Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 17, 2018 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:39 pm 

Wondering if this gun still has any following here? I took mine (22 cal) to the range yesterday, shooting at 50 metres off a bench, using JSB Jumbo Heavy ammo, 18.3 grain, tethered to a scuba tank that had 2300 psi pressure. I was getting great accuracy. 40% of the shots were hitting a bullseye smaller than a dime. I believe little gusts of wind were responsible for the majority that were just outside of the bullseye as the deviation was pretty much all lateral. I'm still pretty impressed with this gun that I bought about 7 years ago.

I also tried shooting some Daisy ammo, but it was printing all over the place. Couldn't keep them in a group tighter than 4-6". No wonder it was so cheap at Walmart.

Tried some shots at 100 meters, and there was quite the holdover required. Unfortunately my scope doesn't have mill dots, so I couldn't get the hold over terribly consistent. Looks like it would hit a tin can fairly consistently at 100 meters, but there is a real arch to the trajectory. I chrono'd mine at around 900 fps with the jumbo heavy, but that was a while back, so my memory could be off a little.

Where do you buy your quality pellets like JSB's? I ordered some on Amazon as I am almost out of the jumbo heavy, and they seem to shoot the best in my gun.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:19 pm 

Certainly!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:31 pm 

The Airgun forum store has a pretty good selection of JSB pellets . There or maybe Airgun source . Depending on where you live shipping is usually pretty fast also.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:42 pm 

Czar on the forum here has them real good price. Here is the jumbo heavies http://www.airgunpellets.ca/index.php/p ... vy-diablo/

Sent from my LG-M154 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:31 pm 

I still shoot mine. I had it tuned last winter. Regulator, parts polishing, auto-safety cancel etc.
Just put a bipod on it, used it at 10meters and it's still a riot to shoot. Can't wait to stretch it's legs to longer distances.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:07 pm 

Tin cans at 100 yards is easy gulf balls are another story. Can be done though.

I have only had my AT44 for a few months and Shoot it whenever I get a chance.

I buy all my pellets from airgunsource they have a very good selection.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:32 am 

Thanks all. I've thought about modifying the safety so it doesn't come on automatically. It catches me off guard sometimes when I'm all lined up start pulling the trigger.

How is everyone filling their gun? I am using a scuba tank and get around 100 psi drop each fill. So, that means I get approx. 8 fills before the tank is down to 2200. I liked the consistency I got when I shot it tethered to the open tank.

I'm thinking about either a larger carbon fiber tank, assuming someone close can fill it, or a heng yong compressor.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:31 pm 

Grizzlypeg wrote:
Thanks all. I've thought about modifying the safety so it doesn't come on automatically. It catches me off guard sometimes when I'm all lined up start pulling the trigger.

How is everyone filling their gun? I am using a scuba tank and get around 100 psi drop each fill. So, that means I get approx. 8 fills before the tank is down to 2200. I liked the consistency I got when I shot it tethered to the open tank.

I'm thinking about either a larger carbon fiber tank, assuming someone close can fill it, or a heng yong compressor.

I can assure you it's at least a 100 times more fun without that dumb auto safety.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:40 pm 

I was inspired by this thread, so I pulled out my AT44 and gave it a clean up, replaced a few O-rings and its ready to shoot again. This is one of my favorites and I'm so looking forward to putting a few rounds through it. IIRC it likes CPHP pellets that I have lots of. Really stoked :lol: ....

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:11 am 

Dukemeister wrote:
I was inspired by this thread, so I pulled out my AT44 and gave it a clean up, replaced a few O-rings and its ready to shoot again. This is one of my favorites and I'm so looking forward to putting a few rounds through it. IIRC it likes CPHP pellets that I have lots of. Really stoked :lol: ....

Excellent. How do you fill your pcp air guns? tank, compressor or hand pump?
Also curious what sort of scope you favor? mildot? externally adjustable windage and elevation?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:28 pm 

I use a hand pump, it's pretty easy to fill a small tube like the one on the AT44 to 200 bar. Takes about 200 strokes.
I have a Scorpion 4-12x40 AO front focus on it. I got it at CT many moons ago - its a nice clear scope. I tend to put a scope on and forget it there for life, seldom switch to a different scope as long as the scope and rife are matched to my liking.

Duke ))))----//----------==

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:43 pm 

Grizzlypeg wrote:
Dukemeister wrote:

Excellent. How do you fill your pcp air guns? tank, compressor or hand pump?
Also curious what sort of scope you favor? mildot? externally adjustable windage and elevation?

I have a nice paintball and airsoft store (very few airguns but all way overpriced) close by and they fill my small carbon fiber tank for cheap. Best way to shoot a PCP. I bought the tank because I was noticing that I was shooting my AT44 less because the pumping was a PITA.

I mainly use CenterPoint scopes, clear, affordable, comes with rings and easily available. I bought them in the US before learning that we're not supposed to get optics out of the US without a lot of paperwork :shock: I think I still have one that has no gun under it so I should still be good.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:12 pm 

How many top up fills can you do with a paintball tank?

I am considering a 4500 psi paintball tank, but I want to be sure there is somewhere convenient to get it filled, otherwise its a PITA and I won't do it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:52 pm 

Back to the subject, please.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:20 am 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Back to the subject, please.

Are you serious?