Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.






Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:38 pm
Posts: 132
i was wondering were someone could go to shoot airguns and firearms besides a range. I've heard of people going to abandon quarry's to shoot, or in the woods, but there isn't anything like that around here... i've found a lot of old shells along train tracks, and i saw a video once of someone using them to see how far their airgun would shoot, but i'm not sure the legality of that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 1994
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
You must know your target and beyond. Also just because you find a shell, doesn't mean it's legal or safe. I find shotgun shells on the trails behind my house a lot. And closer then the required distance to hunt. Tracks are not really a good place. Often narrow, and many hikers or ATV use them to travel. A lot have side trails, you never know if someone might pop out.

Do you have any pipe lines or power lines? They usually have wide clearings that you can see if someone coming left or right.

Because from quick search. Technically rail road tracks are private property.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:38 pm
Posts: 132
leadslinger wrote:
You must know your target and beyond. Also just because you find a shell, doesn't mean it's legal or safe. I find shotgun shells on the trails behind my house a lot. And closer then the required distance to hunt. Tracks are not really a good place. Often narrow, and many hikers or ATV use them to travel. A lot have side trails, you never know if someone might pop out.

Do you have any pipe lines or power lines? They usually have wide clearings that you can see if someone coming left or right.

Because from quick search. Technically rail road tracks are private property.


not that i know of, i'm from around Essex. also what do you mean by power lines?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 1994
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Ausername wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
You must know your target and beyond. Also just because you find a shell, doesn't mean it's legal or safe. I find shotgun shells on the trails behind my house a lot. And closer then the required distance to hunt. Tracks are not really a good place. Often narrow, and many hikers or ATV use them to travel. A lot have side trails, you never know if someone might pop out.

Do you have any pipe lines or power lines? They usually have wide clearings that you can see if someone coming left or right.

Because from quick search. Technically rail road tracks are private property.


not that i know of, i'm from around Essex. also what do you mean by power lines?



Like this.. I know in BC shooters use the pipe lines and clearings for shooting.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:01 pm
Posts: 1323
Location: GTA, ON
:DD I got a completely different picture here I live... The trees on the 2 sides of the power line on your picture are all houses here ~ lol

Sent from my LG cellphone

_________________
Izzy 46M
HW30 Stainless Steel
2240+14" barrel/Williams peep sight
Daisy 953/3-9x40 AO Hawke Scope
P3+2x20 Kit Scope
HW40+Extender
HW45+Grip panels from Russia
P1322 with walnut forearm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 1994
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
YepYep wrote:
:DD I got a completely different picture here I live... The trees on the 2 sides of the power line on your picture are all houses here ~ lol

Sent from my LG cellphone


And that's why the country is better :P


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:34 pm
Posts: 256
Location: Bowmanville, Ontario
leadslinger wrote:
YepYep wrote:
:DD I got a completely different picture here I live... The trees on the 2 sides of the power line on your picture are all houses here ~ lol

Sent from my LG cellphone


And that's why the country is better :P



You can say that again.... I wish.

_________________
Shawn


Fully rebuilt Benjamin .22 classic
Some other junk rifles


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO