Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:42 am 

Location: Southern Gulf Islands, Beautiful British Columbia, Canada
Hello Everyone!

It's been a few months since many of us took part in a bulk purchase of Yong Heng 4500 PSI Compressors -just wondering how everyone is fairing with the product. Any problems to report? How many hours have you clocked on your unit?

As for mine, the compressor has worked pretty much flawlessly, topping up both an 88 Cubic Inch Carbon Fibre tank and a smaller Ninja style half a dozen times each. Only minor problem I've encountered so far is the O-Ring Seal on the included water separator keeps leaking once I get up around 4000 PSI, and no amount of tightening would resolve the issue. Not to mention how very difficult it was to get the damn thing open again to change the internal filter! Simple solution; fashioned my own gasket out of 1/4" rubber sheet (square gasket in photo). Otherwise, so far so good. This of course is always first stage oil/water filtration, second stage being my inline Alpha Filter.

Ordered in and installed the adjustable pressure gauge / auto shut off , which was a cinch and works as advertised. Something all owners should note, the electrical system involved is a N.O. (Normally Open) circuit -what that means in laymen's terms is without the pressure gauge connected, or in the event of a failure or loose connections, the auto shut off/ over-pressure safety feature is non functional, and if left unattended during operation, pressure will continue to ramp up until the pressure disc fails or, something let's go completely, like your airgun or tank ......... moral of the story, for heaven's sake, always attend and monitor your compressing operations!

Arriving last weekend on the slow boat from China, a standard 120V AC powered hour meter. Being an "Old School" dude, I wanted to install the "Old Fashioned" no brainer type hour meter, to keep track of wear and tear on seals and gaskets, compression rings etc. , as well timing oil changes and total hours of use on the unit. Something that should be installed as a standard feature methinks. Due to physical limitations and internal space available, it was necessary to relocate that annoying auto shut off buzzer / light and mount the new hour meter towards the front of the Yong Heng near the pressure gauge. The opposing side of the compressor has a very large start capacitor installed for the motor, and the back end of the unit has a fan, so not too many options as far as available locations. It was a challenge to cut out and hand file the necessary rectangular hole for the new meter as the metal housing of the Yong Heng is quite thick. Once done, I sealed up the bare metal with rust paint and mounted the meter in place. Won't get into the details of wiring at this point, but it is a simple matter of electrically paralleling across the motor. Attaching photos of how I achieved this with a minimum of hassle.

Now my Yong Heng is all set up with the new Hour Meter, that goes "tick, tick, tick", counting the hours off in 6 minute intervals, the new auto shut off pressure gauge, and, homemade rubber gasket on the water separator. Inline Alpha Filter always employed to ensure a source of clean, dry air.

Hope this post will be helpful and informative -would be great to know how others are experiencing the use of their Yong Heng Compressors.

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Attachments:
IMG_6234L.jpg
IMG_6234L.jpg [ 135.03 KiB | Viewed 421 times ]
IMG_6227L.jpg
IMG_6227L.jpg [ 99.93 KiB | Viewed 421 times ]
IMG_6225L.jpg
IMG_6225L.jpg [ 133.91 KiB | Viewed 421 times ]

Hatsan BT65
Benjamin Marauder
FX Dreamline
Cometa Orion
Weihrauch HW100S
QB78D HPA 875 FPS
Brocock Concept Super 6
Artemis PP700S-A
Diana Chaser
Snowpeak CP1-M
Artemis PP800
FX Radar Chrony

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:47 am 

I've only used mine twice and only in testing. Filled a 13ci/3000 pb tank and topped up a 68/4500 pb tank. Two observations. This thing fills fast. Gets damn hot just as fast.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:54 pm 

With my direct garden hose to compressor mod (tossed the wimpy include pump), max temp on mine after a 7 minute top up on the big tank never exceeded 49 Degrees C.

Avianmanor

Hatsan BT65
Benjamin Marauder
FX Dreamline
Cometa Orion
Weihrauch HW100S
QB78D HPA 875 FPS
Brocock Concept Super 6
Artemis PP700S-A
Diana Chaser
Snowpeak CP1-M
Artemis PP800
FX Radar Chrony

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:31 pm 

After installing the new hour meter, I did an oil change -looks like one can get around three oil changes or so out of one Litre. First oil change with about one hour or so run time. Thinking it's best to swap the first batch out fairly quick.

I'd be interested in knowing how often other members are finding it necessary to refresh their Yong Heng compressor oil?

Cheers!

Avianmanor

Hatsan BT65
Benjamin Marauder
FX Dreamline
Cometa Orion
Weihrauch HW100S
QB78D HPA 875 FPS
Brocock Concept Super 6
Artemis PP700S-A
Diana Chaser
Snowpeak CP1-M