Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: Don Cothran build
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:12 pm 

Lol, I only shoot 2 trees, Mr. Ken!

You know, at this distance you need to watch out for canting. If you cant it a bit to the right the POI goes that way too and vice versa.

It does not like to be held tight too! Like all scoped rifles, I shoot with my left palm on the turrets to make the rifle steadier but majority of them do not like it--this one does not!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:34 pm 

Cant? You mean 'tilt'?

I have a little bit OCD, so I mounted my scope straight and horizontal well, and do so while shooting :)

And I noticed myself don't like to grab the gun tight while shooting... Especially after I got my HW45, I more like to let the gun shoots by his own no matter a springer or others... Anyway, still looking for a better way to shoot and keep learning too! Just too less time for shooting ~ :D

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:53 pm 

Yes, Mr. Ken, I meant tilt.

My long distance AA S5 pc rifle does have a cant level, which was very useful when I did long shots.

Yes, most guns like to be held lightly, even airguns. I was just trying to test it if it was not hold sensitive at all.

The husband of my sis in-law taught me some techniques a long time ago but I have yet to master it.

He was German (now deceased, so bless his soul!) and was a rimfire champion in his club for 6 straight years in Germany. He was always short of achieving a perfect score though, coming short of 2 points all the time.

I asked him once why he did not join the Olympics and he told me, " Richard, I am not good enough. Those countrymen of mine who are in the Olympics are triple A shooters and have been sifted, so they are the best of the best".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:03 am 

Murphy's law again for missing 2 points to the full mark all the time? I know at that very last shot there would be so much pressure and It's SOOOOO hard to become perfect!

But the gentleman just very very good at shooting! He's a born shooter no doubt, but always Ace just only one and he might just lack of some luck...

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe