Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:54 pm 

Well a year of practice. I took 3rd place in my Division with a 1269, I was only 23 points from 2nd place. Last year I shot a 1038.

I haven't had Wendy's in ages.. Figure treat myself to bacon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:20 pm 

Nice~ I was told all the time, compare to yourself and you are making the progress step by step ~ isn't that good enough?!

Looking forward 1300 or step up to 1400 next year?! :drinkers:

Sent from my S8 via Tapatalk

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:14 am 

Thanks, Yes, set a goal and practice yourself. Never stop learning.

Last year was my first match, I went in blind with a gun I didn't know where it shot. So this year I practiced with a better gun, and what I did not so well on. I mean this year I'm going to practice again, what I didn't do so well on.

Like I said, never stop learning.

I could have have hit the 1300s, but after lunch I was getting sandbagged and tired. Making mistakes. I also was up at 3am, I have either a ulcer or GERD that flares up.

Like I can shoot a 9mm pistol pretty well. I think my issue is with airguns are, the targets are small so I stain too much to try and focus on them. I'm going to try bigger targets. So I don't need to focus as much.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:44 am 

For 10m air pistol using a binder and a iris made all the difference in the world for me. I didn't spend much money on them either. A clip on binder, paper clip, and a 3dprinted non adjustable iris. I use standard cheap reading glasses at 1.0.

Good work with PPC. My brother in law wants me to give it a try but I simply do not have the time for ISSF and PPC at the same time. Heck I don't even have time for ISSF.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:49 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
For 10m air pistol using a binder and a iris made all the difference in the world for me. I didn't spend much money on them either. A clip on binder, paper clip, and a 3dprinted non adjustable iris. I use standard cheap reading glasses at 1.0.

Good work with PPC. My brother in law wants me to give it a try but I simply do not have the time for ISSF and PPC at the same time. Heck I don't even have time for ISSF.

I got RX glasses but also got RX shooting glasses ( zenni optical ) but not sure if the zenni are truly my spec. Where my RX are, I wore those yesterday and were much more comfy. Doesn't matter if its IRONS or Scopes, I think I strain too much to focus, to see the target.

But thanks. I invited my father to shoot next year. I think I'm going to try and put a flatter trigger, and try and find a better rear sight.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:36 pm 

Hmmm~ I think we need to practice more and so we can use less effort in aiming and use 'guessing' instead... I found myself is tired in focusing the target too, especially when using open sights as my eyes getting aging earlier than expected...

~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 1:58 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Hmmm~ I think we need to practice more and so we can use less effort in aiming and use 'guessing' instead... I found myself is tired in focusing the target too, especially when using open sights as my eyes getting aging earlier than expected...

Keeping in mind you don't want to see a sharp target. What you want is a sharp front sight and sharpish rears. Blurry target and shoot the middle of it. With a round target I find sub 6 superior to all other aiming points with an adequate thickness of front sight. That's for ISSF. PPC is a different with their oval targets and sight allowances.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:15 pm 

Yep ~ learned that already. But the target is just too small when it was put away from me~ :cry: and I focus on centering the whole target on the front sight post, and if the front sight post has a protecting hood ( usually do ), it would help a little bit for the job... So when you want a better aim, usually I will need to open and close my eyes one, two times to give it a break and help to re-focus the picture...

And more practice to make your body memory to help the eye to aim looks too late for myself already ~ So, actually jealousy on you guys that can complete the match and even takes rewards home from the match~

~Target~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:55 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
Well a year of practice. I took 3rd place in my Division with a 1269, I was only 23 points from 2nd place. Last year I shot a 1038.

I haven't had Wendy's in ages.. Figure treat myself to bacon.

Well done. Shooting accurately with a Semi Auto is not as easy as it is with a wheel gun(revolver).
Wheel guns just seem to be more accurate handguns. Perhaps it is sight picture length, but
there is more to it than that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:09 pm 

Daryl wrote:

Well done. Shooting accurately with a Semi Auto is not as easy as it is with a wheel gun(revolver).
Wheel guns just seem to be more accurate handguns. Perhaps it is sight picture length, but
there is more to it than that.

Thanks,

I think the long sight radius and the way it recoil plays a factor. I find that you adjust alot on a semi auto.

I'd like a revolver, but I don't really want to reload for another caliber. The don't make really any good 9mm revolvers. I had a Alfa Project 6" 9mm, and it was okay, but it had a couple sticky cylinders. You had to rely on moonclips.

I think I'm gonna look for a new rear sight.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:20 pm 

I think the 8 shot S&W Performance Center wheel gun Jerry is shooting in the video, page one of this thread, is 9mm.
My only .38 SPL at this time, is a Colt Police Positive 4". It is the best DA revolver I have ever fired. The colt Python is close.
No muzzle movement as the hammer falls - none. That makes it easy for me to shoot it double action. Our Smiths were a
little more 'touchy' shooting DA.
My .38 Speed loaders work just fine with it.
Of course, with the 4" bl. it is a prohib, even though if measured the same way as a Semi-Auto, it would simply be restricted due to the
cylinder/chamber leagth.

Attachments:
ColtPolicePositive002-Copy_zpsa6ac12ca.jpg
ColtPolicePositive002-Copy_zpsa6ac12ca.jpg [ 107.7 KiB | Viewed 1731 times ]
ColtPolicePositive001_zps287bb7b8.jpg
ColtPolicePositive001_zps287bb7b8.jpg [ 96.89 KiB | Viewed 1731 times ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:06 pm 

Daryl wrote:
I think the 8 shot S&W Performance Center wheel gun Jerry is shooting in the video, page one of this thread, is 9mm.
My only .38 SPL at this time, is a Colt Police Positive 4". It is the best DA revolver I have ever fired. The colt Python is close.
No muzzle movement as the hammer falls - none. That makes it easy for me to shoot it double action. Our Smiths were a
Of course, with the 4" bl. it is a prohib, even though if measured the same way as a Semi-Auto, it would simply be restricted due to the
cylinder/chamber leagth.

929 I think. 8 shots would be hard, since PPC is 6 shots max, leaving you with 2 empty cylinders. I think you wouldn't line it up fast enough on a speed reload. There a charter arms 9mm but it's garbage, a S&W 547 I think, but harder to find.

The Alfa wouldn't eject 9mm without the moonclips. And the TK custom ones are harder to find. They fitted the 9mm better so you didn't have to fiddle trying to line up the rounds.

Seems with PPC, It doesn't matter what you run. Last year a semi auto won, this year was a revolver.

I'm happy with my CZ SP01. Just looking for a new rear sight for it, and maybe converting it to single action only. Since I never use DA on it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:50 pm 

Daryl wrote:
cylinder/chamber leagth.

:roll: ...

:shock: ...

No, wait!

:hsmash

:rolleyes:

Now it makes perfect sense to me.

:partyman:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:49 pm 

The CZ's are good shooting SA's. I shot one at the range last year - easy to keep in the middle of the coffin silhouette at 25 yards. I did not
try it further out. The Russian 7.62x25 Tokerov was REALLY snappy and amazingly accurate as well. I think they are running over 1,300fps.
with it's light bullet, of course. Those little sights suck, but I was amazed at it's accuracy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:14 pm 

Daryl wrote:
The CZ's are good shooting SA's. I shot one at the range last year - easy to keep in the middle of the coffin silhouette at 25 yards. I did not
try it further out. The Russian 7.62x25 Tokerov was REALLY snappy and amazingly accurate as well. I think they are running over 1,300fps.
with it's light bullet, of course. Those little sights suck, but I was amazed at it's accuracy.

Well I got no use for a 762x25, or a cheap gun. Snappy, heavy trigger and crappy sights, is something you don't want in PPC. I'm plenty happy with my CZ SP01 in 9mm overall, but like everything there some improvement. I want a much flatter trigger which I can only get with a SAO and a new rear sight. Since mines a little wide, for the narrower front sight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next