Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:47 pm 

Picked it up from Brownell's $154.99 shipped free.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:32 pm 

This is a great kit to convert the AR-15 but in canada the AR-15 is a Restricted gun and even in 22 LR you need to shot it at the range no not really usefull for us here in Canada
22LR is fun to shoot in my back yard.

you go to make a video of it shooting and grooping you just can't post this like this we need more.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:33 pm 

Thanks for the info rws, just bought one from Brownells so we'll see how long it takes to get here. Cool kit for a great price 8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:37 pm 

cisco wrote:
Thanks for the info rws, just bought one from Brownells so we'll see how long it takes to get here. Cool kit for a great price 8)

Less then 2 weeks. Is what it takes for my Brownell Orders.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:30 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
cisco wrote:

Less then 2 weeks. Is what it takes for my Brownell Orders.

Thanks, time to go stock up on 22LR :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:24 am 

cisco wrote:

Got mine real quick. Ordered it Friday evening September 21...they shipped it the next business day September 24 and had it the next day September 25....of course Iowa to North Dakota is not far....530 miles as the crow flies.

Great price at $154.99 USD with free shipping using the code NCS.

So far the unit has worked flawlessly.

Video using the conversion kit in an AR-15 pistol with and without a suppressor. Turn up your volume to max to hear the difference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdoNf7FjdDc

Last edited by rws on Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:32 am 

rws wrote:
cisco wrote:

Got mine real quick. Ordered it Friday evening September 21...they shipped it the next business day September 24 and had it the next day September 25....of course Iowa to North Dakota is not far.

Video using the conversion kit in an AR-15 pistol with and without a suppressor. Turn up your volume to max to hear the difference.

Remember that you're posting on a Canadian Site. Shipping times are greater to Canada and prices are different. Free shipping does not apply to Canada.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:40 am 

leadslinger wrote:
rws wrote:
cisco wrote:

Got mine real quick. Ordered it Friday evening September 21...they shipped it the next business day September 24 and had it the next day September 25....of course Iowa to North Dakota is not far....530 miles as the crow flies.

Remember that you're posting on a Canadian Site. Shipping times are greater to Canada and prices are different. Free shipping does not apply to Canada.

Isn't the US a great country! ie excellent product selection in country, great prices, fast shipping

Last edited by rws on Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:52 am 

rws wrote:
Isn't the US a great country!

Only good thing about America is you got a 2nd amendment to protect guns rights. But other then that, I like my Canada.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:54 am 

I was interested in this kit but unsure I wanted to run 22lr through my ar. How dirty are the internals getting? I think we have comparable prices here in Canada when on sale less the hassle of shipping over the border.

Not looking to get into a debate. The US is cool. My brother lives there and is doing great. I'm going to stay in Canada. A great country and I am very lucky for everything I have.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:03 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
I was interested in this kit but unsure I wanted to run 22lr through my ar. How dirty are the internals getting? I think we have comparable prices here in Canada when on sale less the hassle of shipping over the border.

Not looking to get into a debate. The US is cool. My brother lives there and is doing great. I'm going to stay in Canada. A great country and I am very lucky for everything I have.

No different then shooting 223/556 from it. Many people don't realize you can shoot 5000rds thru a quality AR, it may be dirty, but they will still function. AR's crap gas back into the action. So no matter what. They're going to carbon up. Personally It doesn't bother me. 12 years in the Infantry, owning about a dozen AR's. Fixing and building them for people. Having people in the Operator world or firearm manufacture companies.

I see the guns come back from CQB and tactical courses. I wouldn't be super worried about shooting 22 from the AR.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:39 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
I think we have comparable prices here in Canada when on sale less the hassle of shipping over the border.

Ya looks like I'll be watching out for one of those sales... the conversion kit is apparently classified SME (significant military equipment) and would require a US export license which needs a CAD import certificate from the Minister of Foreign Affairs, and costs $250US. :roll: