Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: My new baby! PP700SA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:58 pm 

Hobbyman2007 wrote:
Go the Huma regulator installed and tuned . Pretty impressive , I’m getting 40 shots within a 10fps spread from 210 bar to 100 bar . Set the Reg to 110 Bar , found the peak , then tuned to 450fps with the JSB 25 gr kings . I probably lost a few shots but gained in the accuracy department from the little deviation in speed . Well with the money IMO.

Hobbyman - those ballistics are what the boys over in England get with their tuned sub 12fpe .25 cal. springers (rifles).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:41 pm 

The trajectory is a little loopy but hits really hard in comparison to a sub 500 fps .22 cal. I’ve got the far zero set to 20 yards which gives me barely over an inch of rise in trajectory from 0 to 20yards . Just about perfect for small game hunting . This pistol is super accurate at known distances ,I have to get used to the green dot I have mounted mostly because there aren’t any mil dots for holdovers .

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:23 pm 

Sorry to wake up an old thread...

How long do you typically let the airgun sit before you notice the reg creep?

Ordered a .22 with shoulder stock, pumped to start tweaking!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:47 pm 

Seems a few hours is all it takes from what I've noticed.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:18 am 

987654321 wrote:
Sorry to wake up an old thread...

How long do you typically let the airgun sit before you notice the reg creep?

Ordered a .22 with shoulder stock, pumped to start tweaking!

I’d blow through a tin of pellets , before doing any “tweaking” . Find the sweet spot for fill pressure and shoot til your Es is acceptable . The only reason I did any tweaking is because I did a caliber swap . .25 cal is awesome in a pistol.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:39 am 

Thanks Wes. I figure you've probably opened up more of these airguns than anyone.

Hobbyman, I'd love to put a .25 barrel on, waiting to get the airgun before I decide if it's something I'm capable of doing. Any tips?

In .22, the only tweeking I was planning was restricting the transfer port if it's feasible. Hoping for a better ES if I can run it at a little higher pressure.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:32 pm 

Just picked mine up from the post office. Very nice looking pistol!!

Rich

Bruce Lee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:37 pm 

987654321 wrote:
Thanks Wes. I figure you've probably opened up more of these airguns than anyone.

Hobbyman, I'd love to put a .25 barrel on, waiting to get the airgun before I decide if it's something I'm capable of doing. Any tips?

In .22, the only tweeking I was planning was restricting the transfer port if it's feasible. Hoping for a better ES if I can run it at a little higher pressure.
Restricting the transfer port is super easy. Just turn the little alan key bolt in on the flip over loading port and you'll restricting flow.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:44 pm 

Castle02 wrote:
Just picked mine up from the post office. Very nice looking pistol!!

Rich
Yeah hey! Lol, two shipments of these and I'm not sure I'll get to keep one yet for myself. I've got one 22 needing repair so I'm hoping I'll feel rich enough to keep it and fix it for myself.
I also would really like to snag a bsa pistol scope, probably will since one of these I have in stock has been put on a couple pistols now and so not technically new. Good excuse! One customer wanted his pistol tested for accuracy and I was shooting a bunch of pellets with the open sights and not getting great results, so I stuck the bsa scope on and suddenly I was getting one hole groups! Guess I'm not much good with open sights anymore. Used to be a pretty good shot with them when I was young but that 2x sure makes a difference for me now. =)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:19 am 

Haven't even received my pp700 yet (should ship this week), but I went ahead and ordered a Hum reg for it.

Anyone tried a Huma for .177 or .22? Curious what kind of shot could I can expect in .22 at sub-500fps.

Figure I would avoid the hassle of the reg creep before it keeps me up at night, haha. Should make a great little rat gun in close quarters.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:36 am 

You should get pretty close to the factory shot count with the Huma Reg . Only you’ll have a much better ES , single digit . I’d set it to 110 bar and fill to the full 220 bar . Please post your results once you fit it in .22 . I’ve ordered a second in .22 and would love to see the shot count also .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:58 am 

I'll be sure to post an update as soon as it's put together. How long did your Huma regulator take to ship to Canada?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:13 pm 

Just over a week to get it . Less than ten minutes to install . I removed the small screw for the install rather than cranking down the adjuster .

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:35 pm 

Huma reg won't be here until next week, but I received my pp700 today.

Initial thoughts... Quality is better than I anticipated. Arrived with 80 bar. Pumped it up to 180 bar and fired a few over the chrony. 14.3's @ a pretty consistent 450fps.

Doesn't sound like it's wasting much air, mine seems tuned pretty perfect right out of the box.

Trigger is crisp but heavy. Hoping I can fix this a bit once I open it up next week.

The folding stock is awesome. I've got a 3-9x40 on top, everything balances great.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:20 pm 

The trigger is adjustable without taking anything apart. Just need a small hex key to slide into the hole in the trigger guard down to the adjustment screw on the trigger. Tighten in to make the trigger lighter. Itll go all the way to not being able to cock so watch out you don't get too hair of a trigger, =).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next