under the sky-screen diffuser panels.

Attachments:
P1012740.JPG
P1012740.JPG [ 453.13 KiB | Viewed 1994 times ]
P1012739_01.JPG
P1012739_01.JPG [ 124.23 KiB | Viewed 1994 times ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next