Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:12 am 

Hi,

I’ll be in The Netherlands later this month, and returning back to Canada. I am toying with the idea of purchasing a Weihrauch from Krale and bring it back with me. Haven’t decided between a HW95/97/98. Has anyone done this? Is it even possible or advisable?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:17 am 

Hi - welcome to the CAF!

Interesting question...

8)

Last edited by wllm995 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:25 am 

Virob wrote:
Hi,

I’ll be in The Netherlands later this month, and returning back to Canada. I am toying with the idea of purchasing a Weihrauch from Krale and bring it back with me. Haven’t decided between a HW95/97/98. Has anyone done this? Is it even possible or advisable?
Is that really worth to do so?!

I mean you may still need to pay the tax to get it through the customs, and paperwork and you will need to carry it with you such a long way....

Sent from my LG cellphone

Daisy 953/3-9x40 AO Hawke Scope
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:42 am 

Quote:
that really worth to do so?!

I mean you may still need to pay the tax to get it through the customs, and paperwork and you will need to carry it with you such a long way....

I don’t know if it worth it! That’s why I’m asking :D Would save on shipping and duties, might still have to pay taxes, but would still be a couple hundred dollars less.
From what I have read, It needs to be declared when checking in, show PAL, and then locked with a copy of the declaration. On landing it again has to be declared, case opened etc. Doesn’t sound too onerous, but I could be missing something.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:59 am 

Contact CBSA first and ask whats required.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:09 pm 

If can save hundreds of buck it will be worth at any means ~ just follow the instruction I don't think it would be too complicated~
Virob wrote:
Quote:
that really worth to do so?!

I don’t know if it worth it! That’s why I’m asking :D Would save on shipping and duties, might still have to pay taxes, but would still be a couple hundred dollars less.
From what I have read, It needs to be declared when checking in, show PAL, and then locked with a copy of the declaration. On landing it again has to be declared, case opened etc. Doesn’t sound too onerous, but I could be missing something.

Sent from my LG cellphone

Daisy 953/3-9x40 AO Hawke Scope
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:16 pm 

I've brought PAL rifles from the US into Canada many times without issues, but never by air. You may have to pay taxes according to the value of your rifle - depending on how much personal allowance you have / how long you've been away (up to $800 max).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:20 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Contact CBSA first and ask whats required.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/dm-md/d19/d19-13-2-eng.pdf

"...Importation of newly acquired firearms

74. Residents may import newly acquired non-restricted firearms into Canada or may move them in transit through Canada if they present a valid Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL) or Possession Only Licence (POL) authorizing the possession of a non-restricted firearm.
75. Those residents who arrive in Canada without a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL)...who are attempting to import a newly acquired firearm do not have the option of having the firearm held by CBSA. No 40-day holding period will be granted. The importer may choose to abandon the goods to the Crown, or to export the firearm..."

starts on page 18.

sub500fps (non regulated) airgun info is addressed in this document as well.

caveat: chk w/ CBSA for any updates. this document shows thumb-assisted opening knives as ok to bring into canada but CBSA has been barring importation/entry into canada lately of these (legal) knives.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:33 pm 

Normally its not a problem, but the CBSA has been making things up as they go along lately.
Mail has been very delayed.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:00 pm 

I’ll be gone long enough for the full $800 allowance.
I going to drop by the local CBSA station and check in with them for any help advice.