Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Diana 20
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:04 pm 

After a lot of hassle (lost in transit) this sweet little thing finally showed up.

Visible metal looks good, some scratches and dents in the stock but a refinish incl a bit of ironing should take care of that.

The action seemed very dry so I decided not to shoot it before fettling, besides the urge to take a peek inside was quite strong so a few minutes later it was in bits.

Washed innards looked good. Did a little deburring/polishing in the usual places, then a final clean and the parts are now ready for reassembly.

Piston seal is plastic and looks ok, breech seal is leather and looks good as well, time will tell if they work as intended.

Spring: Inner diameter 13 mm, wire 3 mm, 26 coils, length 186 mm.

Markings on the compression tube says "Diana 20 T01" but that's no T01 trigger, what happened here?

Nice pointy front sight, didn't have one of these from Diana before.

Onwards with heat gun and a blunt knife!

Before sanding.

More later ...

Post subject: Re: Diana 20
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:25 pm 

Nice~

Took a chair and waiting for the on-going updates! :D

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:05 pm 

Your are doing a fantastic job my friend , please keep us updated . What's your choice of stain for that beauty?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:41 am 

Thank you!

Got the action back together again without problems.

"Bore and stroke" = 25 and 51 mm = 25 cm2 swept volume, a cute little "engine".

Removed the leather breech seal and discovered that a Weihrauch seal might work. Testing with 0.475 g pellets I got 163 m/s (534 fps) = 6.3 joules (4.6 fpe). A piece of paper over the breech while firing showed leakage, so I shimmed the seal a little and tried some 0.52 g pellets. Got 161 m/s (528 fps) = 6.7 Joules (4.9 fpe) = a little more power. Wanted to test for leakage but then a shot went of while I was closing the breech. Was testing without the stock, might have touched the trigger ... anyway I decided to postphone further testing and have a beer instead.

Found a loose piece of wood near the rear stock screw hole, soaked it and the surroundings in epoxy, should be ok now.

After removing the old stock finish an iron and a damp cloth helped me get rid of most of the dents. Sanded some more but the stock still had a distinct walnut colour, a bit irritating because I had hoped for light wood and wanted to ebonize or to stain it green or blue. Oh well, here it is touched up with walnut stain and then oiled (boiled linseed oil).

Quite nice so far IMO, a handful of oil coats for sheen and I'm happy.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:04 am 

For those who don't know:

The rifle above is not a real Diana but a Chinese product with Diana sights on it.

Some think sticking your name on an OEM product is ok, I don't - this rifle should have been sold as what it is.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:17 pm 

As soon as you said leather breech seal, I was suspicious. Glad you got it working to your satisfaction.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:42 pm 

vestlenning wrote:
For those who don't know:

The rifle above is not a real Diana but a Chinese product with Diana sights on it.

Some think sticking your name on an OEM product is ok, I don't - this rifle should have been sold as what it is.

Very nice rebuild vestlenning! BTW, love your site :) .

I have one too, and love it.

Yes the Diana 20 is a China-made airgun, it actually is a B1. So what you have is a re-branded Chinese copy of a D25, with a nice stock and sights.

Cheers!