Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:45 pm 

Attachment:
0916AE23-1C8F-4C75-A25F-FA6A7C53D799.jpeg
0916AE23-1C8F-4C75-A25F-FA6A7C53D799.jpeg [ 167.33 KiB | Viewed 1677 times ]

I have an opportunity to acquire thru a whole sale distribution channel in Canada the subject mentioned .177 pellet only air gun. Not the combo pellet and bb one. German made via by Umarex. The CO2 operating pistol goes for 329$+ CAN in many online sites. These are new. Not used or refurbished. There is a 5% tax and 7% duty on the lot purchase I would swallow as I want one too. But I must buy at least 11 which is a lot of $ up front from me. It’s a replica 1911 A colt that is of very decent quality and a high FPS accurate shot for its classification. No blow back. I would do this if there is decent interest out there and the transaction would be in CAN$ plus shipping using EMT only. If your interested you can PM me, but please be committed. Hopefully this is ok to the administration group of this site. If not, please pull the post. Possible price for the gun only to cover everything and a little more for my trouble range is 240$ to 260$ all in plus the cost of shipping in Canada only. I estimate shipping around 20-25$ with tracking and insurance. These are estimates of course, but realistically in line. All sales are final as I’m not a dealer. Umarex warranty will apply. I’ll know more soon. Let me know. Thank you for reading of the post and your time.

You must be 18 years of age to purchase and if I’m in doubt I will ask for a pic of your ID. I setup an email account to facilitate if the interest is out there. Otherwise I’ll scrap the venture. Please PM me here in this forum “first” as the email account is only for committed parties to acquire 1 or more of the item. Deposit maybe required of small monetary value to secure the committed parties acquisition. qrpguns@outlook.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:56 pm 

After seeing the number of views there appears to be a low interest in the venture. Therefore I am not pursuing it. Thank you everyone for your time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:31 am 

B-Aube wrote:
After seeing the number of views there appears to be a low interest in the venture. Therefore I am not pursuing it. Thank you everyone for your time.

Someone told me to give it a week at least. So the offer stands. If someone is truly interested or has questions please PM me. Thank you. :-)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:47 am 

Used ones come up For Sale here all the time for much less than your projected cost of buying a brand new one.

Why would I put my cash into your venture when I can simply wait for a used one to come up For Sale here and pay less?

:?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:42 am 

wllm995 wrote:
Used ones come up For Sale here all the time for much less than your projected cost of buying a brand new one.

Why would I put my cash into your venture when I can simply wait for a used one to come up For Sale here and pay less?

:?

There is a few principal reasons.
1a. It’s for certain clientele that are interested in replicated guns only whom have no interest in getting a PAL.
1b. Some people want new not second hand. You don’t know exactly what your getting second hand. You get what you pay for when buying anything second hand or not.
2. I discovered a distribution channel that allows for a lower selling price for variety of high end air guns under the 500 FPS mostly made in Germany where retail prices at most stores on or off line are out of reach for many.
3. Warranty by the manufacture.
4a.This is an experiment to see how wide the interest is out for those whom like these type of air guns for simple short range target shooting. Therefore, if successful I could make other offers in the future for other types of air guns. If the interest is not there it’s not there. I’ll drop the offer.
4b. Collecting that committed interest brings the risk lower to me by having to sit on a bunch of new guns while the warranty clock continues to tick forward. It’s hard to sell air guns second hand or not.
5. Aside from other reasons I would get a new COLT GOVERNMENT 1911 A1 BLACK out this venture for my troubles.

I have no interest in opening a store or online business. I simply do not have the time or capital as one needs to purchase in bulk of inventory (guns, pellets, cleaning kits, extra mags, etc) in the thousands to make profit and even entice anyone to look over what you have. Plus I’m a caregiver and this provides a much needed distraction.

It’s about giving people a break from the retail market. Not profit. Does that answer your question?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:53 am 

This actually is good. I like the German made high quality air guns too!

However you need too many ppl to get the offer... I doubt that's the reason...

Once before I had a similar chance for the full auto Beretta A1 BB gun. I only need 3 ppl to reach the deal... But still can't get that finally...

Sent from my LG cellphone

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:57 am 

I think you would get more responce of you were more established member. Only been here few months and you need 11 people to say yes. Be kinda hard without any feedback. No offense, but does sound kinda scamish.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:15 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
I think you would get more responce of you were more established member. Only been here few months and you need 11 people to say yes. Be kinda hard without any feedback. No offense, but does sound kinda scamish.

You comment just discourages me. I did a lot of leg and phone work to get to this point. I was trying to get Master Lock to sell me trigger locks whole sale and throw it in to sweeten the deal, promote safety and their brand. USA group were very helpful and supportive. However, the Canadian office won’t entertain the idea nor return my calls. What can I do or say to you to change your mind that this not a scam? Since you brought it up you likely scared off any interest. I really don’t know where to go from here. Thank you leadslinger!

Last edited by B-Aube on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:16 pm 

YepYep wrote:
This actually is good. I like the German made high quality air guns too!

However you need too many ppl to get the offer... I doubt that's the reason...

Once before I had a similar chance for the full auto Beretta A1 BB gun. I only need 3 ppl to reach the deal... But still can't get that finally...

Your right yep yep. I don’t think this is going to fly. Appreciate your post. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:35 pm 

Sorry I don't buy the high price replicas now, instead, I use my money on the real accurate competition grade guns...

Otherwise, maybe saying a year ago, I think I will join your group offer for this one ~

FWB300SU#Tau-7#IZH-46M#FWB-65#CP88-C
~Target~
HW 30s/35e/97k/40+Extender/P3+Scope/70#CZ200s Laminated@10fpe#AA ProSport-177@12fpe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:40 pm 

YepYep wrote:
Sorry I don't buy the high price replicas now, instead, I use my money on the real accurate competition grade guns...

Otherwise, maybe saying a year ago, I think I will join your group offer for this one ~

Appreciate the interest. Thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:03 pm 

While I appreciate your efforts in trying to obtain a quality air pistol at a great price, I think you're limiting yourself a bit...

Let me throw out some odds:

1/ Finding a new-in-box 1911 in-store or on online in Canada-100%.
Add shipping and sales tax. If you need a brand new one,like NOW, go for it. This your fastest and most "protected" option, and priced accordingly. If they have them in stock...

2/ Finding in-store or online, one for less than best retail cost or on sale- 10%.
Add shipping and sales tax. Rare occurrences.

3/ Finding a Like New In Box example on the used market in Canada- 10%
Add shipping. Be VERY patient-it could take a long time...

4/ Finding a new-ish used one with low use (the coveted "Closet/Safe Queen")- 30%
Again, be very patient. Post an ad in the Forum's "Wanted" section.

5/ Finding one that's been used, but not abused, in original case- 80%
I see these come up every couple months, but you have to be quick. Do your due diligence, and you may find one that suits your needs and budget.

6/ Being able to convince 11 other people to commit to ANYTHING that costs them money-2%

Just sayin...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:21 pm 

57scott wrote:
While I appreciate your efforts in trying to obtain a quality air pistol at a great price, I think you're limiting yourself a bit...

Let me throw out some odds:

1/ Finding a new-in-box 1911 in-store or on online in Canada-100%.
Add shipping and sales tax. If you need a brand new one,like NOW, go for it. This your fastest and most "protected" option, and priced accordingly. If they have them in stock...

2/ Finding in-store or online, one for less than best retail cost or on sale- 10%.
Add shipping and sales tax. Rare occurrences.

3/ Finding a Like New In Box example on the used market in Canada- 10%
Add shipping. Be VERY patient-it could take a long time...

4/ Finding a new-ish used one with low use (the coveted "Closet/Safe Queen")- 30%
Again, be very patient. Post an ad in the Forum's "Wanted" section.

5/ Finding one that's been used, but not abused, in original case- 80%
I see these come up every couple months, but you have to be quick. Do your due diligence, and you may find one that suits your needs and budget.

6/ Being able to convince 11 other people to commit to ANYTHING that costs them money-2%

Just sayin...

Your right, although your percentages are best guess estimates. I was just trying to do something nice within the forum for the ones whom like high end replica hand guns for their back yard or cottage target shooting. AGS has it on for 325$ plus tax and shipping. I might show this to replica air guns and see if they match it or beat it as they ship free over a certain amount.

In regards to your point 6, I was planning to ask for a 20$ EMT deposit to hold their place in line that would be applied to the overall price. A token to secure their interest and commitment. Returned should they change their mind. My cost per gun was $180. The estimate for price I gave was to cover the unforeseen cost like individual close fit boxes to ship the items by the most economical means including insurance.

Your post 57scott was most appreciated and informative, but I decided not to pursue this venture as it’s too troublesome and my reputation is worth more since the input here suggested it to be a scam. Lastly, I rather have new, not second hand, as I have been scam about the condition of an item before. Kindest regards :)

I consider this post closed.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 pm 

As do I.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]