Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:49 pm 

Anyone here who was able to install and used one of these in their Air Force rifles?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/PCP-Air ... 3c00bMwghY

Looks like a good combination with an outside regulator and a CF tank reservoir. I currently have the stock aluminum tank on my Talon with the Altaros reg installed set at 1600 psi. This shoots very accurately 21g 22 cal H&N pellets at 25 yards and gives me about 40 shoots before the reg fails. Wanting to increase my fill pressure to say 3500 to 3700 for extra shots.

Thanks for the comments!

A.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:02 pm 

apitagan wrote:
Anyone here who was able to install and used one of these in their Air Force rifles?

Looks like a good combination with an outside regulator and a CF tank reservoir. I currently have the stock aluminum tank on my Talon with the Altaros reg installed set at 1600 psi. This shoots very accurately 21g 22 cal H&N pellets at 25 yards and gives me about 40 shoots before the reg fails. Wanting to increase my fill pressure to say 3500 to 3700 for extra shots.

Thanks for the comments!

A.

Will install it and see how it shoots... Valve port is 5.5mm by the way and I have another one for 4.5mm in case it shoots too strongly. Fit and stainless finish is very good with bits of tool marks here and there which one hardly notices.

Attachments:
valve 3.jpg
valve 3.jpg [ 125.55 KiB | Viewed 1196 times ]
valve 2.jpg
valve 2.jpg [ 154.47 KiB | Viewed 1196 times ]
valve.jpg
valve.jpg [ 174.09 KiB | Viewed 1198 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:24 pm 

Looking real gine
Might order one myself. How much shiping?
Not a balanced valve though!
Wslter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:03 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
Looking real gine
Might order one myself. How much shiping?
Not a balanced valve though!
Wslter

$45 shipped to Edmonton... Might not be too I thought lol. I will post how it performs once I have installed it with the altaros reg.

A

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:54 pm 

Ordered one
Not sure what options meant
5.5mm with 8mm?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:53 pm 

Voltar1 wrote:
Ordered one
Not sure what options meant
5.5mm with 8mm?

5.5mm is the id of the valve tube (not sure if this is what it's called lol), the 8mm is the od . ;-)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:03 pm 

apitagan wrote:
apitagan wrote:

Thanks for the comments!

A.

Will install it and see how it shoots... Valve port is 5.5mm by the way and I have another one for 4.5mm in case it shoots too strongly. Fit and stainless finish is very good with bits of tool marks here and there which one hardly notices.

The talon with .5L CF tank and HW cal 22 barrel ( 20 inch length machined by Kim "Whitewolf") . 10 shot group at 20 meters using H&N 21 grn pellets. Gauge reads 2700 psi from a 3000 psi fill after 30 shots. I changed the valve port from 5.5mm to my spare 4.5mm. Power setting is at 2. Have to chrony the speed of the pellets yet.

Attachments:
airforce cf tank2.jpg
airforce cf tank2.jpg [ 38.32 KiB | Viewed 1091 times ]
airforce cf tank1.jpg
airforce cf tank1.jpg [ 78.37 KiB | Viewed 1091 times ]